Competitions BBL|09 Doubles Competition (Fixture in OP) - Completed

AFL Club
GWS Giants
As I mentioned in SC BBL|09 SuperCoach Discussion - Opened (Fixture, BYE/DGR table, etc in Useful Info thread), I will be creating and administering a BBL Supercoach doubles competition where Supercoach Scores members will be paired with another member thus forming a team to then compete against other teams throughout the course of the season.

Our official Supercoach BBL sides will be used, meaning there is no need to create another side and no additional work needs to be done once you have entered into the group, as after each round I will capture the results to be then displayed in this thread and combine your score with that of your teammate to determine the results per round and then compiling a ladder after the completion of each round, tracking your duos results throughout the season.

As an example
A doubles team could involve Player A being assigned with Player O in comparison to another duo involving Player C and Player G.
Player A's score at the end of the round will be combined with that of Player O.
Eg Player A scored 501 and Player O scored 588
501+588= 1089

Player C's score at the end of the round will be combined with that of Player G.
Player C scored 566 and Player G scored 525
566+525= 1091

The team of Player C and Player G defeated the team of Player A and Player O thus receiving 4 points (2 if a draw occurs) and their score for and against along with their percentage will be listed via the use of a ladder. This process will be repeated for all other participants per round.

The number of participants will determine the fixture and whether teams play each either once or twice, byes occur, divisions are created and when the final/finals begin. Also I greatly appreciate any suggestions on the best way to randomly allocate teams and to generate a fixture.

Group: SCS SC BBL Doubles
Group code: 976670
https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/bbl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=976670

Once you join the group could you please list in this thread/or reply to initial post, your team name so I can identify which team belongs to who.

If you are interested, could you please join ideally by the 18th to 25th of November thus allowing sufficient time to determine who will be paired with who, a fixture to be generated, etc.
Bigbadbash(me) is unlucky 13

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I've made some minor edits to the OP and changed the thread's title for clarity.

We have 15 confirmed interests thus far so this doubles competition looks like a goer...well done @Connoisseur (y)

1. Connoisseur (Competition Administrator)
2. Herbie66
3. Tails
4. THCLT
5. Creeker
6. Diabolical
7. Darkie
8. Goodie's Guns
9. Rowsus
10. Bomber18
11. Ben's Beasts
12. Tex
13. Tamuhawk
14. Jaca
15. Young Guns
16. 7/11
17. All is Wells
18. Johno69
19. Foxy's Fe-Lions
20. Ironhawk
21. mike89
22. Presto
To register your interest, simply...
  • Post your interest in this thread, including your SCBBL Team Name.
  • Go to the SCBBL website to join the specially created SCS SCBBL Doubles Competition GROUP using the code 976670 or click on the following link: https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/bbl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=976670
  • Registration will close on Monday 25th November 2019 to allow sufficient time for some admin work prior to the start of the competition.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I've made some minor edits to the OP and changed the thread's title for clarity.

We have 15 confirmed interests thus far so this doubles competition looks like a goer...well done @Connoisseur (y)

2. Herbie66
3. Tails
4. FLYING HORSES
5. Creeker
6. Diabolical
7. Darkie
8. Goodie's Guns
9. Rowsus
10. Bomber18
11. Ben's Beasts
12. Tex
13. Tamuhawk
14. Jaca's Attackers
15. Young Guns
Who are these FLYING HORSES and Jaca’s Attackers members? :p

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

2. Herbie66
3. Tails
4. THCLT
5. Creeker
6. Diabolical
7. Darkie
8. Goodie's Guns
9. Rowsus
10. Bomber18
11. Ben's Beasts
12. Tex
13. Tamuhawk
14. Jaca
15. Young Guns
To register your interest, simply...
  • Post your interest in this thread, including your SCBBL Team Name.
  • Go to the SCBBL website to join the specially created SCS SCBBL Doubles Competition GROUP using the code 976670 or click on the following link: https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/bbl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=976670
  • Registration will close on Monday 25th November 2019 to allow sufficient time for some admin work prior to the start of the competition.
Thanks @THCLT for all of the above. Looks like we are on track for 20 participants/10 duos.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I joined, you should be able to figure out my team name. Sounds like an interesting idea for a competition.

Never really followed BBL before, so I am not expecting to do very well - just letting whoever draws me in advance know. If there happens to be an odd number of teams I'm happy to be the one to sit out.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I joined, you should be able to figure out my team name. Sounds like an interesting idea for a competition.

Never really followed BBL before, so I am not expecting to do very well - just letting whoever draws me in advance know. If there happens to be an odd number of teams I'm happy to be the one to sit out.
Haha - I am also a newcomer to this and am therefore waiting to see if there’s an odd number of teams before joining, so you should be safe!

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

Haha - I am also a newcomer to this and am therefore waiting to see if there’s an odd number of teams before joining, so you should be safe!
I can see the team pairing to be wary of already ... the “Dangerous Newbies”.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for organising. Also keen to jump in if there’s room.
Both welcome to join and wouldn’t be concerned about uneven numbers as I’m sure somebody would be willing to join to rectify that potential situation.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With @Ironhawk, @Foxy's Fe-Lions and @mike89 joining we are now up to 20 confirmed entrants in the group with @Darkie potentially joining to increase to 21.

Also I’ve noticed a team has entered into the group without nominating in this thread and I’m unsure of who it belongs to.

Team name: Adam
Coach name: Adam

If this is your entry, please post in this thread ASAP (before the end of the week)
otherwise your team will be removed from the group.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
With @Ironhawk, @Foxy's Fe-Lions and @mike89 joining we are now up to 20 confirmed entrants in the group with @Darkie potentially joining to increase to 21.

Also I’ve noticed a team has entered into the group without nominating in this thread and I’m unsure of who it belongs to.

Team name: Adam
Coach name: Adam

If this is your entry, please post in this thread ASAP (before the end of the week)
otherwise your team will be removed from the group.
Thanks mate, I’m in!