TV/Series Discussion - Spoiler Central (Warning: lots of Australian Survivor spoilers, avoid if you are not up to date)

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Spoiler Central for all current/new television and/or series.

Have away with discussion on TV show episodes and series. Stay away if you want to catch up or binge later.

Last edited:

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
seriously what the hell were they doing voting her off ? she should have had a free pass to the finals

geez
Agreed, the last two votes have been bizarre. I cannot believe the three girls passed up the opportunity to just grab ET and Blacky and vote out Dave (or Luke) two nights ago.
that would have been the play :) they have all gone gah gah over Dave's charm. when he will just stab them in the back 1 x 1

I was thinking more how they voted out some eye candy last night

the plots are intriguing though, would not trust anyone at all, surely they need to be smart enough to play "the game" to get to the final 3
Big Shauny Hampson is going to get the last laugh on David. How good.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
BIG SPOILER ALERT (STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE NOT UP TO DATE WITH SURVIVOR)

Although it was wrong to vote out ET, I think they had to follow up with the vote because David was controlling the game and he would definitely have had ears all over the camp and would have probably known if they were going to blindside him and would have played it and then the champions tribe would have been even more broken which they couldn't afford at the time. (Just my point of view)

I loved that Daisy flipped on Sammy. (Daisy's my favourite atm) Her survivor credentials went up but now she's gonna be a target but that's survivor, being able to adapt to changes and making big moves like that (which shows strategic play even if it makes you a threat)

What I hated about that episode was when David and Luke went up to most of them, none of them wanted a bar of anything from them and were too stubborn to even give them a glimmer of hope. In the game of Survivor, they should always be willing to hear people out or at least lie to them lol. Because you never know when you suddenly go from the top to the bottom and then end up having to need David/Luke as a number. Need to be willing to be flexible and yeah hear people out. Sammy basically deserved to leave after saying a straight no to David.

I only feel bad for Sammy, because she may have been the first ever survivor player to never have a confessional and then gets booted on the 7th episode. Even like a clip of her saying "go team" etc would have been good in any of the prior episodes. I think Simon, Casey and even Hannah finally got a confessional for the first time last night lol.

David will get what's coming to him, should be voted out soon. Playing too arrogantly, I just believe they need to wait for the right time. And yep David's fake idol play is about to bite him in the butt, Shaun to make his big move soon! Although Luke needs David to go far to act as his shield or Luke may go out straight after David!

Andy being caught last night by Sarah was hilarious, for a survivor superfan, he's not going so well atm in his social game lol.

Harry the ice cream villain is a bit of a wildcard. A very good liar unlike Andy lol. Hope he gets further in the game.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree with most of that. The Sammy boot makes sense for those who flipped - why be near the bottom of a group of 7 out of 8 in a tribe when you can be part of a group of 5 in control. It was the right time for people to make a move which often doesn't happen. Good play.

David and the fake idol should be good. Him having a real idol will be interesting - they need to blindside him rather than confront him.

Andy does suck at the social game. He may last a while though, I think he still has a role to play in the overall season based on the amount of screen time he is getting.

Right now, I see Janine winning, but go Luke! I should point out that I never seem to read the edit well, but have called who gets eliminated in all but 1 episode so far. I doubt that continues.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have a feeling we're about to have the first non-elimination episode for this season. Person voted out goes to the Champions tribe perhaps. All guess work of course.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not my favourite of episodes. Terrible twist IMO.

Harry the wildcard finally shows his true colours to everyone which was good entertainment but majorly set a target on his back now for naught though due to the non-elimination.

Matt still trying to be top dog... is getting pretty sad now lol.

It does set up for the David Vs Shaun battle which should be interesting to see. Shaun may lose the battle due to the double idols of Luke/David.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not my favourite of episodes. Terrible twist IMO.

Harry the wildcard finally shows his true colours to everyone which was good entertainment but majorly set a target on his back now for naught though due to the non-elimination.

Matt still trying to be top dog... is getting pretty sad now lol.

