Week 2 Finals: Team & In Game Discussion

Who do you think will win? (multiple choice)

• Hawthorn

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • GWS

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon Collingwood have the better chance of giving the Tigers a run for their money... so hoping for a Collingwood win tonight.
I generally barrack for whoever is playing Collingwood or Port, but if there was a Tigers-Collingwood grand final it could be the first time I’ve ever found myself supporting the Pies!!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I generally barrack for whoever is playing Collingwood or Port, but if there was a Tigers-Collingwood grand final it could be the first time I’ve ever found myself supporting the Pies!!
won't be a Tigers-Collingwood Grand Final but jump aboard the Pie army.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Brayden Sier next year

I want him at every center bounce next year.

Adams
Treloar
Pendlebury
Sidebottom
Philkips

Watch and learn
certainly has a crack , just needs to tidy up his disposal.

hate to say it but I think Pendles needs to move to the HBF

AFL Club
Collingwood
certainly has a crack , just needs to tidy up his disposal.

hate to say it but I think Pendles needs to move to the HBF
agree, pendles is a liability as an inside mid these days. Sier's disposals are fine, handball to outside mid at contests, bomb it long if he needs to kick, that's all he needs to do, and that's exactly how other inside mids like (Danger, Selwood, Sloane) survive despite poor disposals.

Adams on the other hand isnt even capable of bombing it long without shanking it..

AFL Club
Collingwood
agree, pendles is a liability as an inside mid these days. Sier's disposals are fine, handball to outside mid at contests, bomb it long if he needs to kick, that's all he needs to do, and that's exactly how other inside mids like (Danger, Selwood, Sloane) survive despite poor disposals.

Adams on the other hand isnt even capable of bombing it long without shanking it..
like to move Pendles to the HBF to have someone who can kick the ball and hit a target.

Aish , Crisp , Goldsack , Greenwood, Howe , Langdon , Maynard all should work for Baker's Delight , their foot skills are atrocious.

Said it numerous times Tay Tay should only ever kick 15-20 metres , anything further handball the bloody thing !!!

AFL Club
Collingwood
like to move Pendles to the HBF to have someone who can kick the ball and hit a target.

Aish , Crisp , Goldsack , Greenwood, Howe , Langdon , Maynard all should work for Baker's Delight , their foot skills are atrocious.

Said it numerous times Tay Tay should only ever kick 15-20 metres , anything further handball the bloody thing !!!
Although all of Crisp, Goldsack, GREENWOOD, howe, langdon, maynard were great tonight. Defence really held up, you cant all have good skills, some of these players are important to shut down opposite team. With that being said, Pendles going to half-back and play a Whitfield role I have been suggesting since about 2015.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Although all of Crisp, Goldsack, GREENWOOD, howe, langdon, maynard were great tonight. Defence really held up, you cant all have good skills, some of these players are important to shut down opposite team. With that being said, Pendles going to half-back and play a Whitfield role I have been suggesting since about 2015.
very true but if 1 or 2 were reliable kicks make it hell of a lot better.

let's see how their skills hold up under the manic forward pressure the Tigers will apply , skills dropped off the first time we played them so hopefully we have learnt.

Decision making and skill execution under immense pressure will make us or break us.

AFL Club
Collingwood
very true but if 1 or 2 were reliable kicks make it hell of a lot better.

let's see how their skills hold up under the manic forward pressure the Tigers will apply , skills dropped off the first time we played them so hopefully we have learnt.

Decision making and skill execution under immense pressure will make us or break us.
Agree, to be honest i think the key indicator on the game will be how many free kicks paid to Mason Cox

He doesn't look like he's able to take grabs despite how many times the ball goes to him, Grimes/Astbury/Rance will push him under the ball, chop his arms all day. It will be technically illegal, but umpires will only pay a small proportion of it.

It's difficult to have a clear rule of thumb regarding how many frees to pay to Cox. At 211 cm, defenders have no options but to chop his arms. Chopping arms normally is free kick every time, but what else can do they do against Cox.

Cox's height itself should generate alot of free kicks just like how sub 180 cm players get high tackled all the time.

