Competitions Tour de France Fantasy 2024 - STAGE 12 - Thurs 11th July 8:35pm

AFL Club
Essendon
I can understand why the teams hate a stage like last night... but from a viewer's perspective, have to be the best stage so far.
'Edge of your seat' stuff. From go to whoa it was enthralling. Running up hill, to the attacks by the GC contenders, and then punctures. Who wouldn't enjoy that.

Poor Jonas having to deal with a bike, where the seat was 3mm higher than his seat; they made it sound like he would tear his hamstrings having to reach further for the pedals.

That's why the classics are often the best to watch.

AFL Club
Carlton
'Edge of your seat' stuff. From go to whoa it was enthralling. Running up hill, to the attacks by the GC contenders, and then punctures. Who wouldn't enjoy that.

Poor Jonas having to deal with a bike, where the seat was 3mm higher than his seat; they made it sound like he would tear his hamstrings having to reach further for the pedals.

That's why the classics are often the best to watch.
Obviously the teams who would prefer to meander for 150 kms and then have an orderly sprint finish!

AFL Club
Sydney
Jeez I don’t think I would’ve made many points with my captain last night whatever rider I fell on. Wouldn’t have picked Girmay to perform so well. Would think the way he’s riding he will have a mortgage on the green jersey now.

Think Philipsen has to go after next flat stage even with stages 12-13 being flat. Evenepoel will be the likely target with hopefully an upgrade of Martinez who has been the equivalent of Clayton Oliver for me so far.

Enjoy the rest day lads.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Time to throw a dart at a breakaway winner for stage 11.
I'm looking at you Neilson
Yeah, definitely seems like a breakaway stage to me too. I think someone who is interested in winning the final climbers jersey would be a good shot today, so maybe the person who has had their captain on Ciccone all Tour long may finally have it pay off (The overall KOM winner could easily still be on 0 with the amount of climbing points to come - good luck picking it). Going to be a lot wanting to get into the break today, but it won't be anyone going for GC / sprinters.

AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, definitely seems like a breakaway stage to me too. I think someone who is interested in winning the final climbers jersey would be a good shot today, so maybe the person who has had their captain on Ciccone all Tour long may finally have it pay off (The overall KOM winner could easily still be on 0 with the amount of climbing points to come - good luck picking it). Going to be a lot wanting to get into the break today, but it won't be anyone going for GC / sprinters.
Flat start does lend itself to a couple of sprinters getting in the break for the intermediate sprint and then dropping back. I imagine it's going to be tough to get in and it'll be a lottery trying to pick who gets in there! Ciccone is an interesting one... not sure he's lost enough time to be given free reign?

From an Aussie perspective maybe Matthews or Haig can get in.

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Haha I saw that. Would love to see their persistence and loyalty pay off.
From an odds perspective, some big odd riders surely have a chance.

Powless, fuglsang, bettiol. All massive odds.