Analysis TOP 100 Ownership

AFL Club
Richmond
Hi Guys,

I am slowly progressing on this little pet project ...
Getting this result was finally less complicated than expected - Here is the % of ownership for the TOP 100 teams overall after round 7.

Some interesting results ...
(note that splitting by position is maybe not ideal as it "splits" the dpp players ... so the last column is the overall % )

I have a few ideas for the "what's next ? " but let me know what would be valuabale to look at ...
(TOP 500 ? , TOP 100 for the round ? , tracking ownership % in time ... etc )

1595341297424.png

@eno

AFL Club
Richmond
ok guys,

I did a quick and dirty one, I hope this would give you a an idea of what you are after :

I have DL team composition from the TOP 2500,
and you can filter down to the sample you want , and also look for the player you want.

you can play with the data and tailor it to your need here :
http://supercoach.luhuconsulting.com/blog/2020/08/16/supercoach-round-11-ownership/

I haven't made much checks except the composition of my own team,
I might look if it reconciles with Tails Top20 ownship.

Here is the top of the list , and the bottom of the list for the TOP 1000 :

1597546003285.png

1597546053246.png

AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks, I hope it will help the community...

I actually have a much bigger model, with a a few other things already there and some other ideas to develop.... but I just couldn't keep up with the rythm of the rounds ... between work and kids ...etc all these consistently trying to take my attention out of the important thing in life :LOL:

AFL Club
Richmond
I have done a quick update and upgrade of the file , hopefully it might help the ones amongst us who have a good go at the big prize ( @Mudflap & @lavenderbandit for ex)

http://supercoach.luhuconsulting.com/supercoach-top-2500-ownership/

you can still filter to narrow the sample and get the % of ownership for the teams in front of you only
you can now filter the team,
you have a few stats from the players, which you can also filter on .
(note there is a full screen option on the bottom right)

( I managed to repair my big model and then it broke again - I suspect I need a windows reset :eek: ... so I will keep alive this minimal version if it is useful ...)

1597812815333.png

AFL Club
Collingwood
Nicohig,
Great work.
Is there a way to quickly check by player position?
For example I'm holding Grundy and only 53 above me are doing the same (my rank 565).
If I decide to trade him I want to be able to check the % ownership of rucks in the teams above me.
Thanks,
CC

AFL Club
Richmond
Nicohig,
Great work.
Is there a way to quickly check by player position?
CC
This is the kind of thing I have on the other model - which I didn't get to reproduce yet on this one - I will try to do it tonight...

Nicohig,
For example I'm holding Grundy and only 53 above me are doing the same (my rank 565).
CC
Not sure what you mean, as to me it seems that out of the 570 teams that are ranked under 565, 550 have Grundy ?

1597815325312.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is the kind of thing I have on the other model - which I didn't get to reproduce yet on this one - I will try to do it tonight...

Not sure what you mean, as to me it seems that out of the 570 teams that are ranked under 565, 550 have Grundy ?

View attachment 20185
I assume he meant Gawn rather than Grundy, 10% ownership at the top end is higher than I would have thought but not out of the question if teams had round 12 cover.

AFL Club
Collingwood

View attachment 20185
Sorry, Gawn.

I should proofread before I post.

AFL Club
West Coast
wowsers just went through this data set, just wow! so much amazing intel on the sides around me. helps my trade planning no end, eg Lloyds ownership isnt the 100% as i thought, still high tho in 16 of the 21 sides above me.

Epically awesome stuff @nicohigh, if we were still giving reps you would get a million of them from me.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Great stuff Nico. Really appreciate what you have done and the fact that you've made it publicly available.

Would be great if you could click on a player and it filters out all the teams with that player. That might be as simple as setting up a two-way relationship between the table you are using for players and table you are using for teams in Pbi?

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Would be more than happy to contribute financially, and have a little bit of Pbi knowledge (although I'm also pretty new to it so might not be able to help much)

AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks guys - very happy it helps ... I am actually disappointed I can't really progress on the main model,
as it feels I have to rebuild from scratch.
the 100,000 ranking time 12 rounds are probably too big. Time for to start the training on SQL, Python etc ...

Now it will be a bit late for this season - but I will continue to work on it for next season ... I might give it a go for BBL as well.

@joshnicholas - yes ! I did the two way filtering just after the upload, it does work however it always feels a bit risky with the one to many relationships.

if anyone has other suggestions, I can always try to deliver :)

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Excellent stuff, nicohigh!
This sort of thing, where members go above and beyond, to help other members finish as high as possible, is what sets this site apart from the others.
If this was SuperCoach Got Talent, I would give you the golden buzzer!