WCPL Mega Thread

AFL Club
Carlton
So time to share this idea more of a new auction style game I'm calling WORLD CUP CRICKET PREMIER LEAGUE

What I propose is very different to Salary Cap or Draft style fantasy league's but kind of in the middle.
We are all probably aware in India they have the IPL. Indian Premier League for T/20 cricket.
8 Franchises bid for players in an auction style system where each has a certain amount of funds they allowed to contract players up to.

What I propose is in lead up to the World Cup Cricket we do something similar. In a few weeks time that is.

We have 6 Franchises to start off in an auction that is run for each cricket player involved from the main one day international cricket playing nations taking part in tournament and each Franchise can have either 1 person manage their team or up to 3.

Someone from the franchise puts in bids for players they want representing the franchise at various stages and you might have a limit of $9 million to spend on creating a player roster of say 17 to 18 players.
Each player auctioned is a very quick auction of only 5 to 15 minutes and highest bidder in that time on a thread recognized from a franchise wins that player. So that is where more than one owner would be important as unlikely the same person can be online for every player auctioned. The role of auctioneer would have to be shared around. It could not just be me.
Anyway, the basic idea would be 6 teams once squads assembled , would play each other once over the preliminary matches of World Cup. The top four after all fantasy teams played each other advance on to Semi-Finals and the 2 teams that get eliminated and players from those teams become free agents. Those free agents then up for auction at that stage. Franchises still remaining in tournament at that stage can remove present players and bid for new ones that are free agents. The player roster fund to bid with would go up in semi-final stage to about $10 million or keep at that same amount. The 4 teams play off and two remain for Grand Final of our Fantasy League. The timing of that is as the World Cup reaches Quarter Finals of real tournament. Those two fantasy franchise teams remain for a final as the quarter finals of real world cup take place and similar thing of players from eliminated teams up for auction to remaining two franchises and the 3rd phase of league tournament the player roster fund for a franchise is maybe increased again to as high as $11 million. The winner of third week is the Champion franchise team of WCCPL. The World Cup Cricket Premier League Champion.

Anyway, that is the basics of the idea.

I would think it would need at least a dozen people playing to make it interesting. So something like two part owners a franchise would work ok for a dozen people and at various stages of the auctions most of the people involved take turns of being auctioneer and keep tabs of winning bids going to which franchises. They then publish in a post before we move onto next player to be bid on.

So for example a mock bid might have Virat Kohli up for auction as a batter at 11 am till 11-10 am on a set date. Vernon Philander as a bowler at 11-15 am to 11-25 am and the various part owners would know that well before hand and someone nominated as bidder for that session would represent that franchise in the bidding session. (i.e you organize that amongst yourselves as co-owners of franchise team).
Between 11 am and 11-10 am in the official thread each franchise can bid up to 3 times for Kohli and the highest bidder that posts between 11 am and 11-10 pm gets that player on their roster for that salary contract. Then the auctioneer in same thread announces the winning bid to which franchise and moves straight onto next player of Philander at 11-15 am. You might have say 3 to 4 players up for auction in an hour in a bidding session. Then a break is had from bids to see where all our rosters are at in terms of contracts and remaining funds and then another session starts up later. There maybe four sessions during a day for 16 players in that day so the full auction would probably be run over a week.
Example:
4 players auctioned between 11 am to noon is one day session.
4 players auctioned between 1 pm to 2pm is second day session
4 players auctioned between 7pm to 8pm for first night session
4 players auctioned between 9 pm to 10 pm for second night session.

We can probably not be live at all sessions so that is why we have co-owners of a franchise so you organize between yourselves as owners of a particular franchise to take turns of representing your franchise as official bidder over the course of assembling your squad as the auctions continue during the week.

So a guide to those four sessions might have this example set up for a Monday of auction starting:

11 am to 11-10 Virat Kohli - Batsman
11-15 am to 11-25 am Vernon Philander - Bowler
11-30 am to 11-40 am Angelo Mathews - Allrounder
11-45 am to 11-55 am Luke Ronchi - Wicketkeeper

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Darren Bravo - Batsman
1-15 pm to 1-25 pm Corey Anderson - Allrounder
1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Chris Woakes - Bowler
1-45 pm to 1-55 pm Hamilton Masakadza - Batsman

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Brendan McCullum - Bat/Wicketkeeper
7-15 pm to 7-25 pm Ahmed Shehzad - Batsman
7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Dale Steyn - Bowler
7-45 pm to 7-55 pm Ravi Bopara - Allrounder

