Discussion Super Tipping Competition

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Is this comp finished? lol

This is the latest leaderboard that i can find and the prizemoney was for 1st and 2nd it looks like. Sammy?

TIPS LEADERBOARD

1. ZagBag - 465
2. Mr Murdoch - 440
6. Slammer - 325
6. The Misfit - 325
8. The Experiment - 270
9. sammy96 - 245

Just a friendly reminder that payment of $20 is due before the 27th of Jan (the earlier the better). Now that we have 9 confirmed instead of 10, the prize money has had to be revised. The pool is now $180 and money will now be distributed as:

1st: $130
2nd: $50

1. sammy96 (paid)
2. Lenny5
3. IDIG (paid)
4. Mr Murdoch
5. ZagBag (paid)
6. The Experiment (paid)
7. Goodie's Guns
8. The Misfit (paid)
9. Slammer (paid)

sammy96

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is this comp finished? lol

This is the latest leaderboard that i can find and the prizemoney was for 1st and 2nd it looks like. Sammy?
Hey mate, yes the comp has now finished after Australia took out the Rugby League World Cup.

I'm in the middle of collating results and will bring out the final results by tonight

MrMurdoch

300 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
The other day I was thinking a comp like this might prove pretty popular here if it was AFL only and ran across the season.

Could have stuff like

- Premiers
- Brownlow
- Coleman
- Rising Star
- Wooden spoon
- 1 team to make top 4
- 1 team to be bottom 4
- A few match results on games that look like 50/50s at the start of the season
- A few supercoach related ones (highest averaging for each position?)

Just a thought

sammy96

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Hawthorn
FINAL STANDINGS
1. Mr Murdoch - 580
2. IDIG - 550
6. Lenny5 - 355
7. sammy96 - 350
8. Slammer - 345
9. The Experiment - 325

Congratulations to Mr Murdoch and IDIG who take home $150 and $50 respectively!

Thanks a lot for everyone who participated in the Super Tipping Comp. Hopefully you had a bit of fun and maybe took an interest in some sports/events you didn't even know existed.

I agree with Mr Murdoch's post above, a strictly AFL comp would probably work better on a site such as this. I think at the end of the SC year everyone (myself included) needed a mental break and this comp sort of went on the back burner towards the end.

It's the first time I've run anything like this before though so I thank you for your support and I've learnt a lot on how I would do it differently next time. I think a Google docs setup where you guys could go on and change your tips would be ideal, that way you wouldn't need to post on the thread or e-mail me changes.

Any feedback you have for me please let me know!
Cheers, Sammy.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cheers for running the competition Sammy. Was quite fun and was a pretty tight finish between the top 4.

Congrats Mr Murdoch!

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
FINAL STANDINGS
1. Mr Murdoch - 580
2. IDIG - 550
6. Lenny5 - 355
7. sammy96 - 350
8. Slammer - 345
9. The Experiment - 325

Thanks a lot for everyone who participated in the Super Tipping Comp. Hopefully you had a bit of fun and maybe took an interest in some sports/events you didn't even know existed.

I agree with Mr Murdoch's post above, a strictly AFL comp would probably work better on a site such as this. I think at the end of the SC year everyone (myself included) needed a mental break and this comp sort of went on the back burner towards the end.

It's the first time I've run anything like this before though so I thank you for your support and I've learnt a lot on how I would do it differently next time. I think a Google docs setup where you guys could go on and change your tips would be ideal, that way you wouldn't need to post on the thread or e-mail me changes.

Cheers, Sammy.
Thanks for running the comp Sammy. Wasn’t a type I’ve entered before and while I think in essence it was a good idea, there probably needs a bit of tweak for it to be more involved.

Also, the prizes are only $130 and $50 as there ended up only being 9 of us after someone dropped out.

Congrats MrMurdoch, shoot us a PM with your bank details and I’ll send over your winnings right away.

MrMurdoch

300 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
FINAL STANDINGS
1. Mr Murdoch - 580
2. IDIG - 550
6. Lenny5 - 355
7. sammy96 - 350
8. Slammer - 345
9. The Experiment - 325

Cheers, Sammy.
Huge thanks for running the comp Sammy