Competitions BBL|09 Doubles Competition (Fixture in OP) - Completed

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As I mentioned in SC BBL|09 SuperCoach Discussion - Opened (Fixture, BYE/DGR table, etc in Useful Info thread), I will be creating and administering a BBL Supercoach doubles competition where Supercoach Scores members will be paired with another member thus forming a team to then compete against other teams throughout the course of the season.

Our official Supercoach BBL sides will be used, meaning there is no need to create another side and no additional work needs to be done once you have entered into the group, as after each round I will capture the results to be then displayed in this thread and combine your score with that of your teammate to determine the results per round and then compiling a ladder after the completion of each round, tracking your duos results throughout the season.

As an example
A doubles team could involve Player A being assigned with Player O in comparison to another duo involving Player C and Player G.
Player A's score at the end of the round will be combined with that of Player O.
Eg Player A scored 501 and Player O scored 588
501+588= 1089

Player C's score at the end of the round will be combined with that of Player G.
Player C scored 566 and Player G scored 525
566+525= 1091

The team of Player C and Player G defeated the team of Player A and Player O thus receiving 4 points (2 if a draw occurs) and their score for and against along with their percentage will be listed via the use of a ladder. This process will be repeated for all other participants per round.

The number of participants will determine the fixture and whether teams play each either once or twice, byes occur, divisions are created and when the final/finals begin. Also I greatly appreciate any suggestions on the best way to randomly allocate teams and to generate a fixture.

SuperCoachScores SCBBL|09 Doubles Competition (Group Code 976670)
https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/bbl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=976670

Once you join the group could you please list in this thread/or reply to initial post, your team name so I can identify which team belongs to who. If you are interested, could you please join ideally by the 18th to 25th of November thus allowing sufficient time to determine who will be paired with who, a fixture to be generated, etc.

ROUND BY ROUND FIXTURE

1574813577534.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not yet, but we would need an even number. If I was to nominate a maximum it might be around 28 to 32 participants equal to 14 to 16 duos.
That makes sense. I’m happy to be the swing player to help even up numbers if needed/sit out if not. I will give BBL a go this year, but it will be my first time, so I don’t know that I’ll be anyone’s first choice partner anyway!

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Herbie's All Stars have joined

looking forward to it
FLYING HORSES will join.
Joined ... think my team name is pretty obvious :)
Intriguing concept. Should be fun.
Team Creekers has joined.
Many thanks @Connoisseur .
Diabolical Point is in position! I’m getting old, have a dodgy shoulder, and don’t like running, so pair me with someone with a decent throwing arm!
Count me in. I must admit, I haven't even started looking at this yet!

Suswor's Swatters
Jibrangers has joined too!
Nice job @Connoisseur, sounds like fun so count me in.

Team name is Beasts CC.
Apache Cats in thanks.
Thanks to all and glad to hear several are intrigued as well as the positive reception to the proposed format. Currently at 12 participants.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tried to join but for some reason it says league not found when I entered the code. Tried the link but when I clicked the link it said my team was already in the league. Not sure how to fix this.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tried to join but for some reason it says league not found when I entered the code. Tried the link but when I clicked the link it said my team was already in the league. Not sure how to fix this.
The first error would likely be because the code was for a group instead of a league. Leaving and then entering again could fix the problem.