Competitions T20 Cricket World Cup Fantasy Sweep

AFL Club
North Melb.
The T20 Cricket World Cup is a couple of weeks away and it seems like the perfect opportunity to dust off the fantasy sweep concept.

The basic concept is that each participant is randomly drawn positions from each team in each game. The players that occupy those spots will then earn points based on their batting, bowling and fielding performances in that game. I will provide full details on brackets and scoring in due course.

The key feature is that it will not require participants to spend countless hours agonising over their selections. You just need to enter, pay and see how you go.

This would be the third time I have run a competition of this nature and each time it has been a bit of fun and also gives you are reason to become engaged in the event. Links to previous versions are as follows.

2019 ODI Cricket World Cup

19/20 BBL

There would be a nominal entry fee (probably $10) and 1st, 2nd and 3rd and last place prizes at least. I may get a little more creative on comp structures and prizes if numbers permit.

If you would like to play then please post in this thread.

• All players will score points for their performance with the bat, with the ball and in the field.
  • Batting Points
    • 1 point for each run
    • 1 strike rate bonus point for each run scored in excess of balls faced
      • ie 50 runs off 30 balls would score an extra 20 points
    • 10 points for a half century
    • 20 points for a century
      • To avoid doubt this means just 20 and not 10 for the half century and another 20 for the century
  • Bowling Points
    • 25 points for each wicket
    • 1 economy rate bonus point for each run conceded less than 10 runs per over (1.67 runs per ball)
      • ie 25 runs conceded off 4 overs would score an extra 15 points
    • 10 points for 3 wickets in an innings
    • 20 points for 5 wickets in an innings
      • To avoid doubt this means just 20 and not 10 for the 3fa and another 20 for the 5fa.
  • Fielding Points
    • 15 points for catches, stumpings, run outs
    • player nominated on scorecard will be awarded points
  • Points earned in abandoned and rain affected games will count as normal.

AFL Club
Carlton
The T20 Cricket World Cup is a couple of weeks away and it seems like the perfect opportunity to dust off the fantasy sweep concept.

The basic concept is that each participant is randomly drawn positions from each team in each game. The players that occupy those spots will then earn points based on their batting, bowling and fielding performances in that game. I will provide full details on brackets and scoring in due course.

The key feature is that it will not require participants to spend countless hours agonising over their selections. You just need to enter, pay and see how you go.

This would be the third time I have run a competition of this nature and each time it has been a bit of fun and also gives you are reason to become engaged in the event. Links to previous versions are as follows.

2019 ODI Cricket World Cup

19/20 BBL

There would be a nominal entry fee (probably $10) and 1st, 2nd and 3rd and last place prizes at least. I may get a little more creative on comp structures and prizes if numbers permit.

If you would like to play then please post in this thread.
Sounds great, automated. 😁 Count me in.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I enjoyed this last time, even if I was just donating, like most cash comps. Last time I couldn't even manage enough bad luck to be in contention for last or enough good luck to finish high enough to even qualify for the ladder comp. Getting something out of it this time would be nice...

Part of the comp though, count me in. :)

AFL Club
North Melb.
I enjoyed this last time, even if I was just donating, like most cash comps. Last time I couldn't even manage enough bad luck to be in contention for last or enough good luck to finish high enough to even qualify for the ladder comp. Getting something out of it this time would be nice...

Part of the comp though, count me in. :)
It’s because you follow Hawthorn. All your good luck for the last 60 years has gone there.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Bumping this to see if there is any more interest. Currently only a handful have responded which isn’t enough to proceed. The first game is next Sunday night.