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Solomon Mire - Batsman
9-15 pm to 9-25 pm Steven Finn - Bowler
9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Ian Bell - Batsman
9-45 pm to 9-55 pm Darren Sammy - Allrounder

So between one session to another there be some time out time to look where we are all at in terms of player roster and remaining funds to bid with. That example would see 16 players in World Cup bid on in a day. As you probably know each cricketing nation will have a squad of 15 players so if you consider the players from the top ten nations that is 150 players in total that could run auctions on. We would need 17 players for each franchise so basically we are aiming to each get 17 players to successfully bid on from the 150 players which means 17 times six to fill all of our franchise player contracts before matches start.

The bulk of the bidding would happen on the waking hours with breaks in between sessions. Then final team announced for each franchise for the week by 10 minutes before the 1st cricket match of each round starts and locked into that for the fantasy round.

Once a franchise comes close to using up the player roster funds of $9 million there are limits placed on accepted bids to ensure each franchise is getting at least 17 players each on their roster and a minimum of each positional type needed to field a proper team of 11 on field plus 4 emergencies. So would probably score it based on a free cricket fantasy game being done online that is easy to access player scores. So rather than drafting players we would be doing an IPL style auction system just for something completely different for all of us.

If I sense there is a dozen or so people willing to take it I am happy to reveal more but that is the basics of it. There is already about half a dozen of us that expressed interest in it. So for example I might be one part owner of a franchise team up with another member and at various points of the auction one of us has a turn of being auctioneer and also nominated bidder for our franchise and at various other points other owners take turns at being auctioneer so the role of running it and keeping tabs of winning bids spread around. Each franchise could only make at most 3 bids in the 10 minute window of opportunity a player is up for auction. Deleting bids will be frowned upon and risk being thrown out as a part owner. As you will know beforehand when each of players up for auction (once fully set up) you organize for one of your members is online to put in a bid and represent your franchise in an auction session. Probably 3 members for each franchise would be maximum. So it is possible in week one there are 6 franchises with 3 part owners each for each franchise as one example and the 3 owners make sure they are organized to represent themselves at various times to be online for bids on players they want.

I am willing to set up all the players listed and categorize positionally and a few cricket team structures for each match will be set up that we must play within. So your franchise task is to bid to get a realistic looking balanced squad but how much you spend on specific players is up to you as franchise owners.
I also thinking of customizing it that we pick a captain for each franchise for each phase of matches and you get one and a half times his points for being captain and we also nominate a designated hitter for each specific match and that player gets double score contributed to our fantasy team that round of matches. Keep in mind I will set up the fantasy fixture so no real cricket nation has two matches in a fantasy round so won't be crazy stuff that goes on in Big Bash fantasy games.

At this stage in order to do that I will not include players from minnow nations of Afghanistan, Scotland , Ireland or UAE in this fantasy game. The other 10 cricketing nations will be included to auction on players. I may decide, if we have time, to then include an 18th player to each franchise via a simple random draft of one player from a minnow side but they will simply be standby player to replace any other player from your real contracted players you bid on that gets a major injury in the tournament.

I will let the people that want to play to be first come first served, assuming there is enough to make it worth while doing. If not I am happy to share it with some dedicated cricketing forum.I know this is strictly not a cricketing forum but seems enough of us follow cricket to give it a decent bash for fun during February and March before footy season begins. If there is strong interest here we would need to organize ourselves into co-owners or a head coach with a couple of assistants. Just an idea so see what feedback I get here and based on interest expressed from this point on will share more details.

Last edited:

vin.gill

250 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
count me in!

being a cricket fanatic and cricket stats nerd, let me know if you need help in setting up the league

sammy96

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sounds good Oz, I'm keen to enter with my brother Lenny.
May spark controversy but we'll give it a go

AFL Club
Carlton
count me in!

being a cricket fanatic and cricket stats nerd, let me know if you need help in setting up the league
No problem. Probably next week I might ask for assistance but for now all good.
Ok. You are locked in as player number 7 at this stage, We could even team up ourself on a franchise if you want. I am more of a gut feel person so teaming with a stats nerd probably a good idea...lol

Sounds good Oz, I'm keen to enter with my brother Lenny.
May spark controversy but we'll give it a go
he he. Ok, you guys can be locked in for a Franchise straight away. Players number 8 and 9.

