Competitions Tour de France Fantasy 2024 - STAGE 12 - Thurs 11th July 8:35pm

AFL Club
Sydney
I think you're pretty safe with Girmay. With Pedersen out now the gap in the green Jersey is larger. Philipsen would have to win a few stages to really shake this up now.
I’ve kept Philipsen as a bit of security in case he makes a decent tilt at the green jersey. Once the next few flat stages are done (around rd13) he’ll likely turn into Evenepoel. Could happen earlier if I see an opportunity to move Martinez on.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Girmay seemed to move off his line today more than Philipsen did a few days ago, but I pretty much guarantee he won't get relegated though (I doubt De Lie will protest it, probably wouldn't succeed anyway). Starting to think not bringing Girmay in for Pedersen may have been a costly mistake. Should have thought about that trade a bit more.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Girmay seemed to move off his line today more than Philipsen did a few days ago, but I pretty much guarantee he won't get relegated though (I doubt De Lie will protest it, probably wouldn't succeed anyway). Starting to think not bringing Girmay in for Pedersen may have been a costly mistake. Should have thought about that trade a bit more.
I noticed that as well however he didn’t push the De Lie into the barrier who kind of got squeezed between the 2 in front. I suppose we will see in the morning.

I thought Phillipsen was stiff the other day. There is so much going on in those last few hundred metres I would have thought that part of the skill of the sprint is avoiding getting squeezed or pushed somewhere suboptimal. Penalties that severe should only be for something blatant or intentional In my view.

AFL Club
Essendon
I noticed that as well however he didn’t push the De Lie into the barrier who kind of got squeezed between the 2 in front. I suppose we will see in the morning.

I thought Phillipsen was stiff the other day. There is so much going on in those last few hundred metres I would have thought that part of the skill of the sprint is avoiding getting squeezed or pushed somewhere suboptimal. Penalties that severe should only be for something blatant or intentional In my view.
I believe the decision about relegation comes down to whether they put the other rider in danger.

I didn't see last night finish, but Philipsen definitely put WVA in danger, as he had to brake to ensure he didn't go into the barriers.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Used four transfers early on and wondering whether it is worthwhile trading Van Aert or not? Would likely be he and Oliveira for Girmay and Rodriguez Martin if I proceed.
IMG_3225.jpeg

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Used four transfers early on and wondering whether it is worthwhile trading Van Aert or not? Would likely be he and Oliveira for Girmay and Rodriguez Martin if I proceed.
View attachment 75366
Wout is not a bad pick for tonight with all the gravel sections if he is not tasked with protecting Vingegaard. A lot of riders will struggle with them, riders who do cyclo cross such as Wout will do better in general. He is also a previous winner of Strade Bianche on the same roads. I'm expecting a better day from him today, but trading tomorrow is probably going to be more beneficial, as he didn't get involved in the sprint yesterday. Up to you though, I could be wrong.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wout is not a bad pick for tonight with all the gravel sections if he is not tasked with protecting Vingegaard. A lot of riders will struggle with them, riders who do cyclo cross such as Wout will do better in general. He is also a previous winner of Strade Bianche on the same roads. I'm expecting a better day from him today, but trading tomorrow is probably going to be more beneficial, as he didn't get involved in the sprint yesterday. Up to you though, I could be wrong.
Thanks. No idea what I am doing in this format, so will hold for the time being.