Competitions Tour de France Fantasy

AFL Club
Sydney
Thanks for all your sterling work @Beg2Differ - very much appreciated. Wish I'd seen it earlier.

Was a bit pre-occupied until about mid-way through the comp. Strategy wise it has been interesting; even more so now. Got three trades left and weighing up whether to try to pick stage 21 podium or take the 5*bonus points for the jersey winners. Think the latter has less glory but is eminently more preferable.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Made my final trade, I finished with 2 stars to spare, so I didn't plan that too well. Pity I can't transfer it to next year's budget.

Even though I didn't do great in this comp, I enjoyed the Tour as always, and this comp does add to the enjoyment, I find I pay a lot more attention to those riders outside of the big favourites to find possible stage winners. For those that enjoyed the cycling, there will be more next weekend with the road race at the Olympics and the time trial a few days later, or a similar race to the Tour next month at the Vuelta. SBS will also cover more races throughout the year, mostly one day races, Paris-Roubaix at the start of October is usually a good one to watch.

Anyway, good luck to Cavendish for tonight, hoping he can break the record for most stage wins, which would be a great end to the Tour. Thanks for the competition everyone and hope you all enjoyed it.