A few people already expressed early interest well before this post so the full list of 8 at this stage are as follows:

Goodie's Guns
MovingUpward
Benno
Erich1036
Delicious Jedi
vin.gill
Sammy96 & Lenny5 (together as one franchise)
and myself, OzRulesFootball

That is short list of those involved I consider locked in due to those expressions of interest.

Probably prefer to have two owners each franchise which means looking for at least 4 more people but I am not against a few people running franchises on their own if they think they got time for all tasks they need to do.

vin.gill

250 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
All 14 World Cup squads have been posted:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/819803.html

Afghanistan: Mohammad Nabi (captain), Nawroz Mangal, Asghar Stanikzai, Samiullah Shenwari, Afsar Zazai (wk), Najibullah Zadran, Nasir Jamal, Mirwais Ashraf, Gulbadin Naib, Hamid Hassan, Shapoor Zadran, Dawlat Zadran, Aftab Alam, Javed Ahmadi, Usman Ghani

Australia: Michael Clarke (capt), George Bailey (vc), David Warner, Aaron Finch, Shane Watson, Steven Smith, Brad Haddin (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, James Faulkner, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins, Xavier Doherty

Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Taskin Ahmed, Al-Amin Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Arafat Sunny, Taijul Islam

England: Eoin Morgan (capt), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Gary Ballance, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Stuart Broad, Jos Buttler, Steven Finn, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Joe Root, James Taylor, James Tredwell, Chris Woakes

India: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Akshar Patel, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Stuart Binny

Ireland: William Porterfield (capt), Andrew Balbirnie, Peter Chase, Alex Cusack, George Dockrell, Ed Joyce, Andrew McBrine, John Mooney, Tim Murtagh, Kevin O'Brien, Niall O'Brien (wk), Paul Stirling, Stuart Thompson, Gary Wilson (wk), Craig Young

New Zealand: Brendon McCullum (capt), Trent Boult, Grant Elliott, Tom Latham, Martin Guptill, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Adam Milne, Daniel Vettori, Kane Williamson, Corey Anderson, Tim Southee, Luke Ronchi (wk), Ross Taylor

Pakistan: Misbah-ul-Haq(captain), Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfraz Ahmed, Younis Khan, Haris Sohail, Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood, Shahid Afridi, Yasir Shah, Mohammad Irfan, Junaid Khan, Ehsan Adil, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz

Scotland: Preston Mommsen (capt), Kyle Coetzer, Richie Berrington, Frederick Coleman, Matthew Cross (wkt), Joshua Davey, Alasdair Evans, Hamish Gardiner, Majid Haq, Michael Leask, Matt Machan, Calum MacLeod, Safyaan Sharif, Robert Taylor, Iain Wardlaw

South Africa: AB de Villiers (capt), Hashim Amla, Kyle Abbott, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock (wk), JP Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Imran Tahir, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Aaron Phangiso, Vernon Philander, Rilee Rossouw, Dale Steyn

Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews (capt), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Mahela Jayawardene, Lahiru Thirimanne (vice-capt), Dinesh Chandimal, Dimuth Karunaratne, Jeevan Mendis, Thisara Perera, Suranga Lakmal, Lasith Malinga (subject to fitness), Dhammika Prasad, Nuwan Kulasekara, Rangana Herath, Sachithra Senanayake

West Indies: Jason Holder (captain), Marlon Samuels, Sulieman Benn, Darren Bravo, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cottrell, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Darren Sammy, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith, Jerome Taylor

UAE: Mohammed Tauqir (capt), Khurram Khan (vice-capt), Swapnil Patil, Saqlain Haider, Amjad Javed, Shaiman Anwar, Amjad Ali, Nasir Aziz, Rohan Mustafa, Manjula Guruge, Andri Berenger, Fahad Al Hashmi, Muhammad Naveed, Kamran Shahzad, Krishna Karate

Zimbabwe: Elton Chigumbura (capt), Sikandar Raza, Regis Chakabva, Tendai Chatara, Chamu Chibhabha, Craig Ervine, Tafadzwa Kamungozi, Hamilton Masakadza, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Solomon Mire, Tawanda Mupariwa, Tinashe Panyangara, Brendan Taylor, Prosper Utseya, Sean Williams

AFL Club
North Melb.
^^ interesting to see only 3 teams have named a VC. What's up with that?

vin.gill

250 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
what is the scoring system we are using for the head-to-head matches?

AFL Club
Carlton
Still have not settled on it. I got one written down but really intending to just use scores from another system like Foxsports cricket, cricketfan site or webfantasy site. When I look at it closer will pick one but may even custom our own one if have time in a week or so.

