Competitions Tour de France Fantasy - Tour begins - Fri, 1 July 2022

AFL Club
Melbourne
Been playing Velon all year so hopefully my knowledge will be a tad better :love:

Great work @fgoespinheiro!
Can see you copped Ewen like everyone else but then made the switch to Cav to pick up his two early wins for big points.
Also some very profitable trading in the last two days to keep the score rolling along.
Thank you gu
Just a friendly reminder that the Tour de France is starting in roughly two weeks. The tissot site we used the last two years isn’t updated yet, but it updated around the 19th of June last time so there’s still time.

I’ll reprise our league again so it makes it easier for everyone to join.
Great! Happy to join the legue again with you guys!

AFL Club
Melbourne
Just a friendly reminder that the Tour de France is starting in roughly two weeks. The tissot site we used the last two years isn’t updated yet, but it updated around the 19th of June last time so there’s still time.

Game open. Got an email.

AFL Club
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, I'm not great at the quiz either, my only advice is if you have no idea, to pick something quickly, so if you are right, it gets you more points. I managed 5/10 (guessed a few nationalities based on the name) and the most points, but I'm still not far ahead. I don't see anything in the rules that the quizzes give bonus credits this year which is a bit of a shame, it also seems you need to guess the time for each stage for bonus points? That seems even tougher.

AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, I'm not great at the quiz either, my only advice is if you have no idea, to pick something quickly, so if you are right, it gets you more points. I managed 5/10 (guessed a few nationalities based on the name) and the most points, but I'm still not far ahead. I don't see anything in the rules that the quizzes give bonus credits this year which is a bit of a shame, it also seems you need to guess the time for each stage for bonus points? That seems even tougher.
We start with 400 points at least, so it gives everyone 8 trades. Pretty sure no one used more than that last year. The time trial thing will probably only give us 1-2 extra trades max unless we get exceedingly lucky.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I have joined as Too Tired.

The rules look mainly the same to me including the ability to earn up to 2 extra trades via the quiz. The bonus points for guessing the stage finishing time is new and interesting.

From memory most of the quiz questions are pretty tough which only the biggest cycling nuffy would know off the top of their head. If you want to do well I would suggest getting together a list of all category winners for all years which you can refer to quickly. That is what I will be doing.

AFL Club
Melbourne
COVID has decimated this weeks cycling tours.
Hopefully it does not spoil TDF.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I had a shocker too, 3/10 like most. Going to miss having those extra trades this year.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Wowsers, got 9 out of 10! :eek:

And the one I got wrong I really should have known... 2021 stage 5 winner was Pogacar because it was the TT, not Cavendish who took the sprints either side :cry:

The questions are randomised right? Because I got a lot of very easy ones...
201X green jersey? May as well guess Sagan
Nationality of about 5 not-too-obscure cyclists (Cosnefroy, Cees Bol, Perez, Kreuziger were a few) - you can guess pretty closely if you don't know.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wowsers, got 9 out of 10! :eek:

And the one I got wrong I really should have known... 2021 stage 5 winner was Pogacar because it was the TT, not Cavendish who took the sprints either side :cry:

The questions are randomised right? Because I got a lot of very easy ones...
201X green jersey? May as well guess Sagan
Nationality of about 5 not-too-obscure cyclists (Cosnefroy, Cees Bol, Perez, Kreuziger were a few) - you can guess pretty closely if you don't know.
Lucky. I got a couple of "this person has won the tour how many times" and was one off each time which I could have got, but also a lot of white jersey / team winners / climb winners from the 2000's - early 10's, think I have guessed all of them wrong so far.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Thank you for the reminder. Joined the league earlier tonight and again looking forward to and depending on the insights and contributions from the many knowledgable coaches.

AFL Club
North Melb.
It would be nice to see some riders and their price. Understand squads aren’t final yet however generally they list all the possibles and then adjust as we get closer.

AFL Club
Hawthorn