Competitions SuperCoach Racing Autumn 2019

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’ve just realised Avilius is maxed out in price, so points is the only gain. So off to see if I can find another horse in another race and use cash to improve my stable. Decision then to run with Homesman and be annoyed if Avilius wins or just skip the Caulfield Stakes all together and hope for a long shot to get up. As @stephen said, probably time to try and start diverging to have any hope of catching up.
Unless the race is run at a dawdle, which seems unlikely, it's hard to see Avilius not running at least top 3, or even top 2 at worst.
Dollars are good, but points come first. There won't be many weeks we can afford the $500,000 horses, so when we can, and they're short price in a Gp1, I think it's too much of a negative POD to leave them out. If they run top 2, that's 32 or 40 points, and that's hard to make up, when it's looking like a "cheap" week, to put your team together.

AFL Club
Carlton
Decided to not go with Avilius. Only one of two stables in our league without him, and half of us have have the C on him. I think this is going to end badly :unsure:
Avilius should win, I'm assuming plenty of speed in the race with Black Heart Bart, the Japanese horses usually go hammer and tong and the international visitor being the bottom weight is unknown but could be on the speed set's the race up for Avilius, Homesman and look for a cheeky run from Humidor who's getting fitter with each run.

AFL Club
Carlton
Caulfield track is suited to a couple of front runners who can dictate then kick in the home straight. If there's a bit of pressure on early, then swoopers will win. Can't control what the jocks are doing, will have to wait and see.

AFL Club
Carlton
What a run by Missile Mantra, widest barrier, out to last and misses by a bob of the head to go down by a nose. Great ride for the winner though, was perfectly positioned midfield.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Running 4 points ahead of my projected 294.
Shadow Hero is the key if I am to get my projected score or not. Need it to be top 2 to have any hope of hitting it.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Forked out $800,000 last round for Mystic Journey (C) and Mr Quickie to combine for 32 points and now $950,000 this round for Avilius (C) and Homesman combining for 48 points.

AFL Club
Carlton
Forked out $800,000 last round for Mystic Journey (C) and Mr Quickie to combine for 32 points and now $950,000 this round for Avilius (C) and Homesman combining for 48 points.
that's stiff, big fields and expensive horses = big risk, sometimes it's better to target the smaller group 1 fields with your captain.

Edit - same issue with me.

AFL Club
Carlton
Looking for an improved run from Yourdeel, not sure what happened last start, but has an impeccable record. Note, not in my SC Stable

Edit - maybe not lol

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sitting on 286, with just a couple of Rawiller rides to come.
Hopefully he can add 3 or 4 to that.
There will be some scores over 300 again this week, with SuperSeth in 9% of teams.
Still, I'm hoping I might get up 30 or 40 spots in the rankings this week.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Crikey my "must use the predictors tips" have cost me some points!
It cost me around 30 last week, and another 14 this week.
I'd be going ok with those extra 44 points!

I'm sure it will even out, and I'll have some better weeks than my own tips, if I stick to my guns.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
273 - the injury to race favourite Steel Prince in the starting barrier the difference between a low score and a reasonable score. Glass half full - at least I should have added $150k to my stable value.