Got some odi games to test out on as one round.

Jan 15th NZ v SRL
Jan 16th Aust v England
Jan 16th RSA v Windies.

Might do a trial auction Wednesday for four of us to see how it works for first time and do many more over coming two weeks as all these teams play a lot of one dayers in next two weeks, plus India of course. Good time to trial it all and smooth out before the real thing.
Keep in mind never tried auction game before so just having a go at it and see what type of game can whip up in little time.
I read up on IPL real auctions some time last year and got me interested to see if a fantasy game could be created that had aspects of that. Just sounded like a fun exercise to try and this world cup time is perfect tournament to have a go at first attempt of such a game.

Edit: Process of progressively making up Auction Schedule
Friday 30th January (10 players auctioned)
1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Morne Morkel RSA BWL

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Angelo Mathews SRL BAT/ALR

4 pm to 4-10 pm MS Dhoni IND WKP

4-30 pm to 4-40 pm Ian Bell ENG BAT

7 pm to 7-10 pm Andre Russell WIN ALR/BWL

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Mahela Jayawardene SRL BAT

8 pm to 8-10 pm Tendai Chatara ZIM BWL

8-30 pm to 8-40 pm Umar Akmal PAK BAT/WKP

9 pm to 9-10 pm Aaron Finch AUS BAT

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Adam Milne NZL BWL

Saturday 31st January (14 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Martin Guptill NZL BAT

11-30 am to 11-40 am Xavier Doherty AUS BWL

12 noon to 12-10 Mahmudullah BGL BAT/ALR

12-30 pm to 12-40 pm Marlon Samuels WIN BAT

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Dhammika Prasad SRL ALR/BWL

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Sheldon Cottrell WIN BWL

2 pm to 2-10 pm Imran Tahir RSA BWL

5 pm to 5-10 pm Kane Williamson NZL BAT

5-30 pm to 5-40 pm Craig Ervine ZIM BAT

7 pm to 7-10 pm Josh Hazlewood AUS BWL

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Chris Woakes ENG BWL

8 pm to 8-10 pm Ishant Sharma IND BWL

8-30 pm to 8-40 pm Younis Khan PAK BAT

9 pm to 9-10 pm Jos Buttler ENG WKP

Sunday 1st February (9 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Dwayne Smith WIN BAT/ALR

11-30 am to 11-40 am Virat Kohli IND BAT

12 noon to 12-10 James Tredwell ENG BWL

12-30 pm to 12-40 pm Mominul Haque BGL BAT

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Dale Steyn RSA BWL

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Mitchell McClenaghan NZL BWL

2 pm to 2-10 pm Alex Hales ENG BAT

7 pm to 7-10 pm Ravindra Jadeja IND ALR/BWL

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Hashim Amla RSA BAT

(Watch end of Tri-Series ODI Final from Perth)

Monday 2nd February (8 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 Haris Sohail PAK BAT

11-30 am to 11-40 am Kemar Roach WIN BWL

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Jean-Paul Duminy RSA BAT/ALR

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Jason Holder WIN BWL

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Kumar Sangakkara SRL WKP/BAT

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Tim Southee NZL BWL

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Bhuvneshwar Kumar IND BWL

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Steven Smith AUS BAT

Tuesday 3rd February (8 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Chris Jordan ENG BWL

11-30 am to 11-40 am Tom Latham NZL BAT

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Chris Gayle WIN BAT

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Thisara Perera SRL BWL/ALR

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Mashrafe Mortaza BGL BWL

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Misbah-ul-Haq PAK BAT

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Wayne Parnell RSA BWL

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Sunil Narine WIN BWL

Wednesday 4th February (8 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Lahiru Thirimanne SRL BAT

11-30 am to 11-40 am Faf du Plessis RSA BAT

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Shane Watson AUS BAT/ALR

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Shakib Al Hasan BGL ALR/BWL

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Shikhar Dhawan IND BAT

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Trent Boult NZL BWL

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Mohammad Irfan PAK BWL

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Aaron Phangiso RSA BWL

Thursday 5th February (8 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Ahmed Shehzad PAK BAT

11-30 am to 11-40 am Darren Sammy WIN ALR/BWL

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Solomon Mire ZIM BAT

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Wahab Riaz PAK BWL

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Daniel Vettori NZL BWL

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Eoin Morgan ENG BAT

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Mitchell Johnson AUS BWL

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Luke Ronchi NZL WKP/BAT

Friday 6th February (14 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Tillakaratne Dilshan SRL BAT/ALR

