TV/Series Discussion - Spoiler Central (Warning: lots of Australian Survivor spoilers, avoid if you are not up to date)

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Janine and Simon won reward, they took Pia and Daisy on a spa reward. I really like that reward challenge (they have had it once before as individuals rather than pairs - works better in pairs) where you need to take out a specific numbered peg.

Not a fan of the exile concept. Would have been interesting to see if voting was different if it was a traditional elimination vote.

Good to see a bit more of Simon for once, shame it was all him gunning for Luke though.
Thanks mate. Looks like two decent challenge performances in a row from Janine, she might need to be careful.

I tend to agree re exile. Years ago I seem to recall that putting someone there meant they were actually safe for a period of time (eliminations continued without them?) in which case I think it’s more of a double edged sword and more interesting). I guess if Daisy is up against a champion for some reason and she beats them, it does even things up a bit. Essentially it can give the underdog side an extra number, assuming the leading side also goes to exile and loses the challenge.

AFL Club
West Coast
Blacky just doesn't seem to realise he's really just Janine and Pia's little sidekick... till last night I had hope that he and Luke might have worked with the Contenders to break up the power couple but it appears he only strengthens their chances...

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not a fan of the exile concept. Would have been interesting to see if voting was different if it was a traditional elimination vote.
I reckon we may have seen Luke vote with the contenders had it not been a vote to send to exile.

As soon as it was announced that the next two votes would be to send to exile there was no way Luke could vote against the Champs as he would've been heading to exile next if he wasn't to win individual immunity.

Would have to think Harry will be sent to exile tonight to then duel it out with Daisy.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From the promos it says "The Big Betrayal". Suggesting that Abbey takes out Janine. Definitely a great move by Abbey if it happens.

Would love to see Daisy Vs Janine and Daisy taking the win.

AFL Club
West Coast
From the promos it says "The Big Betrayal". Suggesting that Abbey takes out Janine. Definitely a great move by Abbey if it happens.

Would love to see Daisy Vs Janine and Daisy taking the win.
Problem with that is if Janine wins the challenge against Daisy and returns with her idol... i don't think they should go Janine, element of surprise will be lost completely

AFL Club
Collingwood
Problem with that is if Janine wins the challenge against Daisy and returns with her idol... i don't think they should go Janine, element of surprise will be lost completely
Janine has already played her idol.

Haven't seen a episode yet that has lived up to the over hyped promos, it's all a bit ho hum and predictable, needed a 3rd alliance a few weeks ago to upset the balance andadd some more intrigue

just my opinion

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Janine has already played her idol.

Haven't seen a episode yet that has lived up to the over hyped promos, it's all a bit ho hum and predictable, needed a 3rd alliance a few weeks ago to upset the balance and some more intrigue

just my opinion
cool, I forgot she had... was thinking she was nearly untouchable! Yes for all the beat ups each week there haven't been many surprises or scheming... a few weeks ago it was looking real interesting but its just meandered down the predictable route

AFL Club
Collingwood
cool, I forgot she had... was thinking she was nearly untouchable! Yes for all the beat ups each week there haven't been many surprises or scheming... a few weeks ago it was looking real interesting but its just meandered down the predictable route
totally agree

I am liking Dirty Harry telling the champions 4 & 5 how they should be playing the game but they either don't understand or don't want to play that way

maybe something exciting will happen again

AFL Club
Hawthorn
If anyone was watching that immunity challenge... Pia cheated! Pia had both hands on the bar before Luke dropped. #Lukewasrobbed
Missed that.

Get the feeling Baden's getting voted to Exile. Abbey had a lot of reservations about possibly voting for her childhood hero (Simon) earlier on and none now? Doesn't feel right. Simon should beat Daisy anyway, so he wouldn't be a bad choice for the Champions to send.

...ok I got that wrong - looks like Simon may stuff up that challenge. Nice move from Abbey/Luke.

Last edited:

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Missed that.

Get the feeling Baden's getting voted to Exile. Abbey had a lot of reservations about possibly voting for her childhood hero (Simon) earlier on and none now? Doesn't feel right. Simon should beat Daisy anyway, so he wouldn't be a bad choice for the Champions to send.

...ok I got that wrong - looks like Simon may stuff up that challenge. Nice move from Abbey/Luke.
The channel 10 promoting "the big betrayal" kinda spoiled it. But then again... still waiting on "Sue's big move" :LOL:

AFL Club
Hawthorn
The channel 10 promoting "the big betrayal" kinda spoiled it. But then again... still waiting on "Sue's big move" :LOL:
Yeah, they pretty much said what was happening in the promo. Just like you see Simon stuff up the challenge in the next promo.

Can't see Abbey making it to the end, but still like the move tonight. Might have been able to wait until after the exile elimination, but she was definitely not winning if she survived to the end by sticking with Janine or Pia.

AFL Club
West Coast
the elimination challenge will dictate what happens going forward... Daisy wins and Luke & Abbey probably go back to the Champions (at least for a short time), Blacky wins and they probably stay with Baden and Harry

It's interesting we now have 2 definite pairings (Baden & Harry, Pai & Janine) with neither probably motivated to work with the other which could leave Luke & Abbey able to float... if Luke & Abbey stay with each other then they can control the game for a bit perhaps

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Oh wow promo is saying it's a double elimination tonight!

EDIT: actually not as wow as I first thought. Loser of the duel and then normal tribal council.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just my personal opinion, but the last 3 years I haven't been happy with the final few people and didn't think 2 of the 3 previous winners deserved to win it.

Kristie got very lucky to be there in the end but did have agreat speech at final 2.

Jericho and his power couple alliance with Luke (was a great shield for him) helped him reach the finals.

Shane Gould got carried to the finals by Sharn, and beat Sharn due to to 1 massive mistake made by Sharn.

However this year regardless of the result I am happy for any of the remaining players (barring Blacky soz) to win it.

AFL Club
Collingwood
the elimination challenge will dictate what happens going forward... Daisy wins and Luke & Abbey probably go back to the Champions (at least for a short time), Blacky wins and they probably stay with Baden and Harry

It's interesting we now have 2 definite pairings (Baden & Harry, Pai & Janine) with neither probably motivated to work with the other which could leave Luke & Abbey able to float... if Luke & Abbey stay with each other then they can control the game for a bit perhaps
surely they wont go back now,

doubt Janine and Pia will want them (although if Blacky goes they won't have the numbers) the smart play would be to eliminate Janine ASAP & Pia 1 x 1 and probably link up with Harry as the final 3.

Abbey could (should) match most in the physical challenges, not sure if it is the TV edits or not, but maybe she can outwit the final 2, emotions will be her biggest downfall......or is that all just a ploy from the producers ?

really need a 24/7 channel to know what really goes on, not just 4 hours a week, might be a hell of a lot that we don't see that is important.