Competitions Tour de France Fantasy

AFL Club
North Melb.
Midnight lock-out tonight for the final stage. Don’t forget to change your captain at least.

Disappointing that they start the final stage finish so late now. Makes it impossible to watch in Aus.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Congrats to @Leroy on the win.

Mid table ranking for me, 2137 overall. It was fun, even if I could have done better.
Thanks @Ironhawk!

First time player and it's been a fun game, keeping the interest on stages when I'd usually not bother too much to follow along.
Figuring I didn't really have the knowledge/skill and would just waste trades trying to pick the mid-price to discount "breakout" high placing types (Hirschi, Skujins, Rolland etc.) I went for 5 premium riders and some cheapies with the plan of rotating them around horses-for-courses style.

Still made some awful moves: Kamna out just before his 1st and 2nd, so I could "upgrade" to Bernal :rolleyes: and Wout van Aert out just before his two wins, but overall it worked pretty well.

218th overall, will have a go again next year for sure.

AFL Club
Sydney
Despite the pirates poor performance it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the organisation and enthusiasm.

If you have the fantasy cycling bug then you need to checkout velogames.com . They were prevented by ASO from promoting a fantasy game using the Tour name a couple of years ago. They run a lot of games (all free) but the Giro and Vuelta are especially good and worth a thought.

PS it looks like they might have got round the injunction on the TdeF by using a novel name.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Congratulations @Leroy on your league win in the 2020 Tour de France Fantasy SCS League.

View attachment 21793
That is an outstanding graphic, thanks @Beg2Differ!
I had been wondering myself about a breakdown of where the points came from and this is superb.
Thank you for organising and running the league as well, it's been a pleasure!

AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah amazing effort with the stats keeping/display @Beg2Differ . Really added that extra polish to the competition.

I didn’t have all that great a comp, but I was happy to climb a handful of positions at the end with a couple of sound trades. Still ended up with 3 trades left funnily enough.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's obviously not the Tour, but for anyone wanting to watch more cycling, Viceland are currently showing the World Championships road race in Imola, Italy. It's a different style of racing to most races, riders ride for their country rather than their regular team. Just over 40 k's to go, Pogacar with a slight lead

Go Aussies! Matthews and Porte some chance of getting the win.

AFL Club
North Melb.
It's obviously not the Tour, but for anyone wanting to watch more cycling, Viceland are currently showing the World Championships road race in Imola, Italy. It's a different style of racing to most races, riders ride for their country rather than their regular team. Just over 40 k's to go, Pogacar with a slight lead

Go Aussies! Matthews and Porte some chance of getting the win.
You sure this is not the Tour? Feels very similar.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Matthews 7th not too bad.

Would have been good to see more of that from Alaphillipe when he was in my team during the Tour.