11-30 am to 11-40 am Jerome Taylor WIN BWL

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Tawanda Mupariwa ZIM BWL

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Denesh Ramdin WIN WKP

4 pm to 4-10 pm Vernon Philander RSA BWL

4-30 pm to 4-40 pm Akshar Patel IND BWL/ALR

5 pm to 5-10 pm Mohammad Hafeez PAK BAT/ALR

5-30 pm to 5-40 pm Kyle Mills NZL BWL

7 pm to 7-10 pm David Warner AUS BAT

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Steven Finn ENG BWL

8 pm to 8-10 pm Mohammed Shami IND BWL

8-30 pm to 8-40 pm Ravichandran Ashwin IND BWL/ALR

9 pm to 9-10 pm Quinton de Kock RSA WKP/BAT

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Lendl Simmons WIN BAT

Saturday 7th February (14 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Jeevan Mendis SRL ALR/BWL

11-30 am to 11-40 am George Bailey AUS BAT

12 noon to 12-10 Anamul Haque BGL BAT/WKP

12-30 pm to 12-40 pm Mitchell Starc AUS BWL

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Stuart Binny IND BWL/ALR

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Sohail Khan PAK BWL

2 pm to 2-10 pm David Miller RSA BAT

5 pm to 5-10 pm Jonathan Carter WIN BAT

5-30 pm to 5-40 pm Suranga Lakmal SRL BWL

7 pm to 7-10 pm Corey Anderson NZL ALR/BAT

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Umesh Yadav IND BWL

8 pm to 8-10 pm Taijul Islam BGL BWL

8-30 pm to 8-40 pm Glenn Maxwell AUS ALR/BAT

9 pm to 9-10 pm Rilee Rossouw RSA BAT

Sunday 8th February (15 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Darren Bravo WIN BAT

11-30 am to 11-40 am Prosper Utseya ZIM BWL

12 noon to 12-10 Grant Elliott NZL BAT/ALR

12-30 pm to 12-40 pm Farhaan Behardien RSA BAT

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Dimuth Karunaratne SRL BAT

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Brendon McCullum NZL BAT/WKP

2 pm to 2-10 pm James Anderson ENG BWL

5 pm to 5-10 pm Brad Haddin AUS WKP

5-30 pm to 5-40 pm Yasir Shah PAK BWL

7 pm to 7-10 pm Rohit Sharma IND BAT

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Ross Taylor NZL BAT

8 pm to 8-10 pm Rangana Herath SRL BWL

8-30 pm to 8-40 pm Ambati Rayudu IND BAT/WKP

9 pm to 9-10 pm Kyle Abbott RSA BWL

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Sean Williams ZIM BAT

Monday 9th February (8 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Tafadzwa Kamungozi ZIM BWL

11-30 am to 11-40 am Sulieman Benn WIN BWL

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm James Faulkner AUS ALR/BWL

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Sabbir Rahman BGL BAT

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Greg Ballance ENG BAT

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Ehsan Adil PAK BWL

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Nathan McCullum NZL BWL

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Shahid Afridi PAK ALR/BWL

Tuesday 10th February (8 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Ravi Bopara ENG ALR

11-30 am to 11-40 am Suresh Raina IND BAT

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Nuwan Kulasekara SRL BWL

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Sikandar Raza ZIM BAT

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Dinesh Chandimal SRL BAT/WKP

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm AB de Villiers RSA BAT/WKP

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Hamilton Masakadza ZIM BAT

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Stuart Broad ENG BWL

Wednesday 11th February (8 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Sohaib Maqsood PAK BAT

11-30 am to 11-40 am Pat Cummins AUS BWL

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Regis Chakabva ZIM BAT

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm James Taylor ENG BAT

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Tinashe Panyangara ZIM BWL

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Moeen Ali ENG BAT/ALR

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Arafat Sunny BGL BWL

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Nasir Hossain BGL BAT

Thursday 12th February (8 players auctioned)
11 am to 11-10 am Ajinkya Rahane IND BAT

11-30 am to 11-40 am Taskin Ahmed BGL BWL

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Mitchell Marsh AUS ALR/BAT

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Sarfraz Ahmed PAK WKP

7-00 pm to 7-10 pm Elton Chigumbura ZIM BAT

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Joe Root ENG BAT

9-00 pm to 9-10 pm Sachithra Senanayake SRL BWL

9-30 pm to 9-40 pm Stuart Matsikenyeri ZIM BAT

Friday 13th February (12 auctions to finalize all franchise lists)
11 am to 11-10 am Junaid Khan PAK BWL

