Competitions The HAPPY Ending AFL Supercoach Finals Competition

AFL Club
Carlton
Now the home and away season has been run and won. What’s next??
Glad you asked.
Congrats to those of you that were able to salute in the supercoach GF and stand on the winners dias at the end of round 23.
But is that it? Can’t there be something more to keep our supercoach juices flowing during the final series?

Well, how about a Happy Ending?
Be a nice way to finish off the year, eh?
Even if you had the year from hell, want some redemption or had your best season to date you can still have a happy ending.

So, before you hire a slasher to mow that overgrown lawn or end up in hospital from the mild heart attack you may have when you finally got to look at the credit card statement and see what the missus had been up to during the footy season. You will have to put that on hold because if the herald sun won’t come to the party, I will. I give you The HAPPY Ending AFL Supercoach final series.

Changes:
Blank canvas. Start again. (Every Week)
•No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
• Can’t have the same captain each week. No vice captain.
•No Bench
Sounds easy right? Well, here are the rules.

Rules:
1. Maximum number of players from each team as set out in rule 8 below. (with 8 teams playing week 1 of the finals that is 2 players from each)

2. Players must be selected from the drop-down list

3. Captain selection. As there are 4 finals the captain must be selected from the 4 areas of the ground over the final series. So, from a mid, fwd, back and ruck over the 4 weeks of the finals. Not necessarily in that order. It is up to each individual in what week they selected the captain in each position but must be from a different position every week. As per the rules of the regular season your captain pick will double their score each week. To select the captain there must a be a “C” next to the players name in the yellow highlighted column.

4. Team Selection.
All teams must be entered into the spreadsheet via the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xEOWWJMEcM4dt_zVsQt9c5pQHMKsuABk7K3C1LYdysw/edit?usp=sharing

Teams must be complete before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals. Teams are locked in from this time with one exception (Rule 5).
There are 8 sheets as I wasn't sure how many teams we are going to get. Teams – Teams8.
If we need more, I will just create more but will see how we go.

How it works:

In row 1 add your team’s name (black box). This is the column next to or after the “team” column.
When the team sheet is full - move onto Team1 spreadsheet etc.

To add team:
I have put a team in as an example.

Simply start tying in your players name starting at row 2 as per rule 9 above.

i.e., if you want Jake Lloyd in your team start tying jake... and Jake Lloyd should appear in the drop list select him from the list.
repeat the process for the 4 defenders, 6 mids, 2 rucks and 4 forwards.

The built-in smarts:
1. Once a player is selected the team next to the player will change to the team they play for in Jake’s case - Sydney
2. The players from each team are added up below to ensure that only 2 players are selected from each team (week 1)
3. You can only select a player from the drop-down list in each position as per rule 2 above. An error will occur if you try and select a player who is not in that position.
4. If more than two players are selected from a team an error will appear in red stating "TOO MANY PLAYERS"

Captain selection:
The captain is selected by putting a "C" next to the player you want to be captain for the week. On the LHS next to the player’s name.
This will then add the supercoach points you score for that player to your total.

5. If a player is named in the team but is late withdrawal before the first bounce of their match (i.e., Duncan) the player can be replaced before the game with a player from the same team in the same position. This change must be made prior to the match with the name of the replacement player posted on this site along with your team name.

6. Supercoach points to be applied to each player selected as per the champion data supercoach point scoring system.

7. The highest combined total of points for the players selected in a team will be deemed the winning team for the week.

8. The highest total number of cumulative points from players selected weeks 1-4 in the AFL final series will be deemed the Supercoach Finals overall winner.

9. As the finals progress blank canvas every week. With players to be selected from participating teams as follows:

Week 1 of Finals: (From 8 Teams participating – Maximum of 2 players from each team):
•16 Players consisting of:
o4 Back
o6 Midfield
o2 Rucks
o4 Forwards

Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
•12 Players consisting of:
o3 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o3 Forwards

Week 3 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
o3 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o3 Forwards

Grand Final: (From 2 Teams participating – Maximum of 5 players from each team):
•10 Players consisting of:
o2 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o2 Forward

So why not have a go. It’s free and who knows you may just get the bragging rights over everyone else.
Good luck!
No cash on the line but happy for someone else to run and organise if they feel the urge.
Gone to my happy place. Be back in a few……

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
Now the home and away season has been run and won. What’s next??
Glad you asked.
Congrats to those of you that were able to salute in the supercoach GF and stand on the winners dias at the end of round 23.
But is that it? Can’t there be something more to keep our supercoach juices flowing during the final series?

Well, how about a Happy Ending?
Be a nice way to finish off the year, eh?
Even if you had the year from hell, want some redemption or had your best season to date you can still have a happy ending.

So, before you hire a slasher to mow that overgrown lawn or end up in hospital from the mild heart attack you may have when you finally got to look at the credit card statement and see what the missus had been up to during the footy season. You will have to put that on hold because if the herald sun won’t come to the party, I will. I give you The HAPPY Ending AFL Supercoach final series.

Changes:
Blank canvas. Start again. (Every Week)
•No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
• Can’t have the same captain each week. No vice captain.
•No Bench
Sounds easy right? Well, here are the rules.

Rules:
1. Maximum number of players from each team as set out in rule 8 below. (with 8 teams playing week 1 of the finals that is 2 players from each)

2. Players must be selected from the drop-down list

3. Captain selection. As there are 4 finals the captain must be selected from the 4 areas of the ground over the final series. So, from a mid, fwd, back and ruck over the 4 weeks of the finals. Not necessarily in that order. It is up to each individual in what week they selected the captain in each position but must be from a different position every week. As per the rules of the regular season your captain pick will double their score each week. To select the captain there must a be a “C” next to the players name in the yellow highlighted column.

