Discussion TV/Series Discussion (Non Spoiler)

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hope my Fetch app worked and it's recording now.
I would not worry as you are bound to catch a rerun soon enough. :LOL:

Unfortunate that ABC2 do not air Never Mind The Buzzcocks episodes anymore, as I thoroughly enjoyed catching the end of the series which featured Phil Jupitus and Noel Fielding as team captains. The series started in the late 90’s and shares many similarities and was a likely a key inspiration for the various formats/rounds in Spicks and Specks.

Hopefully the upcoming UK return will be aired in Aus.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For those who like this, seasons 10 and 11 are both on the official YouTube channel ad-free. It's a great show.
Thanks @wogitalia . Was unaware they were up to Season 11 and Lee Mack will be a terrific contestant. Same can be said for Johnny Vegas (Season 10) and have been meaning to catch Season 10 on Binge (Foxtel streaming service) for a while.

Hopefully Henning Wehn, Milton Jones, Vic Reeves, Paul Foot and Sarah Millican feature in Season 12 and beyond as I think they all would be great fits for the show.

AFL Club
Sydney
Thanks @wogitalia . Was unaware they were up to Season 11 and Lee Mack will be a terrific contestant. Same can be said for Johnny Vegas (Season 10) and have been meaning to catch Season 10 on Binge (Foxtel streaming service) for a while.

Hopefully Henning Wehn, Milton Jones, Paul Foot and Sarah Millican feature in Season 12 and beyond as I think they all would be great fits for the show.
11 is only 5 episodes in, Lee is great so is Mike and Jamali. Charlotte is also entertaining in a dear in headlights kind of way.

Season 10 was really solid also, I'm actually working my way backwards through it and really enjoying it.

I'd also highly recommend Would I Lie to You (based on Lee Mack love I'm sure you've seen it) for more British variety greatness. Probably my favourite comedy on TV, the David Mitchell vs Bob Mortimer episodes are my personal favourites.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
11 is only 5 episodes in, Lee is great so is Mike and Jamali. Charlotte is also entertaining in a dear in headlights kind of way.

Season 10 was really solid also, I'm actually working my way backwards through it and really enjoying it.

I'd also highly recommend Would I Lie to You (based on Lee Mack love I'm sure you've seen it) for more British variety greatness. Probably my favourite comedy on TV, the David Mitchell vs Bob Mortimer episodes are my personal favourites.
You will be glad to hear that Bob Mortimer features in Season 5 of Taskmaster.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Another great British variety show is 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown which is on every weeknight on SBS Viceland (Channel 31) at 7:30 with Jimmy Carr as host and Sean Lock and Jon Richardson as team captains. Bob Mortimer is a guest on tonight's episode.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

I've watched all 11 (10.5) seasons of Taskmaster and the chemistry between Lee and Mike in the group challenges is probably the best I've seen.

If you can find the episodes, I'd recommend starting with season 1 and working up through the seasons. The show has really built it's way along. Season 1 was great as something new, but I'm not sure how it would go if you'd watched every other season first.

AFL Club
Sydney
I've watched all 11 (10.5) seasons of Taskmaster and the chemistry between Lee and Mike in the group challenges is probably the best I've seen.

If you can find the episodes, I'd recommend starting with season 1 and working up through the seasons. The show has really built it's way along. Season 1 was great as something new, but I'm not sure how it would go if you'd watched every other season first.
Safe to say I've found it and will be doing just that :)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's almost inevitable (though it hasn't happened in the 6 years it's been on in the UK) that an Australian series of Taskmaster will be attempted. Would be very difficult for me to watch as I just cant see anybody here doing as good a job as Greg and Alex at hosting it.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's almost inevitable (though it hasn't happened in the 6 years it's been on in the UK) that an Australian series of Taskmaster will be attempted. Would be very difficult for me to watch as I just cant see anybody here doing as good a job as Greg and Alex at hosting it.
Someone has to give the US a run for their money. :ROFLMAO:

With our track record of killing game/variety shows, we will likely dish up a half arsed attempt without understanding the crux of the format with a poor time slot on Seven/Nine/Ten targeting the wrong demographic and featuring unfunny comics from their network such as your Lehmo/Hughesy types.

Lee Lin Chin would make a fantastic host with Alex hopefully appearing in his usual role.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Someone has to give the US a run for their money. :ROFLMAO:

With our track record of killing game/variety shows, we will likely dish up a half arsed attempt without understanding the crux of the format with a poor time slot on Seven/Nine/Ten targeting the wrong demographic and featuring unfunny comics from their network such as your Lehmo/Hughesy types.

Lee Lin Chin would make a fantastic host with Alex hopefully appearing in his usual role.
She would make a terrific host. Maybe Tom Gleeson or Paul McDermott would work too.

I'm not sure how they get the casting so right so often on the UK version. At most, I've usually only heard of one or two of the contestants in each season. Yet I probably find the contestants I haven't heard of previously the funniest of all. In season 11, that's Mike.

AFL Club
Sydney

Going from 10 and 11 to 1 I can say it holds up just fine, if not better. The tasks are a lot simpler so far, the kind of tasks they remove senses for in later seasons are just plain tasks now but it's really about seeing the impossibly stupid and sometimes brilliant ways that the guys come up with to do things that makes the show and the cast for season one is very strong. Done 3 episodes tonight :)

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
She would make a terrific host. Maybe Tom Gleeson or Paul McDermott would work too.

I'm not sure how they get the casting so right so often on the UK version. At most, I've usually only heard of one or two of the contestants in each season. Yet I probably find the contestants I haven't heard of previously the funniest of all. In season 11, that's Mike.
Such is the quality of UK comics that they could comfortably reach 20 seasons with next to no change in quality. Up to personal preference but I believe the best cast they have assembled currently belongs to those in Season 4 but my Noel Fielding bias has a large influence.