11-30 am to 11-40 am Chamu Chibhabha ZIM BAT/ALR

1-00 pm to 1-10 pm Al-Amin Hossain BGL BWL

1-30 pm to 1-40 pm Mushfiqur Rahim BGL WKP

4 pm to 4-10 pm Soumya Sarkar BGL BAT

4-30 pm to 4-40 pm Tamim Iqbal BGL BAT

5 pm to 5-10 pm Brendan Taylor ZIM WKP/BAT

5-30 pm to 5-40 pm Rubel Hossain BGL BWL

7 pm to 7-10 pm Lasith Malinga SRL BWL

7-30 pm to 7-40 pm Michael Clarke AUS BAT

8 pm to 8-10 pm (pool of free agent players for final main nations auction)

8-30 pm (Afghanistan players draft for 18th player for squad back up )

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
By tomorrow morning think make it the cut off date to be part of this.
We can just work with the numbers we have from there. Some franchise might have one owner if that is the case. Will work it out in next week.
Also think tomorrow I will ask Jay or Rowsus if they can move this thread to General (non-AFL) sub forum once close off expressions of *keen* interest from forum members in general. (or if read this today can move it straight away thanks)
Think it has been up for long enough over weekend so those that really keen to play would have made it known by this time.

AFL Club
Carlton
January Fantasy Cricket 2 Week Tournament

Quick run down of one dayers coming up that could be used to trial fantasy games.
Could do a very quick auction tomorrow based on players from 7 nations listed below
and trial it with 3 other people over this time and then smooth ideas out for proper World Cup Cricket Premier League that will be run with 6 franchises in February and March of World Cup.
There is about 8 to 9 of us looking to be involved in that so will sort exact franchises out as we get closer.

Basically the idea would be do some type of auction tomorrow around this time for 4 of us available at the time. Quickly auction off enough players to creates squads of say 17 players each and pick teams from there at the dates listed below.
This would be just a trial run to see how to score players in next couple of weeks and probably trial scores from WebFantasy cricket.

I think picking a fantasy team the line-up needs to have minimum one keeper, minimum 3 bowlers, minimum one allrounder and minimum 4 batsman. Apart from those restrictions you can pick your eleven any combination that works with that.
You would also name 4 emergencies for each type of category in event some player does not play.
I'll list the players and there categories in a post later today after this.
Got most players listed in a spreadsheet that some of you I shared with already via googledrive.
This is a complete experiment so going into auction set up making it up tomorrow morning about this time of day and whomever is ready and happy to trial an auction then on players from these 7 nations over a two hour period can be involved.
Probably do it between noon and 2pm as too busy rest of day to set it up. If you free and want to be involved with this will do it then. Might do it 15 minutes on each nation and can bid on players from that nation in that time. The highest bidder wins the player in that time. Cannot bid more than 3 times in 15 minutes. Honour system meaning you know if you bid, so do not delete posts to cancel a bid out. Just need myself and three others to trial it. Will make it a $9 million cap on each of the 4 fantasy teams that play. So if you post some crazy bid of $2.5 million on gun player you risk having little left by later players to auction and some one else could get a gun player cheap if over use funds on early bids.

So the actual scoring of teams will be done via fixtures listed below once auction all done.
The 4 fantasy teams will play round robin for three rounds then bottom team eliminated and 2 v 3 in a preliminary final and finally the Final between top team and winner of prelim final. Take note of cricket nations listed below that have byes as some from tri-series in Australia will have byes at some stages of tournament so you probably want more players from New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka and West Indies than the nations playing tri-series here.

Round One - submit team by Thursday 11 am
NZ v Sri Lanka
Aust v Eng
RSA v Windies
India bye

Round Two Jan 17h & 18th
NZ v SL
Aust v India
RSA v Windies
England bye

Round Three Jan 20th & 21st
NZ v SL
Eng v India
RSA v Windies
Australia bye

Preliminary Final Time (2 v 3) Jan 23rd to 25th
Aust v Eng
NZ v SL
RSA v Windies
India bye

Grand Fiinal (1st v winner of PF) (Jan 26th to Jan 29th)
Aust v India
RSA v Windies
NZ v SL
England bye

