Competitions SuperCoach Racing 2019 - Rnd 4 Early Tables Up

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
It seems to be an unusual week this week. Plenty of "cheap" horses expected to score well.
Interesting that SuperCoach are calling Sydney Race 8 a Gp2 race. It certainly deserves that ranking, but hasn't been given that ranking by racing authorities. It's a whole new race, and not replacing a previous event on the calender. It won't be long until it is given Gp status, but technically now, SC should be treating it as LR/H'cap.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
This week's Jockey table: (Syd red, Melb blue)

SCS19RR3Jo1.png

A lot of the Sydney top jockeys are coming to Melbourne. This makes the talent pool in Melbourne very large for this Round, and pretty skinny in Sydney. For that reason, I think you should pick a Sydney Jockey this week. The 3 Sydney Jockeys in the table each have 2 strong rides, and McEvoy also has 2 strong rides in Melbourne. Bowman has 2.5 strong rides, but only 5 rides in all. Any other jockey, and you're hoping for luck!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
This weeks top 10 scorers only costs $2,525,000. This is much lower than last week, where it was clearly over $3,000,000. We can afford to have 8 or 9 of the expected top scorers this week, which might not happen again, in this comp!
The top 10 scorers, + Rawiller as a Jockey is projected to score 294 this week.
Last weeks top scorers getting over 320 (14 teams managed that last week) won't happen too often. Some of those teams picked 6 winners, with also having 2 Gp1 2nds in their 10 picks! That really won't be the norm!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll admit I haven't entered every single horse's SC price into my spreadsheet this week, so it is possible one or two value picks have slipped under my radar.

stephen

400 Games Club
AFL Club
St Kilda
Coming to the point where those of us in the back part of the peleton have to choose where (and if) to try to pick up ground by diverging from some obvious picks. Hard to justify skipping most of them though. Skipping the Caulfield Guineas is tempting. Danceteria in the Caulfield Stakes looks an option.

Professor

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Carlton
SuperCoach Racing: Nathan Exelby offers his tips for Week Three

Racing editor Nathan Exelby had a tough last round in SuperCoach Racing, but is confident of bouncing back with key three-year-old races in Week Three. See his stable and read his best tips here.

Nathan Exelby, The Courier-Mail

October 11, 2019 1:33pm

HERALDSUN.COM.AU1:20

The Banker 10 October 19

The Banker with Ray Thomas, Matt Jones, and Tony Thomas.

PREVIEW: SuperCoach Racing Week Three tipsWEEK THREE: SuperCoach races to target

There wasn’t a whole lot to crow about in Week 2, with a net result of falling 1500 places in SuperCoach table!

A sweep of the Flight Stakes and the Epsom winner has boosted our stable budget a touch further to $2,175,000 for Week 3, where it’s all about the three-year-olds (meaning we come in under budget).

You would assume 99.9 per cent of players will include Shadow Hero ($125,000) this week, the $1.70 favourite for the Group 1 Spring Champion Stakes. He’s also a logical selection as captain.

Stream over 50 sports Live & On-Demand with KAYO SPORTS on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Just $25/month, no lock-in contract. Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming instantly >

Queenslander Alligator Blood will feature in Nathan Exelby’s Week Three SuperCoach stable. Vince Caligiuri

The one danger looks to be Castelvecchio ($250,000), getting out to 2000m for the first time. His best would frighten the life out of the favourite. But is he going well enough? That’s the query, but at $250,000 he goes in as well.

Heading to Caulfield and the value again looks to be with the three-year-olds.

We will start with the Thousand Guineas, where Flit ($150,000) is a must inclusion after being desperately unlucky in the Prelude. She was super behind Libertini first up and looks primed for the mile assignment now, with Hugh Bowman to ride.

Another Godolphin runner, but this one from Anthony Freedman’s stable, is Lyre ($225,000), who looks ready to see out a good 1600m now.

It’s hard to go past Flit in the Thousand Guineas. Picture: Michael Klein

My big value selection this week is Emeralds ($50,000). She’s been quite acceptable in both runs this prep, with her form around Funstar looking particularly strong now. She seems generously priced in the market and at her SuperCoach asking price, I’m happy to have her in the team.

Then it’s on to the Caulfield Guineas, which looks a more wide open affair. I’m a proud, rusted on Queenslander and therefore must include our two runnersAlligator Blood ($175,000) and Eric The Eel ($100,000). Alligator measured up nicely to the southerners in the Prelude, which gives me confidence to think Eric won’t be out of place either. His first up run at Doomben was a ripper.

HERALDSUN.COM.AU22:24

Off N Racing 10 October 19

Racing editor Ray Thomas, and the Off n Racing team Tony Thomas, and Matt Jones, go through the weekend races.

The other Guineas runner I have included is Kubrick ($150,000). NSW horses have a super record in this race and even though below his best in the Golden Rose, I think he can bounce back in an easier race here.

That leaves two spots and enough in the budget to include Avilius ($500,000). He could get rolled by an international, but he looks a cert to race well and secure valuable points.

In the Toorak, I’m going for Fierce Impact ($275,000). The Kolding formline will take him a long way in this race if he gets any luck from the draw.

Josh Parr has a terrific book of rides at Randwick, so he’s my jockey pick for the week.

Originally published as Exelby’s guide to Week Three of SuperCoach Racing

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve just realised Avilius is maxed out in price, so points is the only gain. So off to see if I can find another horse in another race and use cash to improve my stable. Decision then to run with Homesman and be annoyed if Avilius wins or just skip the Caulfield Stakes all together and hope for a long shot to get up. As @stephen said, probably time to try and start diverging to have any hope of catching up.

stephen

400 Games Club
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’ve just realised Avilius is maxed out in price, so points is the only gain. So off to see if I can find another horse in another race and use cash to improve my stable. Decision then to run with Homesman and be annoyed if Avilius wins or just skip the Caulfield Stakes all together and hope for a long shot to get up. As @stephen said, probably time to try and start diverging to have any hope of catching up.
I was going to do the same but danceteria is scratched which makes Avilius homesman a very obvious quinella and I'm too afraid of them to ignore. I like princess Jenni in the toorak as a less popular option