You learn something new everyday

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
A fun thread to share something you've just learned. Be it a mind blowing fact, observation or skill or something that was clearly obvious but never clicked until now.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
I never took in the fact that Keanu Reeves played the goalie in YOUNGBLOOD starring Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze.

Keanu actually played goalie in high school. At De La Salle College, he was a successful ice hockey goalkeeper. Reeves had aspirations to become a professional ice hockey player for the Canadian Olympic team but decided to become an actor when he was 15

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
We always think, that as far as the solar system is concerned, the Moon is fairly close to the Earth.
We also think some of these other planets are massive (Jupiter's radius 11 times that of Earth's, Saturn's 9.5 times etc)
If you stacked up all the planets in the solar system, they'd fit pretty much exactly between the Moon and the Earth!!!

AFL Club
Melbourne
We always think, that as far as the solar system is concerned, the Moon fairly close to the Earth.
We also think some of these other planets are massive (Jupiter's radius 11 times that of Earth's, Saturn's 9.5 times etc)
If you stacked up all the planets in the solar system, they'd fit pretty much exactly between the Moon and the Earth!!!
The moon is also exactly the right size and distance from earth such that it exactly blocks the sun during an eclipse. Furthermore, the moon rotates on its axis at precisely the correct speed to ensure that the same side of the moon always faces the earth as it orbits our planet.

AFL Club
Sydney
Sharks have existed on earth for longer than trees have.

(Sharks have lived for around 450 million years, whereas the earliest trees were around 350 million years ago.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
The word with the most meanings in English is '(see below)', with 430 senses listed in the Oxford English Dictionary, published in 1989. The word commands the longest entry in the dictionary at 60,000 words.

set

AFL Club
Hawthorn
download.jpeg

Seriously though, my kids love the fact that some turtles breath through their bums. I think it is that they get to say 'bum' to me without any issues which is the attraction for them.

Last edited:

THCLT

BBL05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Just came back from a lunch to farewell one of our engineer.

Whilst making conversation at table, I learnt that one of our maintenance guy is a relative of Harry Perryman. Apparently the Perryman's are quite at depth at footy and there's a few waiting in the wings!

It has only taken me over 11 years to finally become aware of this...Talk about learning something new every day! :)

AFL Club
Essendon
The moon is also exactly the right size and distance from earth such that it exactly blocks the sun during an eclipse. Furthermore, the moon rotates on its axis at precisely the correct speed to ensure that the same side of the moon always faces the earth as it orbits our planet.
I watched Moonfall I know the secret 😜