Competitions Tour de France Fantasy 2023 - STAGE 21 - 115.5 KM - FLAT - Sun 23rd 11.59pm AEST

AFL Club
Essendon
Who are we all putting the Captains armband on tonight fellas?
I'm going Lou Lou. Incredibly hard stage to predict - the slight hillyness to start makes it v unpredictable as it will be aggresive, much like yesterday. I like WVA too tho (no shi*).

Also Yates - was quiet yesterday.

EDIT: Ignore the Yates bit..... I now know why he was quiet.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
So Nibali is confirmed to leave, need a replacement for him in the mountains. Have no cash left, and still don't have Cav.

I think I'll go to a climber like for the next few stages, then switch someone like Carapaz to Cav after the mountains.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Had my first rider that I have had to replace due to a DNF, really not sure who to replace Bouhanni with. Still 3 more mountain stages, 2 for the sprinters plus a TT. 1 point short of Matthews, who looks like he will get 2nd in the green jersey, might have to look for someone who is a decent climber instead, and might win a stage from a break to max out my points from here. At least I have an extra day to think about it with the rest day.

AFL Club
Sydney
Ok gents, thoughts, want a 12 point trade in.

Magnus Cort as a shot today
Vs
Cattaneo, as a shot over three next few.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok gents, thoughts, want a 12 point trade in.

Magnus Cort as a shot today
Vs
Cattaneo, as a shot over three next few.
Tough one. I'm not sure that Cattaneo will be given a lot of latitude now, seeing as he is 11th overall. He might be allowed to gain a couple of mins max but that's unlikely. I think he'll probably score more points overall from here on through consistency, but Cort is probably a better chance of a big stage score.

I decided on Poels for my Bouhanni replacement. Currently leading the KOM and likely to keep pushing for a strong result there. One trade left, hoping to save it for another sprinter in the final stage, but things rarely go as planned.

AFL Club
West Coast
Competition for KOM is much more interesting than the GC this year. Too many playing safe. Once upon a time in the mountains the GC riders would go head to head to try and break each other. Seem to be all holding hands at the moment and singing Kumbaya. Or am I missing something?

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Competition for KOM is much more interesting than the GC this year. Too many playing safe. Once upon a time in the mountains the GC riders would go head to head to try and break each other. Seem to be all holding hands at the moment and singing Kumbaya. Or am I missing something?
And looking at our captain choices, we fantasy players could be accused of something similar!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
And looking at our captain choices, we fantasy players could be accused of something similar!
I forgot to check my captain before the stage started. Remembered once the stage had already started and figured Pog would do. I wouldn't be shocked if he is not my highest placed finisher on this stage.

Edit: Or not. Vingegaard was the other on my team I considered, they finish 1-2.

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
And as soon as I make that comment Bazinga! and the big guns come out to play.