TV/Series Discussion - Spoiler Central (Warning: lots of Australian Survivor spoilers, avoid if you are not up to date)

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why is everyone so keen to align with David?!

Edit: also have no idea why Sharn would take a shot at David now given that there’s at least a 5/6 chance he survives even if her plan is successful.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why is everyone so keen to align with David?!

Edit: also have no idea why Sharn would take a shot at David now given that there’s at least a 5/6 chance he survives even if her plan is successful.
I think that's just the edit again that made it seemed like that. She has a tight alliance with him and Mo from what I have seen and she probably needs to take him out when he least expects it but I suspect David is watching her every move like a hawk.

I think this is how the votes went down tonight for the first vote:

Tarzan + Zach voted for Shonee.
Shonee + Sharn voted for Jacqui.
David voted for Zach.
Jacqui voted for David.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think that's just the edit again that made it seemed like that. She has a tight alliance with him and Mo from what I have seen and she probably needs to take him out when he least expects it but I suspect David is watching her every move like a hawk.

I think this is how the votes went down tonight for the first vote:

Tarzan + Zach voted for Shonee.
Shonee + Sharn voted for Jacqui.
David voted for Zach.
Jacqui voted for David.
I feel like Sharn has been playing a slightly odd game recently. Certainly she was discussing the possibility of making a move against David last night, which seemed like terrible timing to me given the very high chance he made it through, in which case he would then be gunning for her (even more!).

She’s also seemed very obviously non committal in some of her strategy chats (“I’ll have a think about it”, that type of thing, with bad body language) which arguably is just honest and/or sensible, but I suspect she hasn’t filled a few people with confidence.

She’s either doing a great job of balancing everything, or it will come back to bite her ... at the moment my guess is it could ultimately be the latter, but we’ll see!

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm absolutely fascinated with how David plans to weave his way through to the end here. Has two idols, they know about one and not the other. Now set to be in the final 8 players. Boy it has now become huge for any immunity challenge that he can manage to win for himself.

However they all seem to recoginse that David had a good "resume" as they say, so I reckon they will start gunning for him soon. His first key will be recognising when he needs to play the first idol, and doesn't get blindsided holding 2 idols! Now personally, I would keep the 2nd idol secret and then wait for a tribal whereby everyone putes votes on him, and then whip out his idol and the voting is decided purely by his own vote. A;topugh I get the sense that he may reveal that he has another idol again like he did the first time.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
This challenge could be a great leveler. AK is my pick, then Shonee/Brooke.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just caught up after work. Thank God finally someone decides to play the game!!! Good stuff Jacqui!

Said it the other day that this twist would actually turn things around and it did. Normally not a huge fan of twists but this one actually worked and spiced things up for the better.

I still think David can still find a way to get his way back up. (Especially with 2 idols in his pocket) It's more fun to see him climbing his way up from the bottom.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
David using his idol on Tarzan was interesting. Even though David played it for the wrong person in terms of votes, that probably guaranteed the Jacqui elimination as it turned out, as it gave the minority a 75% chance of losing one of their 3 members rather than 60% if they want to rocks.

I wouldn't have trusted a lawyer. Sharn had her chance to flip earlier, and you can't rely on what previews show (which had Shonee as the main target this episode - that was never happening). Think they got sucked in.

You're right though, Jacqui won't be missed.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
David using his idol on Tarzan was interesting. Even though David played it for the wrong person in terms of votes, that probably guaranteed the Jacqui elimination as it turned out, as it gave the minority a 75% chance of losing one of their 3 members rather than 60% if they want to rocks.

I wouldn't have trusted a lawyer. Sharn had her chance to flip earlier, and you can't rely on what previews show (which had Shonee as the main target this episode - that was never happening). Think they got sucked in.

You're right though, Jacqui won't be missed.
David is just playing too good of a game. His surivivor knowledge is amazing. He will probably need to win most of the immunity challenges now to get to the end though.

Definitely can't trust Sharn at all and can't see her winning even if she does reach final 2. Like she said herself, if she betrays AK, Brooke & Shonee she'll lose jury votes. If she sticks with David he'll probably blindside her in some way.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I actually think David knew it probably wasn't Tarzan up, but figured the vote would likely go to rocks and hence decided to guarantee he stays. He needs Tarzan for his numbers, as he knows the AK, Shonee and Brooke will unlikely be on his side, and he doesn't really trust Sharn. So for him having lost Zack the night before, he probably calculated that his best chance of getting to the end was to use the idol everyone knows about to keep his main ally.

Let's see what happens tonight!

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
By the way what the hell was this revisionist crap by Mo last night!

She was making out that as if she was the one who organised for Jackie to blindside Zac and leaving Mo's hands clean so to speak.... Um no, Jacqi came up with the idea with Shonee's encouragement, and Jaci came to you Mo just to let you know what she was about to do. All you did Mo was say yeah OK and tick it off, you were not the mastermind lol!!!

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mo... Asif you don't believe Tarzan. He has no reason to lie. Probably the most loyal person there is on the island.

Her gameplay is so confusing.