4. Team Selection.
All teams must be entered into the spreadsheet via the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xEOWWJMEcM4dt_zVsQt9c5pQHMKsuABk7K3C1LYdysw/edit?usp=sharing

Teams must be complete before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals. Teams are locked in from this time with one exception (Rule 5).
There are 8 sheets as I wasn't sure how many teams we are going to get. Teams – Teams8.
If we need more, I will just create more but will see how we go.

How it works:

In row 1 add your team’s name (black box). This is the column next to or after the “team” column.
When the team sheet is full - move onto Team1 spreadsheet etc.

To add team:
I have put a team in as an example.

Simply start tying in your players name starting at row 2 as per rule 9 above.

i.e., if you want Jake Lloyd in your team start tying jake... and Jake Lloyd should appear in the drop list select him from the list.
repeat the process for the 4 defenders, 6 mids, 2 rucks and 4 forwards.

The built-in smarts:
1. Once a player is selected the team next to the player will change to the team they play for in Jake’s case - Sydney
2. The players from each team are added up below to ensure that only 2 players are selected from each team (week 1)
3. You can only select a player from the drop-down list in each position as per rule 2 above. An error will occur if you try and select a player who is not in that position.
4. If more than two players are selected from a team an error will appear in red stating "TOO MANY PLAYERS"

Captain selection:
The captain is selected by putting a "C" next to the player you want to be captain for the week. On the LHS next to the player’s name.
This will then add the supercoach points you score for that player to your total.

5. If a player is named in the team but is late withdrawal before the first bounce of their match (i.e., Duncan) the player can be replaced before the game with a player from the same team in the same position. This change must be made prior to the match with the name of the replacement player posted on this site along with your team name.

6. Supercoach points to be applied to each player selected as per the champion data supercoach point scoring system.

7. The highest combined total of points for the players selected in a team will be deemed the winning team for the week.

8. The highest total number of cumulative points from players selected weeks 1-4 in the AFL final series will be deemed the Supercoach Finals overall winner.

9. As the finals progress blank canvas every week. With players to be selected from participating teams as follows:

Week 1 of Finals: (From 8 Teams participating – Maximum of 2 players from each team):
•16 Players consisting of:
o4 Back
o6 Midfield
o2 Rucks
o4 Forwards

Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
o3 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o3 Forwards

Week 3 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
o3 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o3 Forwards

Grand Final: (From 2 Teams participating – Maximum of 5 players from each team):
•10 Players consisting of:
o2 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o2 Forward

So why not have a go. It’s free and who knows you may just get the bragging rights over everyone else.
Good luck!
No cash on the line but happy for someone else to run and organise if they feel the urge.
Gone to my happy place. Be back in a few……
Awesome Trig, great to see this here, you're gonna have your hands full with all the entries, this is really fun guys :)

AFL Club
St Kilda
Teams have been announced for tomorrow night a debutante no less. No lyin. Only one more day. Get your teams in still plenty of spots. Enjoy the HAPPY Ending. 👍
It'll still be fun Trigga despite the lack of interest from here. Thought there would be more jumping onboard as it is a lot of fun and feels like it extends your SC season by 4 weeks :) to me anyway.
Appreciate the effort you've gone to.

AFL Club
Collingwood
My Team is in.
I assume the players team on the right column will change automatically later?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was just happy to pick the top two scorers for the Lions (wasn't too difficult). I was way off on the Tigers though, lost quite a few points there. Didn't really consider captaining Neale, but probably should have with his record against Richmond.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I was lucky with my Nankervis pick, with McInerney getting injured early, but Bolton let me down. My other 2 players did well, Neale and McCluggage.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Terrible start from me having Bolton and Rich, you need a good start in this format and I've done the opposite, now begins the clawing my way back part :)

AFL Club
Collingwood
I've just realised I've got 3 Freo players and only 1 tiger.
Can I just scratch Darcy and cop a 0 for that spot or am I disqualified?

AFL Club
Carlton
After two games Top Kat's has taken the lead with big Maxy proudly wearing the captains armband.
Kat had the 4 highest scorers from last nights game.
1,236 after two games is pretty amazing. Considering the average score after 2 games is 1,000.
Great work.

1662171268055.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
How about that?
Be close to the most EPIC final series we have or will ever see. Talk about tight.
Have a look at these margins at 3 qtr time:
Lions v Tigers - 5 points
Dees V Swans - 12 points
Cats v Pies - 7 points
Docker v Dogs - 6 points

Talk about anyone's game.
This lead to a fantastic happy ending.
After round 1 Cadee's Crew is leading with a mammoth score of 2,096 with Big max sporting the arm band
With 16 players to be selected plus captain that is an average of 123 per player! That is insane
Infact the top 5 teams all scored over 2,000 for the round with the Neale, Clarry, Gawn combo proving popular.

1662334551281.png

AFL Club
St Kilda
How about that?
Be close to the most EPIC final series we have or will ever see. Talk about tight.
Have a look at these margins at 3 qtr time:
Lions v Tigers - 5 points
Dees V Swans - 12 points
Cats v Pies - 7 points
Docker v Dogs - 6 points

Talk about anyone's game.
This lead to a fantastic happy ending.
After round 1 Cadee's Crew is leading with a mammoth score of 2,096 with Big max sporting the arm band
With 16 players to be selected plus captain that is an average of 123 per player! That is insane
Infact the top 5 teams all scored over 2,000 for the round with the Neale, Clarry, Gawn combo proving popular.

View attachment 47905
Couldn't want for better than 4 close finals in the first week, the Dockers Dogs game was looking like a yawn fest in the first half. Fans at Optus went home pretty happy there :)