Seriously, ***?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rogue European eagle owl attacks in Dutch town see victims requiring hospital treatment

The northern Dutch town of Purmerend has advised residents to arm themselves with an umbrella when going out at night, after a mysterious spate of bloody rogue owl attacks. Over the last three weeks a European eagle owl, one of the largest owl species, has silently swooped on dozens of residents of the usually peaceful town, with many victims requiring hospital treatment.

The latest aerial assault saw two members of a local athletics club attacked, with one runner requiring stitches for six head wounds caused by the nocturnal bird of prey's talons. The club cancelled all training until further notice.

Residents and workers at Prinsenstichting home for the handicapped were left terrified following at least 15 attacks, spokeswoman Liselotte de Bruijn said. "During the day there's no problem, but at night we now only venture outside armed with umbrellas, helmets and hats, anything really, to protect ourselves," Ms De Bruijn said. "The problem is that you don't hear the owl before it strikes. Its claws are razor-sharp. "We hope the city will soon catch this rogue bird."

Purmerend city council said it was trying to find a solution. "We want to catch the owl as our city's residents are in danger," it said on its website, noting however that the European eagle owl is a protected species that requires special permission to be trapped. "These procedures can still take some time. Meanwhile, we are advising people to stay away from the owl."

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Even though he probably lives 600km away over in Denmark I can't help but feel that Rowsus is responsible for this in some way...

:D

AFL Club
Adelaide
Pete Evans always looked creepy and even more so after going Paleo and now he wants to kill our babies! I say NO to creepy paleo Pete!

Seriously this is dangerous, a celebrity chef encouraging parents to put their kids on a fad diet which may actually cause vitamin A poisoning (to sell a book) what a doofus. I can't believe it.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/life-an...rous-toddler-food-trends-20150315-144ixo.html

AFL Club
Carlton
World cup Semi-Final on.
Hardly see much of lives games all tournament. Important semi-final on and we miss a wicket as they at and add..
GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:mad:

AFL Club
Carlton
Bernard Tomic after match rant.
No idea of Tennis Australia but the guy out of touch with time and place for such a rant.

In the recently finished Copa America, a Chilean player was banned for "doing a Hopoate", which is seriously ***

So in the lead up to the final, a Chilean satirical magazine warned Chile's opposition gun player, Leo Messi, the same thing was coming for him: CI6v5p_WwAAzo3g.jpg

Messi ends up having the worst game of his tournament and his Argentina bottle it and lose to Chile on penalties.

Attachments

AFL Club
Adelaide
Had an interesting encounter today. A guy came in and ordered a coffee and a jaffle. Did my usual banter with a you've been in before? He said no. Oh you look familiar... He says you've probably seen me on TV. Oh what you have you been on? Just stuff he said... Doesn't matter.

He was having a bad day. Moving house from the city and things weren't going well. A bit later he said it has made his day that I didn't recognise him. I'd just got a familiarity I said. While he was there I worked out who it was but I kept it to myself.

Oh and he was wearing a big black eye patch.

It was this guy:

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Had an interesting encounter today. A guy came in and ordered a coffee and a jaffle. Did my usual banter with a you've been in before? He said no. Oh you look familiar... He says you've probably seen me on TV. Oh what you have you been on? Just stuff he said... Doesn't matter.

He was having a bad day. Moving house from the city and things weren't going well. A bit later he said it has made his day that I didn't recognise him. I'd just got a familiarity I said. While he was there I worked out who it was but I kept it to myself.

Oh and he wearing a big black eye patch.

It was this guy:
Hope you got his money and didn't give him credit.

AFL Club
Adelaide
He paid. He was really upset about his new place having a narrow stair case and no elevator. I told him that apparently moving house is only slightly less traumatic than losing a loved one. He said the two most stressful things in life are moving house and public speaking. I asked if he was doing any public speaking today and he said no so I told him he'd be fine.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Interesting that Trump could win the people's election, and still not be President.
I'm not just talking about winning the popular vote, either.
While in theory, the voters are "electing" their President, they are actually not doing that at all!
What they are doing, is telling their "electors" who they should vote for in December, when the President is actually elected.
Here's how it works.
There are 538 electors across the states. California has the most with 55, Wyoming the least with 3.
These electors vote in December, and to become President, someone needs to get 270+ of these votes. If no one gets 270, then the House Of Representatives elects the President. (John Quincy Adams is the only President to be elected this way, since elections were held in this format.)
These electors meet on the 19th December, and their votes are counted on 6th January (why wait?! :confused:)
In all bar two states, the electors vote are expected to vote "all in". Nebraska and Maine are the exceptions.
What this means is, looking at California as an example, if Trump wins the popular vote there, even if it is (on a two party system) 50.05% to 49.95%, then all 55 electors from California are expected to vote for Trump on December 19th.
Nebraska and Maine would split their votes evenly between the two.
Now here's the thing. It's not law that the electors have to vote as "expected"!
Trump may head into December the 19th looking to have a clear mandate from the people, but if the electors decide they don't want him, he could still lose the election! It has never happened, but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

Watch this space. History could still happen. Trump is not officially elected until the 6th January!

AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting that Trump could win the people's election, and still not be President.
I'm not just talking about winning the popular vote, either.
While in theory, the voters are "electing" their President, they are actually not doing that at all!
What they are doing, is telling their "electors" who they should vote for in December, when the President is actually elected.
Here's how it works.
There are 538 electors across the states. California has the most with 55, Wyoming the least with 3.
These electors vote in December, and to become President, someone needs to get 270+ of these votes. If no one gets 270, then the House Of Representatives elects the President. (John Quincy Adams is the only President to be elected this way, since elections were held in this format.)
These electors meet on the 19th December, and their votes are counted on 6th January (why wait?! :confused:)
In all bar two states, the electors vote are expected to vote "all in". Nebraska and Maine are the exceptions.
What this means is, looking at California as an example, if Trump wins the popular vote there, even if it is (on a two party system) 50.05% to 49.95%, then all 55 electors from California are expected to vote for Trump on December 19th.
Nebraska and Maine would split their votes evenly between the two.
Now here's the thing. It's not law that the electors have to vote as "expected"!
Trump may head into December the 19th looking to have a clear mandate from the people, but if the electors decide they don't want him, he could still lose the election! It has never happened, but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

Watch this space. History could still happen. Trump is not officially elected until the 6th January!
The college electoral system seems so outdated and impractical. Not sure what it's purpose is in today's America.
Here's to hoping that history is made and that Trump doesn't become the President. Surely a joke that has gone too far.

AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think the result was about Donald Trump. People will hate Trump personally but still vote for him because he has given them a chance to express their anger. The polls have been wrong on the Australian Election, Brexit and the US election. The pollsters, spindoctors and the mainstream media generally live in inner city bubbles and pat each other on the back about who good they all are and how wonderful life is! Meanwhile we buy orange juice from Brazil and knock down orange trees in our own country.

AFL Club
Carlton
Do not understand their stupid protests.
It is your own political system.
He won it by the voting. Accept it and get on with it that it is the will of your nation for him to be your president.
Maybe those people should immigrate if they do not want to accept it.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Just saw footage of a man squaring up with a kangaroo, then giving it a right hook!

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just saw footage of a man squaring up with a kangaroo, then giving it a right hook!

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it!
Came up on my fb feed yesterday. Was surprised when the right hook landed. I was expecting the roo to then grab him in a headlock and detesticlise him with his feet.