You learn something new everyday

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Rainbows
I took this picture of rainbows near Apollo Bay a while ago.
Apollo Rainbow.jpg
Not understanding the phenomena that much, I did some Googling.
Actually the mechanics of rainbows are a bit too technical for me to understand and I am not going to try to explain what I read.
But some simplifications are within my capabilities.
Rainbows are formed when sunlight is refracted by water droplets - it can be any water source such as a hose or waterfall, but its usually associated with rain. The sun has to be behind you when you observe the rainbow & the optimum is when the sun is lower in the sky.
In the pic above, there are 2 rainbows..
The primary one on the left is the standard version where the colours are refracted in order of violet (lowest wavelength) to red (highest wavelength).
The secondary rainbow arises when light is refracted twice within the raindrops - and its always fainter & the colour spectrum is in reverse order!
Another interesting thing is that the rainbow effect makes the sky under the arc look substantially paler than the rest of the sky.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rainbows
I took this picture of rainbows near Apollo Bay a while ago.
View attachment 46494
Not understanding the phenomena that much, I did some Googling.
Actually the mechanics of rainbows are a bit too technical for me to understand and I am not going to try to explain what I read.
But some simplifications are within my capabilities.
Rainbows are formed when sunlight is refracted by water droplets - it can be any water source such as a hose or waterfall, but its usually associated with rain. The sun has to be behind you when you observe the rainbow & the optimum is when the sun is lower in the sky.
In the pic above, there are 2 rainbows..
The primary one on the left is the standard version where the colours are refracted in order of violet (lowest wavelength) to red (highest wavelength).
The secondary rainbow arises when light is refracted twice within the raindrops - and its always fainter & the colour spectrum is in reverse order!
Another interesting thing is that the rainbow effect makes the sky under the arc look substantially paler than the rest of the sky.
Now…just gotta check…what happens if there is a third…
View: https://youtu.be/OQSNhk5ICTI

AFL Club
Essendon
Only 8 coaches in VFL/AFL history have won flags as coach at multiple clubs. History is against Clarkson at Nth.
They are.
Frank Hughes
Jack Worrall.
Percy Bentley
Ron Barassi
Allan Jeans

David Parkin

Leigh Matthews
Mick Malthouse.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Only 8 coaches in VFL/AFL history have won flags as coach at multiple clubs. History is against Clarkson at Nth.
They are.
Frank Hughes
Jack Worrall.
Percy Bentley
Ron Barassi
Allan Jeans

David Parkin

Leigh Matthews
Mick Malthouse.
As per this post, 5 weeks ago.

There are many VFL/AFL Coaches with only 1 Premiership to their name.
However, Hawthorn is the only Club to have no Premiership Coaches that only have one career Premiership to their name.
This includes Premiership they Coached at other Clubs, of course.

There are 8 Coaches who have Coached Premierships at 2 different Clubs.
Between them they have Coached 32 flags. Of this list, Malthouse has the least with 3. All 8 have multiple flags at at least one Club. Only Worrall and Barrassi have multiple flags, at multiple Clubs.

Worrall 3 Carl, 2 Ess
Bentley 2 Carl, 1 Rich
Hughes 4 Melb, 1 Rich
Barrassi 2 Carl, 2 Nth
Parkin 1 Haw, 3 Carl
Jeans 1 StK, 3 Haw
Matthews 1 Coll, 3 Bris
Malthouse 2 WC, 1 Coll

10 of Carlton's 16 flags were Coached by someone who also won a flag Coaching another Club!