Analysis TOP 100 Ownership

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
If we had a Member of the Year award, then @nicohigh has already got a mortgage on that.

Welcome and you've well and truly deserved your very own thread for the years ahead. I, along with many other coaches, are very excited to see what you have installed for us budding SC coaches.

Keep up your fantastic work, we're amazed and will continue to be so I'm sure.

AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting other possibility :
Picking the 20 players with the highest ownership amongst the top 2500, gives you an indication of your the "POD level" of each team.
("out of the 20 most popular players, I only have X of them") (so the lower the POD-er)

Here is the result for the TOP50 - Special mention to SuperBootas, ranked 32, who only owns 7 of the top20 players.
(also ruining my color scale)

View attachment 20206
What impresses me about the Superbootas team is that he produced a 2488 score last round and still has Aarts, Rankine, Pickett and King on the ground. But he has some trading to do before Rd 15 with 6 or 7 players having the bye. Wonder how much cash is in the kitty.

AFL Club
Richmond
Is the count button working? Just keeps saying 1. Or am I not understanding it?
The count is just a way to count how many lines are in the table.

In the example below, I have clicked on "injured",
so it shows me it has reduced the list of players to 147,
and for these 147 players, there are 2172teams with at least one of them ( you can ee there is no 1 when the 4th column is 0)

1598005409577.png

AFL Club
Richmond
ok so, my head is starting to hurt , and my computer is probably about to melt...

but I do have something that could become a live ranking ...
(by live - I mean when the scores are set in SC. But I have also started to look as well to a way to plug in the live score from FF or else)

I was almost there, but I am still missing a piece of the puzzle to be able to properly count the captain loop and the emergency,
so at the moment, it is just the score of players on field.

the teams composition are good as of before the Essendon Richmond game - and the score as of tonight.
(also - I have limited to TOP 100 teams, so I am missing all the teams that could come from behind ...)

1598108789189.png

I have checked @Mudflap - the only change is the captaincy, I think ...

1598108760490.png

I have tryed to post the tool online, but it doesn't seem to be able to handle the data : /

http://supercoach.luhuconsulting.com/supercoach-live-ranking-work-in-progress/

but if it gets to work -
when you click on a team, you should be able to see how the score is calculated...

over and out....:sleep:

AFL Club
Hawthorn
ok so, my head is starting to hurt , and my computer is probably about to melt...

but I do have something that could become a live ranking ...
(by live - I mean when the scores are set in SC. But I have also started to look as well to a way to plug in the live score from FF or else)

I was almost there, but I am still missing a piece of the puzzle to be able to properly count the captain loop and the emergency,
so at the moment, it is just the score of players on field.

the teams composition are good as of before the Essendon Richmond game - and the score as of tonight.
(also - I have limited to TOP 100 teams, so I am missing all the teams that could come from behind ...)

View attachment 20313

I have checked @Mudflap - the only change is the captaincy, I think ...

View attachment 20312

I have tryed to post the tool online, but it doesn't seem to be able to handle the data : /

http://supercoach.luhuconsulting.com/supercoach-live-ranking-work-in-progress/

but if it gets to work -
when you click on a team, you should be able to see how the score is calculated...

over and out....:sleep:
This is extremely impressive stuff!

@The Underdogs up to 7th based on this, and slightly gaining on top spot. Going well if this holds up!

AFL Club
North Melb.
This is extremely impressive stuff!

@The Underdogs up to 7th based on this, and slightly gaining on top spot. Going well if this holds up!
My head hurts thinking about how you have even done this. Great stuff, very useful. On am making a call on using another trade today. This will certainly help me make that decision.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I also won’t even pretend to understand all of this haha. I need a big Sunday and hopefully the top ranked guys have an off day 🤪
Short version is that if all players score there projected scores for the rest of the round you will be 7th overall. Only exception would be if anyone around you makes a trade today.

Great tool. It tells me that I will drop a few spots this week. So now I have a decision to make. Do I trade today or hold my trades?

I can probably trade Goldy to get Drapers 122 and upgrade D Cameron to Greene or Darling (would need Cameron or Xerri to be dropped). Hard to work through all the scenarios but I think it will give me an additional 40 to 60 points for the round, a few $$ and an extra premium for round 15

I still have 8 trades left if I hold. A spare trade or two in rounds 16/17/18 might gain me a few hundred points when a premium is injured and others have no trades left and have to take a rookie score or a donut

Tough choice..... open to any thoughts on this from anyone

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Short version is that if all players score there projected scores for the rest of the round you will be 7th overall. Only exception would be if anyone around you makes a trade today.

Great tool. It tells me that I will drop a few spots this week. So now I have a decision to make. Do I trade today or hold my trades?

I can probably trade Goldy to get Drapers 122 and upgrade D Cameron to Greene or Darling (would need Cameron or Xerri to be dropped). Hard to work through all the scenarios but I think it will give me an additional 40 to 60 points for the round, a few $$ and an extra premium for round 15

I still have 8 trades left if I hold. A spare trade or two in rounds 16/17/18 might gain me a few hundred points when a premium is injured and others have no trades left and have to take a rookie score or a donut

Tough choice..... open to any thoughts on this from anyone
I think it might depend on (1) your objective, and (2) how much value you see in slingshotting players.

8 trades seems like quite a few given that I think you had to find a Sicily replacement but otherwise had only 1 upgrade to go prior to this round. Their value obviously decays over time as well, so it can be a fine balance.

If you’re trying to maximize your chances of getting into the top 10 or just maximising your total score/season ranking, then I probably wouldn’t trade Goldy.

If you want to maximize your chances of winning the whole thing, I’d say it’s well worth considering - you’re in a great spot, but c. 500 points is a big enough gap that I doubt you can just Bradbury it by having trades in hand (especially given they’ve given out so many!). Someone in the 30-odd people ahead of you will likely have trades in hand as well, or be lucky enough to dodge the carnage in the first place.

If you can see a better use of the trade by slingshotting, that could make a lot of sense as an alternative ... but I suspect your competition will be thinking hard about that too.

Given you have a bit of a lead to chase down and that you seem to be jumping the right way on most of your gut feel/POD calls, I’d be considering whether this is one that feels right to you, and if so, would err on pulling the trigger. If not, I’d plan out your preferred slingshot options, considering that PODs are probably incrementally valuable for you at this point.

Good luck.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I think it might depend on (1) your objective, and (2) how much value you see in slingshotting players.

8 trades seems like quite a few given that I think you had to find a Sicily replacement but otherwise had only 1 upgrade to go prior to this round. Their value obviously decays over time as well, so it can be a fine balance.

If you’re trying to maximize your chances of getting into the top 10 or just maximising your total score/season ranking, then I probably wouldn’t trade Goldy.

If you want to maximize your chances of winning the whole thing, I’d say it’s well worth considering - you’re in a great spot, but c. 500 points is a big enough gap that I doubt you can just Bradbury it by having trades in hand (especially given they’ve given out so many!). Someone in the 30-odd people ahead of you will likely have trades in hand as well, or be lucky enough to dodge the carnage in the first place.

If you can see a better use of the trade by slingshotting, that could make a lot of sense as an alternative ... but I suspect your competition will be thinking hard about that too.

Given you have a bit of a lead to chase down and that you seem to be jumping the right way on most of your gut feel/POD calls, I’d be considering whether this is one that feels right to you, and if so, would err on pulling the trigger. If not, I’d plan out your preferred slingshot options, considering that PODs are probably incrementally valuable for you at this point.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply.

May simply come down to if D Cameron and Xerri both play then I dont have a donut to get Drapers 22 and wont trade. Or if teams are not dropped early and I dont know