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
AUSTRALIA
David Warner BAT
Aaron Finch BAT
Shane Watson BAT/ALR
Steven Smith BAT
Michael Clarke BAT
George Bailey BAT
Mitchell Marsh ALR/BAT
Glenn Maxwell ALR/BAT
Brad Haddin WKP
James Faulkner ALR/BWL
Mitchell Johnson BWL
Mitchell Starc BWL
Pat Cummins BWL
Josh Hazlewood BWL
Xavier Doherty BWL

ENGLAND
Alex Hales BAT
Joe Root BAT
James Taylor BAT
Eoin Morgan BAT
Ian Bell BAT
Moeen Ali BAT/ALR
Greg Ballance BAT
Ravi Bopara ALR
Jos Buttler WKP
Stuart Broad BWL
James Tredwell BWL
Chris Woakes BWL
James Anderson BWL
Steven Finn BWL
Chris Jordan BWL

INDIA
Shikhar Dhawan BAT
Ambati Rayudu BAT/WKP
Virat Kohli BAT
Rohit Sharma BAT
Ajinkya Rahane BAT
Suresh Raina BAT
Ravindra Jadeja ALR/BWL
MS Dhoni WKP
Bhuvneshwar Kumar BWL
Umesh Yadav BWL
Ishant Sharma BWL
Ravichandran Ashwin BWL/ALR
Stuart Binny BWL/ALR
Mohammed Shami BWL
Akshar Patel BWL/ALR

NEW ZEALAND
Tom Latham BAT
Martin Guptill BAT
Kane Williamson BAT
Brendon McCullum BAT/WKP
Ross Taylor BAT
Grant Elliott BAT/ALR
Corey Anderson ALR/BAT
Luke Ronchi WKP/BAT
Daniel Vettori BWL
Nathan McCullum BWL
Mitchell McClenaghan BWL
Adam Milne BWL
Tim Southee BWL
Trent Boult BWL
Kyle Mills BWL

SOUTH AFRICA
Quinton de Kock WKP/BAT
Hashim Amla BAT
Farhaan Behardien BAT
Faf du Plessis BAT
AB de Villiers BAT/WKP
Jean-Paul Duminy BAT/ALR
David Miller BAT
Rilee Rossouw BAT
Dale Steyn BWL
Wayne Parnell BWL
Vernon Philander BWL
Imran Tahir BWL
Morne Morkel BWL
Kyle Abbott BWL
Aaron Phangiso BWL

SRI LANKA
Tillakaratne Dilshan BAT/ALR
Mahela Jayawardene BAT
Lahiru Thirimanne BAT
Angelo Mathews BAT/ALR
Kumar Sangakkara WKP/BAT
Dinesh Chandimal BAT/WKP
Nuwan Kulasekara BWL
Rangana Herath BWL
Lasith Malinga BWL
Suranga Lakmal BWL
Jeevan Mendis ALR/BWL
Dhammika Prasad ALR/BWL
Sachithra Senanayake BWL
Thisara Perera BWL/ALR
Dimuth Karunaratne BAT

WEST INDIES
Jonathan Carter BAT
Dwayne Smith BAT/A:R
Chris Gayle BAT
Marlon Samuels BAT
Lendl Simmons BAT
Darren Bravo BAT
Denesh Ramdin WKP
Andre Russell ALR/BWL
Darren Sammy ALR/BWL
Sulieman Benn BWL
Jason Holder BWL
Jerome Taylor BWL
Sunil Narine BWL
Kemar Roach BWL
Sheldon Cottrell BWL

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Proposed Scoring System (from CricketWeb)

Batting:
Each Run Scored 1 Point
Scoring Rate 100+ 10 Points
Scoring Rate 80.0 - 99.9 5 Points
Duck -10 Points
Golden Duck -20 Points
Notes: Scoring Rate - Only batsman scoring 25+ runs

Bowling:
Each Wicken Taken 20 Points
R.R.P.O: 3.50 or Less 20 Points
R.R.P.O: 3.51 to 4.50 10 Points
R.R.P.O: 4.51 to 5.00 5 Point
R.R.P.O: 6.00 to 6.99 -10 Points
R.R.P.O: 7.00+ -15 Points
Notes: Econ. Rate - A minimum of 3 overs must be bowled.

Fielding:
Per Catch 10 Points
Per WK Catch 8 Points
Per Run Out 10 Points
Per Stumping 15 Points
Notes: If applicable all players involved in a run out score points.

