Discussion TV/Series Discussion (Non Spoiler)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is the chase australia still going ?
Could not stand that presenter (so smug} lol.
Been watching our one for nearly 13 years now.
It is, they'll have a new host soon as Andrew O'Keefe is facing domestic violence charges. Larry Emdur will be the new host, who has been hosting various game shows and morning shows here for years.

I do prefer the chasers on the Aussie version but I don't think anyone liked AOK, no idea why he kept getting hosting roles. If I'm home I'll watch the UK version, but it's on at 3PM, so I rarely see it.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is the chase australia still going ?
Could not stand that presenter (so smug} lol.
Been watching our one for nearly 13 years now.
UK version far better largely due to Bradley Walsh‘s presenting abilities in comparison to Andrew O’Keefe. Various bloopers and on screen gaffes from Bradley are a must see on You Tube.

Pointless is my favourite quiz show but unfortunately it seems they have stopped airing on the ABC and best not to speak of the failed Australian attempt.

AFL Club
Melbourne
UK version far better largely due to Bradley Walsh‘s presenting abilities in comparison to Andrew O’Keefe. Various bloopers and on screen gaffes from Bradley are a must see on You Tube.

Pointless is my favourite quiz show but unfortunately it seems they have stopped airing on the ABC and best not to speak of the failed Australian attempt.
Have you seen Richard Osman's House of Games ?
Celebrities {lot of comedians on it}

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Such is the quality of UK comics that they could comfortably reach 20 seasons with next to no change in quality. Up to personal preference but I believe the best cast they have assembled currently belongs to those in Season 4 but my Noel Fielding bias has a large influence.
Outside of season 1, my favourite cast is season 7. James Acaster is very creative (pretty sure he won best show at the MICF soon after appearing on Taskmaster) and Rhod Gilbert just drove Greg and everybody else nuts coming up with new ways to challenge the rules of each task.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yeap. Sometimes I think they put funny answers in the multiple choice questions just to see if they can get Bradley to crack, and it works.

Pointless is a great show but it's a bit like the Supercoach V Fantasy scoring debate in terms of simplicity. To be good at Pointless you need to know multiple answers to a question and not just one. I suspect the UK has a stronger 'quizzing' culture than Australia. I couldn't see an Oz version of Eggheads either, but the UK just seems full of pub quiz teams that can go on shows like that and be competitive.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well it's fair to say what we had seen of Mike in the first 5 episodes of Taskmaster season 11 was nothing compared to episode 6...

AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeap. Sometimes I think they put funny answers in the multiple choice questions just to see if they can get Bradley to crack, and it works.

Pointless is a great show but it's a bit like the Supercoach V Fantasy scoring debate in terms of simplicity. To be good at Pointless you need to know multiple answers to a question and not just one. I suspect the UK has a stronger 'quizzing' culture than Australia. I couldn't see an Oz version of Eggheads either, but the UK just seems full of pub quiz teams that can go on shows like that and be competitive.
We get quite a lot of quiz shows in the UK.
Some last and some don't.
My other favourites are Tenable and Impossible.
Beat the Chasers is a good spin off show to The Chase too.
One big no no for me is Alan Carr re-vamping old 1980's gameshows {totally ruins it
by trying to crack corny jokes throughout}

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watch occasionally 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown a UK quiz /comedy show, Don’t think we can get the UK Countdown quiz show which is without the comedy, There used to be a Australian version of Coundown on the ABC but it got canned. Australian version was called Letters and Numbers

AFL Club
Collingwood
Season 4 of The Handmaids Tale commences tonight on SBS. Incredibly good show.
For anyone that hasn't seen it the first season is tough to get into but once you get about halfway through it is very much worth it.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Unsung hero of the series is famous recluse John Swartzwelder credited with writing 58 episodes between Season 1-15 and at one stage by fans/media was thought to be a pseudonym/fictions person.

View attachment 13387

Trivia for IMDB regarding John Swartzwelder (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0841990/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_trv_sm#trivia)

Famous for being reclusive, he has steadfastly refused to participate in any commentary for the Simpsons DVDs.

Used to write all his scripts in a coffee shop. When smoking was banned in that coffee shop he bought the booth where he used to sit in and moved the whole thing to his home.

He used to be a fixture in the writer's room of The Simpsons (1989), but ceased coming in when smoking was banned in the writer's room and thereafter submitted his scripts by driving up and handing them in from his car window.

His animated likeness, though not his voice, has been featured in over nine episodes of The Simpsons (1989). Pedestrian viewers often mistakenly think that the likeness is meant to be David Crosby.
Recent article from the New Yorker featuring the reclusive writer-

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Season 11 of Taskmaster is now complete. It's difficult to compare seasons but reading forums online it appears to have gone straight into most fans top 3 seasons. It's probably my favourite. I've started watching Man Down because I'm not ready to say goodbye to Mike Wozniak.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
@wogitalia and @Wolffy84
Taskmaster Series 12 lineup revealed
A great little video. Was listening to Alex on the Taskmaster podcast and he mentioned that if that video was received well they will try to make a few more in future, around the narrative of Greg and Alex's relationship.

Alan Davies and Victoria Coren Mitchell will be the two most known from that list. But cant wait for September to see how good the lesser known comedians are. The show is a very good platform for the younger comedians to shine.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A great little video. Was listening to Alex on the Taskmaster podcast and he mentioned that if that video was received well they will try to make a few more in future, around the narrative of Greg and Alex's relationship.

Alan Davies and Victoria Coren Mitchell will be the two most known from that list. But cant wait for September to see how good the lesser known comedians are. The show is a very good platform for the younger comedians to shine.
In for a treat with Victoria on the panel and the battles with Greg will be must see television. Hopefully her husband isn’t too far away from making an appearance. Predicting that Shepparton’s own, Morgana Robinson will be a very popular member of Season 12.

Finished watching Season 8, 9 and 10 recently. Great performances by the panel show regulars in David Baddiel, Johnny Vegas and Jo Brand, especially Jo Brand’s serenade from the episode Bready, Bready, Bready which unfortunately is proving difficult to find online. Enjoyed both Rose and Mawaan from their respective seasons of the younger talent I had not seen before. As for Season 8, it is unfortunate that the competitiveness of both Iain and Lou soured an otherwise solid cast.

Hopefully I get my wish of either Paul Foot or Henning Wehn appearing in Season 13.

AFL Club
Melbourne
In for a treat with Victoria on the panel and the battles with Greg will be must see television. Hopefully her husband isn’t too far away from making an appearance. Predicting that Shepparton’s own, Morgana Robinson will be a very popular member of Season 12.

Finished watching Season 8, 9 and 10 recently. Great performances by the panel show regulars in David Baddiel, Johnny Vegas and Jo Brand, especially Jo Brand’s serenade from the episode Bready, Bready, Bready which unfortunately is proving difficult to find online. Enjoyed both Rose and Mawaan from their respective seasons of the younger talent I had not seen before. As for Season 8, it is unfortunate that the competitiveness of both Iain and Lou soured an otherwise solid cast.

Hopefully I get my wish of either Paul Foot or Henning Wehn appearing in Season 13.
Is this what you mean ?
View: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8187p3

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Been watching Mare of Easttown, excellent series, one episode to got to find out who the murderer is

AFL Club
Hawthorn

A lot of people wanted to see Victoria and David in the same season but they prefer to have seasons where contestants don't have close relationships with each other