It does set up for the David Vs Shaun battle which should be interesting to see. Shaun may lose the battle due to the double idols of Luke/David.
I think Harry’s plan might still work, if all 5 go for him and he can corral the other 3 and then play his idol? I suppose if that works it’s still 3-4 afterwards though, rather than even at 4-4.

David vs Shaun should be very interesting, David seems very unhappy with the whole situation. Presumably Daisy needs to pick her side sooner rather than later if they are both set on getting each other out, as appears to be the case!

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Harry’s plan might still work, if all 5 go for him and he can corral the other 3 and then play his idol? I suppose if that works it’s still 3-4 afterwards though, rather than even at 4-4.

David vs Shaun should be very interesting, David seems very unhappy with the whole situation. Presumably Daisy needs to pick her side sooner rather than later if they are both set on getting each other out, as appears to be the case!
Yeah you're right. I'm just getting a bit ahead of myself. What I meant was that I don't think Harry will last long if he makes the merge. Hope I'm wrong, as I'd like to see him cause more chaos. I liked that he called Janine out, because that trio of female champs is getting dangerous if no one breaks it up. Props to Harry for trying tonight. Just rmb that Janine also has her idol which I believe should work for her now that she is considered a "contender" so both could negate each other and then it just gets tricky from there.

Daisy will probably follow Shaun which could spell the end of her as she'll lose her meat shield if Luke/David both play their idols. But if she sticks with David, she could go a bit further.

SMH at Andy thinking he is tight with David... But that probably highlights David's gameplay and he could pull in Andy for a number.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That episode ended up being a bit of a waste in the end. All it really did was weaken Harry's chances further on the Contenders and set up a potential David v Shaun battle if the Champions ever go back to tribal pre-merge.

I still quite liked it.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That episode ended up being a bit of a waste in the end. All it really did was weaken Harry's chances further on the Contenders and set up a potential David v Shaun battle if the Champions ever go back to tribal pre-merge.

I still quite liked it.
It certainly did weaken his chances lol. But he also brought Janine down with him in the process lol. Was basically a suicide mission gone wrong, as no one went home.

AFL Club
West Coast
The other thing it also did with Shaun leaving the Tribe is it evened up the numbers between the old Champions and old Contenders in that tribe... next elimination will be interesting, Harry's idol could still get used as he had planned...

The thing that had me a bit confused was how he thought people would vote for him if he created a stir at the Tribal Council, its not as if they all get to rethink their votes at the council... at least next time they vote they will have had a chance to agree that he's the one being voted for...

AFL Club
Collingwood
The other thing it also did with Shaun leaving the Tribe is it evened up the numbers between the old Champions and old Contenders in that tribe... next elimination will be interesting, Harry's idol could still get used as he had planned...

The thing that had me a bit confused was how he thought people would vote for him if he created a stir at the Tribal Council, its not as if they all get to rethink their votes at the council... at least next time they vote they will have had a chance to agree that he's the one being voted for...
leaves it as 5 old champions v 3 old contenders now

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I think he purely thought pissing people off would make them vote him out... but he and Casey overthought it too much and tried too hard and made it difficult for themselves after their joint plan for Casey to tell the girls about it backfired making it harder to predict who to play the idol for. Should just have made it a suprise idol play and save himself.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I think he purely thought pissing people off would make them vote him out... but he and Casey overthought it too much and tried too hard and made it difficult for themselves after their joint plan for Casey to tell the girls about it backfired making it harder to predict who to play the idol for. Should just have made it a suprise idol play and save himself.
Exactly , get the 5 former champions all to vote for him , play his idol , he is safe.

Then the 4 ex contenders vote Janine off , then try and get Simon or Ross to crossover.

But that would be too simple for TV , they need twists & turns & intrigue (like last night) to keep the viewers interested.

But now the David v Shaun drama will drag on and see who Daisy prefers ?

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Get the popcorn ready!

The Showdown!
Shaun Vs David

It all hinges on whether or not David and Luke both play their idols or David gets blindsided and brings home a souvenir. Looking like the latter from the edit so far.