SCS Supercoach Ultimate League

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
FYI Brownlow night is this Sunday. I just had to look it up to confirm the date.

I can do any of those dates to be honest.
Throwing up dates where most of us my be watching the TV. The draft lottery will take approximately 15 minutes, so it's not onerous.

Personally, I haven't watched the Brownlow for 10+ years. Switch towards the end sometimes. Grand Final day would be at a time which suits. I'm more likely to watch it at home so that I can enjoy the game, however I'm aware others won't be at home. Again, the Draft isn't necessarily a must watch event for all.

It would be great to have all online for those 15 minutes and clink a virtual drink to the season that was (all hail Jordan) and the season ahead.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
I voted after the trade period, but only because I haven’t look at my team in weeks and I feel unorganised. It doesn’t really matter, and it’s only a lottery - I can do any of those options.
Honestly, there is no rush. However, there are plenty keen to know their draft position in order to begin trade discussions.

Our processes won't open until after the trade period ends, the draft has been completed and Supercoach has opened for confirmation of positions (and possibly price indications). We need all this information to make informed decisions.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A bargain, if I do say so myself!

For all of his individual honours he will be handsomely compensated financially in 2021 and 2022.
View attachment 21879
Thankfully no performance based incentives were included in his contract. On that note, pencil in the Creme de la Creme awards night for the upcoming weekend when the winner of the best and fairest and numerous other awards will be announced.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On that note, pencil in the Creme de la Creme awards night for the upcoming weekend when the winner of the best and fairest and numerous other awards will be announced.
Ditto The Giants. Although quite worrying that half our side was spotted at the AFL Brownlow with end of season surgeries... :rolleyes:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thankfully no performance based incentives were included in his contract. On that note, pencil in the Creme de la Creme awards night for the upcoming weekend when the winner of the best and fairest and numerous other awards will be announced.
Welcome to our night of nights and fantastic to see so many familiar faces in the audience to help celebrate the achievements of our playing group in the inaugural SCSUL season.

A relief for the well documented cheapskate @Connoisseur that no catering costs are necessary.

The votes have been tallied and the winner of the inaugural best and fairest for the Creme de la Creme Fantasy Football Club is the captain of the 2020 Bay Villas Resort All-Ultimate Team, the captain of Creme de la Creme, the 2020 SCSUL Lockhart Medallist, Mr Lachie Neale.
Lachie Neale Aztec guernsey (1).jpg

Top 10 (Votes awarded per match- 5,4,3,2,1):
1st= L Neale= 56
2nd= C Petracca= 41
3rd= L Parker= 24
4th= A Brayshaw= 23
5th= B McEvoy= 16
6th= R Stanley= 13
7th= J McGovern= 11
8th= T Stewart= 10
9th= M Murphy= 10
10th= T Doedee= 9

For round by round polling- https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/scssultimateleague/creme-de-la-creme-t8-s15.html

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Welcome to our night of nights and fantastic to see so many familiar faces in the audience to help celebrate the achievements of our playing group in the inaugural SCSUL season.

A relief for the well documented cheapskate @Connoisseur that no catering costs are necessary.

The votes have been tallied and the winner of the inaugural best and fairest for the Creme de la Creme Fantasy Football Club is the captain of the 2020 Bay Villas Resort All-Ultimate Team, the captain of Creme de la Creme, the 2020 SCSUL Lockhart Medallist, Mr Lachie Neale.
View attachment 22471

1st= L Neale= 56
2nd= C Petracca= 41
3rd= L Parker= 24
4th= A Brayshaw= 23
5th= B McEvoy= 16
6th= R Stanley= 13
7th= J McGovern= 11
8th= T Stewart= 10
9th= M Murphy= 10
10th= T Doedee= 9

For round by round polling- https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/scssultimateleague/creme-de-la-creme-t8-s15.html
Good to see that the B & F was a Covid19 safe event. :p

Congratulations to Lachie Neale.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 22471

1st= L Neale= 56
2nd= C Petracca= 41
3rd= L Parker= 24
4th= A Brayshaw= 23
5th= B McEvoy= 16
6th= R Stanley= 13
7th= J McGovern= 11
8th= T Stewart= 10
9th= M Murphy= 10
10th= T Doedee= 9

The 2nd award offered honours an often overlooked quality which is highly desirable for any fantasy player- Durability. The award is named in honour of the player who most typifies this characteristic, which is the incomparable Kade Simpson and the recipients consist of any players that managed to play all regular season games throughout the season.

Without further ado, the recipients of the Kade Simpson Durability Award are Lachie Neale, Luke Parker, Marc Murphy, Andrew Brayshaw, Christian Petracca, Heath Shaw and Kade Simpson.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The 2nd award offered honours an often overlooked quality which is highly desirable for any fantasy player- Durability. The award is named in honour of the player who most typifies this characteristic, which is the incomparable Kade Simpson and the recipients consist of any players that managed to play all regular season games throughout the season.

Without further ado, the recipients of the Kade Simpson Durability Award are Lachie Neale, Luke Parker, Marc Murphy, Andrew Brayshaw, Christian Petracca, Heath Shaw and Kade Simpson.
The next two awards are awarded to the best player (as judged by the coaching staff) that fit within the following age brackets
Best player under 21
Best player 30 and over
Eligibility for the above involves their current age at the end of the regular season.

The winners are
Andrew Brayshaw for the Best Player Under 21
Brayshaw.png

and Tom Rockliff for the 30 and Overs
rockliff.png

Brayshaw comfortably defeated his closest competition of M King and X Duursma whereas Rockliff narrowly defeated Shaun Higgins, Marc Murphy and Ben McEvoy for the prestigious honour, which is proudly sponsored by Aidacare.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Over the next month or so, I'll be seeking input for the rules of the competition. Some will be new rules and some will be alterations. All will be designed to improve the game, whether that be to fix holes or make it fairer. As always,, your opinion is sought and valued.

The first is a slight alteration to the 2nd Contracts. Currently, the 2YC go up by 50%, 75%, 100%, 125% and that seemed to work well for averages in the 40 - 75% range when designing the game. We can now see that there are a number of rookies scoring 75%+, for which these percentages seem too harsh in increasing value in years 3 - 5.

I've done another table/calculator with 40%, 60%, 80%, 100% and made a comparison table (all of which can be seen in full in the Teams doc), which I think is a fairer scaling of value over the five years, whilst still require teams to make decisions on length of contracts. The overs aren't as harsh.

2YC 40% to 100%: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bzjGpqnAKzgUvJNCheSgWVLxIs/edit#gid=986689135
Comparison: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...zjGpqnAKzgUvJNCheSgWVLxIs/edit#gid=1530731510
1603711305020.png

All salaries would be altered to the new values before our trade and draft period.

Please have a look at the tables and provide feedback.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gents if you haven't already, if you could have a look through the possible alteration to the 2nd Contracts that would be good, and provide @KLo30 some feedback so we can make a call on whether to go through with the change.

FWIW, having discussed with Ken a few weeks back when he first mentioned it to me, I thought it was beneficial the adjustments. Being a little bit less sting in re-signing those higher end averaging guys, and to longer-term deals, not hurting the bank quite as much. This I think will be good, particularly once we start getting a couple of years in, where it will reward good research, recruiting, and obviously a little bit of luck with getting doing well with your draft selections for players coming into the AFL system.