Competitions Tour de France Fantasy

AFL Club
North Melb.
Not saying this just because Richie Porte was affected however I am not sure I agree with running a section of the Tour over a gravel road. Surely this increases the risk of a puncture for all and could actually determine the result of the Tour.

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not saying this just because Richie Porte was effected however I am not sure I agree with running a section of the Tour over a gravel road. Surely this increases the risk of a puncture for all and could actually determine the result of the Tour.
You're probably right. Looked cool though!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not saying this just because Richie Porte was effected however I am not sure I agree with running a section of the Tour over a gravel road. Surely this increases the risk of a puncture for all and could actually determine the result of the Tour.
I disagree. It's the same conditions for everyone, it rewards the better all around riders. It's reasonably common that they have gravel / cobble stone sections and it just adds to the challenge. It is worse when these sections get wet, but braver riders can definitely make up a lot of time on those sections.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I disagree. It's the same conditions for everyone, it rewards the better all around riders. It's reasonably common that they have gravel / cobble stone sections and it just adds to the challenge. It is worse when these sections get wet, but braver riders can definitely make up a lot of time on those sections.
You might be right but just note that I am talking specifically about gravel, not cobles or even dirt roads because with those I agree that it is a valid test of each riders skills, even if it is wet.

My point was in regard to gravel in that it just looked like a lottery getting through that section without a puncture (as demonstrated by Porte). You would be hard-pressed to convince me that any rider has the skill to avoid the sharp rocks.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Go Richie, 3rd overall is a great effort!

Pogacar looking a good chance of overtaking Roglic for the win too!

And it's over - Pogcar wins the tour - Will win overall, best young rider and KOM as well. Roglic second, Porte third.

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
Also amazing effort all tour from Richie, he's riden his own race and refused to red-line chasing down attacks: just kept his own pace and has reaped the rewards. Very mature performance!

The race directors must be happy as well. Nearly every position in the top 10 changed on the penultimate day, great for sport!

AFL Club
St Kilda
Thanks to @Beg2Differ and @stephen for the Porte recommendation several stages ago.

View attachment 21728

2 trades left and would greatly appreciate both of your thoughts on who to target for the final stage.
The bonuses make it complicated though as most of your team is in line for points to it's hard to work out who to drop. Here are the bonus points you're up for tonight if positions stay the same (I left Pogacar and Roglic's green jersey points off on assumption they drop out of their spots tonight):

Pogacar 500 (250 150 100)
Roglic 360 (225 110 25)
Porte 260 (200 60)
Sagan 135 (5 130)
Van Aert 145 (55 90)
Hirschi 115 (15 100)
Cosnefroy 80 (0 80)
Skujins 10 (10)

The most obvious necessary trade-in for you is Bennett, who will probably get 150 points bonus for green jersey, plus whatever he gets for his position on the stage. The other main thing is you need someone to score good captain's points tonight. Bennett is equal favourite to win the stage so given those two factors I'd say he's basically a must. The best way I can see to get him without sacrificing too many of your bonus points is Sagan and Skujins to Bennett and a 6 or 7 pointer. Maybe Arndt. Sagan is about a 20-1 shot to win the stage so it's not without some risk but he really hasn't been firing in the usual way so it's hard to see him outsprinting the real bunch finishers.