Bonus Points:
50 Runs 10 Points
100 Runs 20 Points
150 Runs 30 Points
4 Wicket Haul 40 Points
5 Wicket Haul 50 Points
Not Out 5 Points
Notes: These bonus points are on top of the standard points

AFL Club
Carlton
A squad of 17 would need to have the following:
At least 7 players categorized as batsmen, (BAT)
At least 2 players as allrounders, (ALR)
At least 2 players able to do role of wicketkeeper, (WKP)
At least 6 players categorized as bowlers.

If a player you contract via winning bid in auction has more then one category assigned next to their name you get to make use of the dual roles in filling those requirements for overall squad make up and also when submitting teams before each fantasy round of matches.

In a single match when you submit an eleven line-up you submit via batting order that you want but there must be at least 4 bats, 3 bowlers, 1 wicketkeeper and 1 allrounder in that line-up submitted. We will simply submit it in a Match Thread for Round on the day of first match starting for that fantasy round. No rolling lock outs.
You can also name 4 emergencies. i.e. 1 Emergency BAT, 1 Emergency BWL, 1 Emergency ALR and 1 Emergency WKP. If you already have a 2nd guy in your eleven that can wicketkeep he will be assumed to do that role and you can name the extra emergency for one of other categories of players.

So team submission sheet in post should have traditional batting order line-up with positional categories next to each players name as listed in post #2 here and then you emergency order below it.
EM BAT
EM BWL
EM ALR
EM WKP

Those emergencies will replace any players that late out of that round of cricket matches on dates specified for that round in post #1.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
So the plan is to create a "Fantasy Cricket Auction Thread" and at noon start on auction of the New Zealand players listed above at noon today.
Never done this before so not even sure how it will go but fun to simply trial it. Really only need 3 others to play this trial. Vin and Moving Upward invited to join as both helped me a bit on spreadsheet in recent days. Also Erich if free can be the 4th team as also looked at spready and talked in PM. Have not even been in contact with you guys to confirm this at noon so if do not find time to go through all the 7 nations between noon and 2 pm can try to finish the others in 15 minute window blocks for each of the 7 nations at some stage we all free at same time. As long as completed by 11 am tomorrow all good. NZ v SRi Lanka from noon tomorrow I think so that is when want to have first teams submitted for this 2 week tournament. If you free and want to play just let me know in next hour and if we have a team have two co-owners in this trial will sort that out as go along. This trial is really just to try out so if things go wrong, not fussed and will work through as go along.

So just before noon will create that thread and list NZ players and then when you bid simply list NZ players you keen on and amount you bidding on.
Make sure it is clear what player your bid is for.
Example: Luke Ronchi 400K will be seen as a bid on him for $400,000

You can bid on several players at once in 15 minute window so if keen on 5 kiwi players make bids for all those five players in same post if you like.
$9 million the funds each franchise limit to contract 17 players before tomorrow. If free between noon and 2pm will will do 15 minutes for each nation but stop and see how it going as we finish each nation and then go onto next one once list the winning bids.

The order of nations to be done are as follows:
NZ
SRL
RSA
Windies
Aust
Eng
India

If for some reason will not finish this today will aim to do tomorrow morning before NZ and Sri Lanka game start.
I stress this is just for fun so if things go wrong or you want to play but not sure whether can be live for all auctions we can work around that by having people join forces with winnings bids for one franchise if needs be. It really is a case of making this first one up as go along...lol.. All very unknown how it will go.

Last edited:

vin.gill

250 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
done, will be online for this

9mill funds to contract 17 players..... avg of 529k per player (if that helps anyone)

AFL Club
Carlton
Fantasy Cricket Auction Thread

Starting live auction with NZ players first.
Live between noon and 12-15.
3 bids maximum for poster per cricket player and highest bid at 12.15 wins.

If more than 4 join will combine forces later based on winning bids and franchise limit $9 million.

NEW ZEALAND
Tom Latham BAT
Martin Guptill BAT
Kane Williamson BAT
Brendon McCullum BAT/WKP
Ross Taylor BAT
Grant Elliott BAT/ALR
Corey Anderson ALR/BAT
Luke Ronchi WKP/BAT
Daniel Vettori BWL
Nathan McCullum BWL
Mitchell McClenaghan BWL
Adam Milne BWL
Tim Southee BWL
Trent Boult BWL
Kyle Mills BWL

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
To clarify the maximum of 3 bids is on a single player.
Example cannot bid more than 3 times on Brendon McCullum for example but can make 5 post bids if 2 of them not include him as an example.

Last edited: