Discussion Re-Signings, Retirements, Delistings, Trade & Drafting

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Sad to hear for Cyril, the hawks and footy fans alike. Sounds like the hawks find a fair bit of cap space so another dominant period looms :eek:

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hawks to get Sloane, Lynch and McGovern..?
easily can get 2

won't have Vickery's salary to worry about , now Cyril's , depends on what happens with Silk , their is probably another 2 or 3 on the periphy that could finish eg Birchall , Puopolo , Whitecross , O'Rourke

AFL Club
Collingwood
Would just like to thank Cyril for all his skills , tricks and amazing feats and sheer brilliance shown in his career , so sad to be no longer able to watch him play,
Seen his very first game with my hawthorn supporter mate and thought he was something special .....and he was just that.

All the best to him and his family , also he can no longer beat up the pies now......lol

AFL Club
Collingwood
This is great. $4m over 5 is what they’re saying. Obviously could’ve gotten more at other clubs so it’s nice for him and the crows to get the deal done.

thought he was going for sure

maybe the recent foot injury scared the Hawks and Saints off , or they were only going to offer 3 years.

Wonder who the Hawks have their sights on now aside from Lynch , Gaff possibly ?

AFL Club
West Coast
thought he was going for sure

maybe the recent foot injury scared the Hawks and Saints off , or they were only going to offer 3 years.

Wonder who the Hawks have their sights on now aside from Lynch , Gaff possibly ?
No doubt the Hawks are into all the big names, And they will likely land one... Most like Lynch I reckon.

The whispers I'm hearing are that Gaff has either signed and is just waiting for it to be signed off by the league or is very close to re-signing.

Not to confident on McGovern though. It seems he is prioritizing money.

AFL Club
Collingwood
No doubt the Hawks are into all the big names, And they will likely land one... Most like Lynch I reckon.

The whispers I'm hearing are that Gaff has either signed and is just waiting for it to be signed off by the league or is very close to re-signing.

Not to confident on McGovern though. It seems he is prioritizing money.
Cheers mate

Sloane staying was a surprise.

Hawks will be cashed up and ready to grab 1 or 2.

Great news if Gaff stays , if McG wants the money get rid of him , be interesting as rumours are his brother wants out as well so maybe 1 club will lure them both.

Love all the remours and whispers around trade time.

AFL Club
Sydney
Lot of money for a 33 year old on a long contract. Good luck to him, wonderful goal scorer.

AFL Club
Collingwood
May is severely overrated hope we don't go for him. If Pies pick up Lynch this year and has a soft draw for next year would people consider him in their sides?

May is severely overrated hope we don't go for him. If Pies pick up Lynch this year and has a soft draw for next year would people consider him in their sides?
I wouldn’t consider..

From a real footy sense I wouldn’t throw big money at any key forward. The game is now about mids/half forwards and intercept/rebound defenders with a big guy to compete.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Lynch gone?

Suns Coach Stuart Dew says "It's not looking great. I think history suggests that if you don't know at round 18, and he's our captain, it's not looking great, but that's the reality of AFL footy,"

"We're certainly planning for both (scenarios)." Dew said.

Lynch has been linked with Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn.