Discussion Re-Signings, Retirements, Delistings, Trade & Drafting

AFL Club
Carlton
He said 800k and I nearly spilt my drink but see where he is coming from

IMO the days of 500k+ forwards might be over ...
Far out, unless that's what they need to pay to get him to move..Clubs now using 100% of cap. Any cap issues, they trade you while in contract.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Far out, unless that's what they need to pay to get him to move..Clubs now using 100% of cap. Any cap issues, they trade you while in contract.
Mmm ... interesting to think about .... NBA do it all the time and might be the model we are heading towards with the introduction of mid season drafts ... next on the agenda could be mid season free agent player movements ...

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Mmm ... interesting to think about .... NBA do it all the time and might be the model we are heading towards with the introduction of mid season drafts ... next on the agenda could be mid season free agent player movements ...
Good point, sounds like a trial run using rookies, then they'll have it down pat for the big dollar players.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
GEE (Scott) coach didn't appear to like the mid season draft as he thought it could be exploited for the wrong reasons

- If covering injuries and the incoming players actually play he was all for it ...
- If stock piling a future potential draftee then he was against it ...

I must admit I tend to agree with him ...

AFL Club
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS Giants
Pre-season draft

Pick 1 - Josh Deluca to Carlton - midfielder/small forward - https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2014-11-27/meet-josh-deluca-pick-68

Pick 2 - Mitchell Riordan to Gold Coast

Pick 3 - Kyle Dunkley to Melbourne

Pick 4 - Michael Knoll to Sydney (Ruckman 205cm 26 years old)

Pick 5 - Lachie Hosie to NM (Forward 189cm 22 year old)

Pick 6 - Ryan Gardner to Western Bulldogs (Forward 197cm 21 years old)

Pick 7 - Will Snelling to Essendon (average 30 disposals & 7 tackles a game SANFL, possible replacement Devon Smith. Elite pressure player) could play sooner rather than later

Pick 8 - Jack Mayo to St Kilda (Subiaco, tall forward 192cm 19 years old)

Pick 9 - Cam Sutcliffe to Port Adelaide (Ex Fremantle Wing/defence) http://www.fanfooty.com.au/player/cameron-sutcliffe

Pick 10 - Hawks pass

Pick 11 - Dylan O'reilly (forward 193cm 18 years old)

Pick 12 - Adelaide Pass

Pick 13 - Marlion Pickett to Richmond (broken finger on injury list for 8-10 weeks - midfielder 184cm 27 year old) strange selection being age/injury

Pick 14 - John Noble to Collingwood (180cm 22 years old)

Pick 15 - Gold Coast Pass

Pick 16 - Codie Hurst to Sydney (178cm 19 years old)

Pick 17 - WBD Pass

Pick 18 - Essendon Pass

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pre-season draft

Pick 1 - Josh Deluca to Carlton - midfielder/small forward - https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2014-11-27/meet-josh-deluca-pick-68

Pick 2 - Mitchell Riordan to Gold Coast

Pick 3 - Kyle Dunkley to Melbourne

Pick 4 - Michael Knoll to Sydney (Ruckman 205cm 26 years old)

Pick 5 - Lachie Hosie to NM (Forward 189cm 22 year old)

Pick 6 - Ryan Gardner to Western Bulldogs (Forward 197cm 21 years old)

Pick 7 - Will Snelling to Essendon (average 30 disposals & 7 tackles a game SANFL, possible replacement Devon Smith. Elite pressure player) could play sooner rather than later

Pick 8 - Jack Mayo to St Kilda (Subiaco, tall forward 192cm 19 years old)

Pick 9 - Cam Sutcliffe to Port Adelaide (Ex Fremantle Wing/defence) http://www.fanfooty.com.au/player/cameron-sutcliffe

Pick 10 - Hawks pass

Pick 11 - Dylan O'reilly (forward 193cm 18 years old)

Pick 12 - Adelaide Pass

Pick 13 - Marlion Pickett to Richmond (broken finger on injury list for 8-10 weeks - midfielder 184cm 27 year old) strange selection being age/injury

Pick 14 -

Pick 15 -

Pick 16 -
Snelling played for us but always appeared one of those good reserves not good enough seniors type players. Essendon need inside mids very very badly though so anything can’t hurt.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Snelling played for us but always appeared one of those good reserves not good enough seniors type players. Essendon need inside mids very very badly though so anything can’t hurt.
I was told Bombers were after Knoll. Looks like Sydney stole their thunder. I'm guessing it was Knoll and Snelling, hence with Knoll gone why they passed on the 2nd pock.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wonder when the 13 new rookies will be added to SC and whether they will all be $102,400 :unsure:

With the exception of Sutcliffe, you would think they will all be basement price.
I have a feeling they might be a bit higher, not sure why. When do we find out what price they are/can we select them this week if we wanted to? (None will get named this week anyway)

I think Dunkley is a great pick going forward but Knoll will actually get games this year. Deluca maybe later on too.