Analysis Top 5000 Player Ownership % - Round 12

AFL Club
Hawthorn
The tables over the next few posts will show the player ownership %'s for the teams that are currently in the top 5000, top 1000 and top 100. DPP players will appear in both of their respective tables, with the exception of midfield DPP's, they will only appear in their other position (i.e. FWD/MID will only appear in the forwards list).

There is a cut-off in that a player has to be in at least 1% of the top 5000 to be on the list, otherwise it gets too long and filled with very rare players. So if you're in the top 5000 and don't see a player on your team in the list, well you have a real POD on your hands.

Rd12-Def.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here are the captaincy options that the top 5000 players made. I've only included the more popular ones so super rare selections aren't on this list

Score used: % of teams who used this player as their double scoring player
Captain selected: % selected as captain
VC selected: % selected as VC
VC used: % who used this VC score by using a donut as their captain
VC not used: % who didn't use this score and played their captain
VC after capt: % who's VC either played after or at the same time as their captain and therefore couldn't loop

Rd12-Capt.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
The following graph show how many scoring players each team had in their team. However this is just the raw count of players and does not take into account if the players were actually able to be used in their best 18 players. For example, if a team had 8 scoring defenders, only the 6 onfield are used for calculating their weekly score. The graph below doesn't take that into account, and would include all 8 defenders in that example. But I've included it to give people a rough idea of how many players each team were able to field over the bye round.

Rd12-ByeCounts.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is my favourite thread for the week! Without a doubt! Great work and thanks a lot. Out of interest which crawler do you use?
I use Selenium which is a toolset used for automated testing of websites. I've used it to create a custom program that I wrote a few years back that I've been modifying whenever the SC site changes.