Regardless, think Greenwood will play a hard tag on Martin all day. It's the perfect matchup rarely, Greenwood has been playing a shut down defender anyways, and has previously played as a tagger. Play against Martin for the entire match and even follow him to the bench, so Martin has to fight through a tag for every moment of play.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree, to be honest i think the key indicator on the game will be how many free kicks paid to Mason Cox

He doesn't look like he's able to take grabs despite how many times the ball goes to him, Grimes/Astbury/Rance will push him under the ball, chop his arms all day. It will be technically illegal, but umpires will only pay a small proportion of it.

It's difficult to have a clear rule of thumb regarding how many frees to pay to Cox. At 211 cm, defenders have no options but to chop his arms. Chopping arms normally is free kick every time, but what else can do they do against Cox.

Cox's height itself should generate alot of free kicks just like how sub 180 cm players get high tackled all the time.

Regardless, think Greenwood will play a hard tag on Martin all day. It's the perfect matchup rarely, Greenwood has been playing a shut down defender anyways, and has previously played as a tagger. Play against Martin for the entire match and even follow him to the bench, so Martin has to fight through a tag for every moment of play.
Cox is at his best when he has a bit of space in front of him and can run and jump at the ball and fully use his height, agree with you when he "stops and props" he is too easily pushed under/off the ball. We need our forward line to play smarter, Mayne and Mihocek need to be utilised as lead up targets and "make" the Richmond defenders pay attention to them, can not allow Rance to play free, Mayne needs to stick to him like glue when he is not leading (or does Goldy play a defensive role)

Grundy also needs to be used as marking forward target.

de Goey, WHE, Stephenson and Thomas need their kicking boots on, we need to convert 80% of our chances into goals, no matter how good they are scoreboard pressure will hurt.....goals goals and more goals.

Greenwood should just wait outside the Richmond race and as soon as they appear, say hello Dusty, get in his head, tackle with intent to hurt and follow him everywhere, then allows Pendles to sit in defense and direct traffic and add some composure, the Tigers forwards will chase, run and tackle all day so we can not afford the turnovers, DO NOT give the ball to someone who is under pressure and do not kick blindly and erratically, be calm under pressure.

Both games this season we have been with them up until 3/4 time (11 points and 4 points down) then got blown away in the last, not good enough, we need to play the whole game , they are not going to stop so nor are we.......believe Pies believe

Phillips, Sidebottom, Stephenson , Treloar, Varcoe need to watch Forrest Gump and run Pies run and then get up and run some more

Attack their weakness, run, chase, harass and tackle with hurt and intent (legally).

Be bold , be brave take ownership of the corridoor, run and attack with zig-zag sling shot handball and cracks will appear in their defence.

Their is a Grand Final berth at stake, who knows when we will get another chance.

I am pumped and it is only Sunday

Floreat Pica

AFL Club
Collingwood
Cox is at his best when he has a bit of space in front of him and can run and jump at the ball and fully use his height, agree with you when he "stops and props" he is too easily pushed under/off the ball. We need our forward line to play smarter, Mayne and Mihocek need to be utilised as lead up targets and "make" the Richmond defenders pay attention to them, can not allow Rance to play free, Mayne needs to stick to him like glue when he is not leading (or does Goldy play a defensive role)

Grundy also needs to be used as marking forward target.

de Goey, WHE, Stephenson and Thomas need their kicking boots on, we need to convert 80% of our chances into goals, no matter how good they are scoreboard pressure will hurt.....goals goals and more goals.

Greenwood should just wait outside the Richmond race and as soon as they appear, say hello Dusty, get in his head, tackle with intent to hurt and follow him everywhere, then allows Pendles to sit in defense and direct traffic and add some composure, the Tigers forwards will chase, run and tackle all day so we can not afford the turnovers, DO NOT give the ball to someone who is under pressure and do not kick blindly and erratically, be calm under pressure.

Both games this season we have been with them up until 3/4 time (11 points and 4 points down) then got blown away in the last, not good enough, we need to play the whole game , they are not going to stop so nor are we.......believe Pies believe

Phillips, Sidebottom, Stephenson , Treloar, Varcoe need to watch Forrest Gump and run Pies run and then get up and run some more

Attack their weakness, run, chase, harass and tackle with hurt and intent (legally).

Be bold , be brave take ownership of the corridoor, run and attack with zig-zag sling shot handball and cracks will appear in their defence.

Their is a Grand Final berth at stake, who knows when we will get another chance.

I am pumped and it is only Sunday

Floreat Pica
I think Bucks visited and read my post :)

one more half

come on