SCS Supercoach Ultimate League

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Packaged with Short?
Short is one I’m bullish on, but he is tradeable.
[All of my list is.]

The main things I have been looking for are top flight mids and/or captaincy options.

Might be a tweak in my needs once the delistings etc are all done, but that’s been the goal.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
What are teams thoughts on players who are delisted/not offered contracts by their AFL teams, given there are two scenarios?

1. Delisted and not picked up by another AFL team
Obviously, this is simple. Not on an AFL list therefore can be delisted by teams and only need to pay salary if it exceeds their average salary in any given years.

2. Delisted and picked up by another AFL team
Should teams have the choice of delisting under the same conditions as 1 or should they have to retain the player, in better or worse circumstances.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
What are teams thoughts on players who are delisted/not offered contracts by their AFL teams, given there are two scenarios?

Obviously, this is simple. Not on an AFL list therefore can be delisted by teams and only need to pay salary if it exceeds their average salary in any given years.

Should teams have the choice of delisting under the same conditions as 1 or should they have to retain the player, in better or worse circumstances.
Appreciate this is probably not directly helpful, but confirming that I don’t have a strong view on 2. Agree that 1 is straightforward.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

Appreciate this is probably not directly helpful, but confirming that I don’t have a strong view on 2. Agree that 1 is straightforward.
1. Agree

2. I would view it as being the same as if the player got traded between AFL clubs. Hence if say they have a year remaining on their SCS Ultimate contract then that remains as is. The coach can still have the option to trade them to another SCS Ultimate coach etc.

Happy to go with the majority though.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

1. Agree

2. I would view it as being the same as if the player got traded between AFL clubs. Hence if say they have a year remaining on their SCS Ultimate contract then that remains as is. The coach can still have the option to trade them to another SCS Ultimate coach etc.

Happy to go with the majority though.
My view is the same as @Philzsay

lappinitup

2006 AFL SuperCoach Winner
AFL Club
Carlton
Novice time.

Can I ask when the drafts will be?

When trading is open and shut for 2021 and when list sizes/contracts need to be finalised.

Apologies - no doubt all somewhere, happy to be pointed in the right direction.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Novice time.

Can I ask when the drafts will be?

When trading is open and shut for 2021 and when list sizes/contracts need to be finalised.

Apologies - no doubt all somewhere, happy to be pointed in the right direction.
Drafts: TBD - Late Feb - Early March

Trading Open: After Supercoach is open and we can get positions. Then it's a matter of having a Google Sheet to help facilitate trades. We also need to hold the draft lottery, which will take about 15 minutes, so that the draft order is set.

Trading Shut: One week before the draft. Trading can remain open whilst Free Agency and RFA is being done.

Obviously, this the first time anyone has done this, so setting up the process and Google Sheets will take a little time, and we'll all need to be flexible. There are also some rules which will require feedback in the coming weeks. At least one which may affect how teams might want to structure their lists.

It's getting busy at the resort, so I'm uncertain what I can achieve before the Christmas and New Year rush. We are under staffed, so I'll probably be out of action for a couple of weeks over that period. If the Google Sheet isn't quite ready then trades could be posted in this thread.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
2020 AFL ROOKIE DRAFT
1. Adelaide Crows – Bryce Gibbs (Adelaide Crows)
2. North Melbourne – Patrick Walker (outside midfielder, North Hobart)
3. Sydney Swans – Malachy Carruthers (Medium defender, Sturt)
4. Hawthorn – Jack Saunders (Norwood)
5. Gold Coast Suns – Jacob Townsend (forward, Essendon)
6. Essendon – Marty Gleeson (Essendon)
7. Fremantle – Josh Treacy (tall forward, Bendigo Pioneers)
8. Carlton – Luke Parks (medium defender, Glenelg)
9. GWS – Sam Reid (GWS)
10. Melbourne – Pass
11. Western Bulldogs – Lachlan McNeil (midfielder, Woodville-West Torrens)
12. West Coast Eagles – Zane Trew (Midfielder, Swan Districts/WA)
13. Collingwood – Jack Ginnivan (Medium forward, Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country)
14. St Kilda – Pass
15. Brisbane Lions – Grant Birchall (Brisbane Lions)
16. Port Adelaide – Tyson Goldsack (Port Adelaide)
17. Richmond – Pass
18. North Melbourne – Connor Menadue (Werribee)
19. Sydney Swans – Pass
20. Gold Coast Suns – Jack Hombsch (Gold Coast Suns)
21. Essendon – Dylan Clarke (Essendon)
22. Fremantle – Bailey Banfield (Fremantle)
23. Carlton – Pass
24. GWS – Zach Sproule (GWS Giants)
25. Melbourne – Pass
26. Western Bulldogs – Roarke Smith (Western Bulldogs)
27. West Coast Eagles – Daniel Venables (West Coast Eagles)
28. Collingwood – Isaac Chugg (outside midfielder, Launceston)
29. St Kilda – Pass
30. Port Adelaide – Pass
31. Richmond – Pass
32. North Melbourne – Pass
33. Gold Coast Suns – Jordan Murdoch (Gold Coast Suns)
34. Essendon – Pass
35. Collingwood – Pass
36. St Kilda – Pass
37. Port Adelaide – Taj Schofield (Woodville-West Torrens)
38. Gold Coast Suns – Aiden Fyfe (Broadbeach)
39. Collingwood – Pass
40. Gold Coast Suns – Rhys Nicholls (Labrador)

2020 AFL PRE-SEASON DRAFT
1. Adelaide Crows – Jackson Hately (GWS Giants)

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ruh- roh!

Losing 3 forwards to DPP but McEvoy receiving the option to be moved to defence and Williams forward should o***et that.
1607670940036.png

In the Christmas break I will review my side and current needs but it looks very likely that I will offload some midfielders if anyone is interested.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Ruh- roh!

Losing 3 forwards to DPP but McEvoy receiving the option to be moved to defence and Williams forward should o***et that.
View attachment 23288

In the Christmas break I will review my side and current needs but it looks very likely that I will offload some midfielders if anyone is interested.
McEvoy D/R is huge!

Devon Smith mid only in the end which hurts me.... the defensive move I think messed up his % splits....

Marshall R/F and Fantasia getting a D/F positioning is great for me.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.

We have now passed the AFL Draft. Players have been delisted/not offered a contract and have been:
  • rookie listed by their own club
  • drafted in the AFL club (well not this year)
  • rookie listed by another club
  • overlooked
Players which have been overlooked can now be picked up by clubs with space on their lists before the season begins.

We need a cut off for our purposes. This should be at the completion of the AFL draft process (draft, PSD and rookie).

Like = Yes
Comment = Disagree

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
1607941023881.png

Round 1 of the draft lottery saw The Darkness the big winner turning 2 & 5 into 1 and 3, and the Jabukanji Stingers losing out moving from 1 to 4.

Round 2 was the biggest surprise with all picks ending up in their original order.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 23453

Round 1 of the draft lottery saw The Darkness the big winner turning 2 & 5 into 1 and 3, and the Jabukanji Stingers losing out moving from 1 to 4.

Round 2 was the biggest surprise with all picks ending up in their original order.
I just saw this, looks like a lucky result for me! Probably need it though 🙂