Analysis Top 5000 Player Ownership % - Round 4

AFL Club
Hawthorn
The tables over the next few posts will show the player ownership %'s for the teams that are currently in the top 5000, top 1000 and top 100. DPP players will appear in both of their respective tables, with the exception of midfield DPP's, they will only appear in their other position (i.e. FWD/MID will only appear in the forwards list).

There is a cut-off in that a player has to be in at least 1% of the top 5000 to be on the list, otherwise it gets too long and filled with very rare players. So if you're in the top 5000 and don't see a player on your team in the list, well you have a real POD on your hands.

Rd4-Def.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here are the captaincy options that the top 5000 players made. I've only included the more popular ones so super rare selections aren't on this list

Score used: % of teams who used this player as their double scoring player
Captain selected: % selected as captain
VC selected: % selected as VC
VC used: % who used this VC score by using a donut as their captain
VC not used: % who didn't use this score and played their captain
VC after capt: % who's VC either played after or at the same time as their captain and therefore couldn't loop

Rd4-Capt.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
These are the Rookie Roulette stats from last round for the top 5000 teams. Which rookies were on field, who had the E placed on them, and who just sat on the bench.

Owned: % of teams who have this player in their squad of 30
Score Used: % of teams who used this player's score in their 22 scoring players
Onfield: % selected on field
Emergency selected: % who had the E placed on them
Emergency used: % who used this E score by having a donut on field
Emergency not used: % who didn't use this E score and played someone else on field
On Bench: % who sat on the bench without being selected as an emergency

Rd4-Rookies.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Of the top 5000 teams from round 3, there were 3407 teams that stayed in the top 5000 into round 4.
Of those teams:
58% made 0 trades
23% made 1 trade
19% made 2 trades

Of those 3407 teams, these were the most traded players:

Rd4-Trades updated.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Geelong
Here are the captaincy options that the top 5000 players made. I've only included the more popular ones so super rare selections aren't on this list

Score used: % of teams who used this player as their double scoring player
Captain selected: % selected as captain
VC selected: % selected as VC
VC used: % who used this VC score by using a donut as their captain
VC not used: % who didn't use this score and played their captain
VC after capt: % who's VC either played after or at the same time as their captain and therefore couldn't loop

View attachment 8248
Does that mean 3.8% seen Grundy's VC score but chose not to either not use it or couldn't use it? Which by my math is 190 people from the top 5,000.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does that mean 3.8% seen Grundy's VC score but chose not to either not use it or couldn't use it? Which by my math is 190 people from the top 5,000.
That is the way it looks from the table. Similarly with Neale I wasn't able to take the 140 unless I locked in Atkins at M9 so I rolled the dice with Cripps. Loopholes will increase as the season goes on.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah it means that 3.8% of the top 5000 had Grundy as their VC but had another playing player as their captain. Which means that:
a) They thought their captain could outscore 160 (unlikely), or
b) They were unable to loop and put their VC on a player that would score well in case their captain was a late out, or
c) As couchPOTATO said, looping involved putting other players onfield and wasn't worth it, or
d) They are unaware that you can loophole your VC

AFL Club
Carlton
or e) They stuffed up by putting Gawn onfield on Thursday night and realised they couldn't bring their R3 donut on to put the C on them.
I stuffed this up Thursday night myself. I should have had Gawn as emergency as always planned Grundy to be my VC the next night and my R3 is a non-playing ruck. I made it tricky for myself as it then meant any rookies I had emergency loophole around I would need to take one of their scores even if none of them I would normally want.. As it turned out Jordan Clark and Constable did not have big scoring games. Similarly Drew up forward loopholed. In the end took both Drew and Constable and put the C on one of my loophole agents. But would have been easier from start use the C on non playing R3. Thannkfully did not really cost me anything but need to not make same mistake again.