Discussion Things To Occupy Our Minds In The Break.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
What year was this photo taken?
(Last one from me tonight)

1971 Peter Hudson kicked into the man on the mark going for the goal kicking record. My brother and I, had a letter read out under the "Give Huddo that kick again" username on the Could have been champions radio show in the 80s.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
1971 Peter Hudson kicked into the man on the mark going for the goal kicking record. My brother and I, had a letter read out under the "Give Huddo that kick again" username on the Could have been champions radio show in the 80s.
I reckon Barry Lawtence was a good 5 metres over the mark when he somthered that kick.
There's no way he'd get away with that today, but like Harmesy belting the ball back into play from the 2nd row of seats at the MCG, it's part of footy folk lore now!

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
I reckon Barry Lawtence was a good 5 metres over the mark when he somthered that kick.
There's no way he'd get away with that today, but like Harmesy belting the ball back into play from the 2nd row of seats at the MCG, it's part of footy folk lore now!
Shows how nervous Huddo was to make it even an issue.

Thanks Bermi for all the recent questions. They were right up my alley, as you can clearly see. Apologies, if I spoiled this for you and anyone else. I think all the "Footy Marathons" leading up the next Grand Final have definitely left their mark. Those were the days (nights)!

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide