TV/Series Discussion - Spoiler Central (Warning: lots of Australian Survivor spoilers, avoid if you are not up to date)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nice power for Luke to get. Pretty clear he isn't getting immunity, could keep him in it if he plays things right.

Edit: Well, called that wrong.

Last edited:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice power for Luke to get. Pretty clear he isn't getting immunity, could keep him in it if he plays things right.
Maybe that changes things a bit (he did well to recover I thought, but he shot himself in the foot a couple of times) ... although I think I saw something on that sheet about only being able to use the power until there are five people left.

Presumably he uses it for an ally of whoever he’s voting for, and given that he has immunity, people may be more willing to work with him for this vote (meaning he should be able to part of a 2+ person alliance) ... seems like he’s in a very strong position tonight if he does use it.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Had a feeling Abbey got blindsided at some stage, she was overlooked in the edit a lot early on. Good job by Luke.

Predicting Pia beats Harry in the final 2 at this stage, can't see Luke winning both immunities he would need. My prediction skills have been awful lately though.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would have been interesting to see how the 3 would have voted if Luke had just saved Pia but that was a very satisfying episode..
I was thinking about this - I reckon the outcome would have been the same (Harry, Baden and Abbie need to vote for one another, so the boys would vote out Abbie as the third person in the “alliance”, and the biggest challenge threat of the three).

I think Luke would have actually been better off saving Pia, with the ultimate outcome the same, but less risk of losing Abbie’s jury vote (she took it better in the confession than she did on the spot, so maybe no harm done) and more gratitude from Pia. Not as good for the resume (and not as entertaining!) but I reckon that’s what I would have done.

Edit: that’s what I would have done with the benefit of time to think it all through ... my initial reaction (further up this thread) was to send an ally of whoever I wanted gone back to camp.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Well played by Luke too seperate Baden & Harry.

Looked far too obvious to me anyway that it was never going to be Harry voted out , so he definitely was playing one of the girls.

Be interesting next episode of he loses immunity and they then vote him out (but that will be too obvious as well)

Amazing to think Baden has lasted all this way when he was originally going to be voted out at the first tribal council.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who does everyone want to win?

For me it would be:

Luke - deserves it, needs it
Harry - deserves it
Daylight
Pia - not sure I love the “shield” argument
Baden - still not the worst final four contestant - he’s better than at least some winners! - but the floating vote approach is pretty underwhelming in my view.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Utopia on tomorrow night at 9:00 ... excellent show if you haven’t seen it.
Will have to give it a go eventually.

Whilst on the topic of the ABC, Old People’s home for 4 year olds which is usually broadcasted on Tuesdays from 8:30 to 9:30pm is one I’d recommend.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will have to give it a go eventually.

Whilst on the topic of the ABC, Old People’s home for 4 year olds which is usually broadcasted on Tuesdays from 8:30 to 9:30pm is one I’d recommend.
Great call, I saw it on Gogglebox and then stumbled across it last week (our Foxtel is down, otherwise I never would have seen it!).

Utopia is well worth a look ... see how you find it, although I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone not liking it so far.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I loved tonight's episode and the way Luke bossed the Tribal.

For me it would be:

Harry - deserves it
Daylight
Baden - still not the worst final four contestant - he’s better than at least some winners! - but the floating vote approach is pretty underwhelming in my view.
Luke or Harry.

AFL Club
West Coast
would be good if Luke could convince Baden that they were all gunning for him and that he saved him last night. Might save Luke tonight if he doesn't win immunity. Can see a Pia/Baden finish from here... Pia has shown good endurance in some challenges, if she makes it to final 3 she probably wins that challenge

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn

For me it would be:

Harry - deserves it
Daylight
For me I've been a fan of Luke since two seasons ago and would love for him to win it this season. It's just a matter of whether he can make it to the final 2. The only way I can see that he could win is if he does indeed win both of the next 2 immunities. If it was the US season format Luke wins it from here hands down.

As to who deserves it, like you said Luke and Harry clearly deserve to win it.

As to who I think will win it, I rkn the final 2 will be Pia & Baden.

Baden reminds me a little bit like Kristie from the first (proper) season as she too was almost eliminated from the very first tribal council but became a survivor by adapting and switching to majority alliances. But I still think most of the jury would vote for Pia as she had been controlling most of the game, but I think the shield argument is valid as she masked her moves making Janine the perfect fall guy/woman.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
For me I've been a fan of Luke since two seasons ago and would love for him to win it this season. It's just a matter of whether he can make it to the final 2. The only way I can see that he could win is if he does indeed win both of the next 2 immunities. If it was the US season format Luke wins it from here hands down.

As to who deserves it, like you said Luke and Harry clearly deserve to win it.

As to who I think will win it, I rkn the final 2 will be Pia & Baden.

Baden reminds me a little bit like Kristie from the first (proper) season as she too was almost eliminated from the very first tribal council but became a survivor by adapting and switching to majority alliances. But I still think most of the jury would vote for Pia as she had been controlling most of the game, but I think the shield argument is valid as she masked her moves making Janine the perfect fall guy/woman.
Very interesting ... what’s the difference in the US format? I don’t think I’ve seen it in quite a few years.

Sounds like there’s a new US season involving Boston Rob (potentially in a mentor role?) starting on Nine Two soonish.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very interesting ... what’s the difference in the US format? I don’t think I’ve seen it in quite a few years.

Sounds like there’s a new US season involving Boston Rob (potentially in a mentor role?) starting on Nine Two soonish.
So the US format have a final 3. But recently they've introduced a new rule for top 4. The winner of the immunity challenge picks 1 other person to go straight to the final 3. The remaining 2 then battle it out in a fire making challenge in order to make the final 3. Last season was a bit controversial where the winner of the immunity challenge gave up his immunity necklace in order to go to the fire making challenge to take out the biggest threat in the game, which he did.

Seeing as we are in the final 4 now, I would say Luke is probably the best at making fire of the ones left so he'd make final 3 easily. But not being the US format, it kinda sucks. I hope the Australian version at least changes it to a final 3 in future.

Yep season 39 is called Island of the idols with both Boston Rob and Sandra being mentors. The concept is someone goes to the island and Boston Rob/Sandra test them out in order for them to win an advantage in the game. It's a weird concept. This season is probably more of a filler. Season 40 is the long awaited all winners season which I can't wait to see.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
So the US format have a final 3. But recently they've introduced a new rule for top 4. The winner of the immunity challenge picks 1 other person to go straight to the final 3. The remaining 2 then battle it out in a fire making challenge in order to make the final 3. Last season was a bit controversial where the winner of the immunity challenge gave up his immunity necklace in order to go to the fire making challenge to take out the biggest threat in the game, which he did.

Seeing as we are in the final 4 now, I would say Luke is probably the best at making fire of the ones left so he'd make final 3 easily. But not being the US format, it kinda sucks. I hope the Australian version at least changes it to a final 3 in future.

Yep season 39 is called Island of the idols with both Boston Rob and Sandra being mentors. The concept is someone goes to the island and Boston Rob/Sandra test them out in order for them to win an advantage in the game. It's a weird concept. This season is probably more of a filler. Season 40 is the long awaited all winners season which I can't wait to see.
Thanks Tam, this actually sounds much better than the Aussie structure. I was wondering recently whether someone could theoretically hand over a necklace on the same way as an idol ... looks like maybe they can!