Leagues 2020 SCS Premier League Premiers: Jibrangers coached by Bomber18

Who is your early premiership favourite...?

• jaca

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Courtesans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bomber18

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Goodie's Guns

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Ricky Bobby

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Erich1036

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Ben's Beasts

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • madmunza

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Impromptu

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
AFL Club
West Coast
Never say never mate, I got lucky over the weekend that 3 or 4 of my guys carried me to a win, still so many under-performers.

One thing we know in the PL is that it isn't over until it's over.
28 1st & 2nd
24 3rd
20 4th
-----------------
16 5th to 13th
12 14th & 15th
8 16th & 17th
4 18th
Na mate, I'm cooked, lol

That's 6 weeks straight of non-stop bad luck for me. Regardless of how the ladder looks... Unless you can get some of that luck in league matchups... You ain't going to win.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Na mate, I'm cooked, lol

That's 6 weeks straight of non-stop bad luck for me. Regardless of how the ladder looks... Unless you can get some of that luck in league matchups... You ain't going to win.
I need your Bandits to get the Guns off my heel as the Doc has his target squarely on my Horses for this round...:LOL:

AFL Club
Hawthorn
So would it be reasonable to assume that there will be a round 18 which then pushes our h2h match ups into a 14 th round before finals?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
1595930720044.png

Another poor week for the SCS PL, dropping again to 8th overall in the league standings.

Match of the Round

TailsPower vs Ron's Badboys
Prediction: The Badboys to get up in an upset by 34 points
Result: Badboys, Badboys, watchya gunna do, watchya gunna do when they...
Sorry but I got nothing, my use of song lyrics in write ups is obviously not a very good idea. Coach David gets the win in the match of the round! Doc is now right in the PL peloton with 16 points and a good tail wind.

Other Matches

PC vs Creekers
Prediction: Creekers to win by 80 points
Result: Well well well, was that karma Creeker? Talking about having beers in pubs while I can only dream of what a pot of sweet sweet ice cold golden nectar tastes like? Very glad to get the win against a top PL coach and stay in touch with the top 8. Difficult for Coach Pete with having to field a delicious Hill donut but getting Gawn in will be worth it in end I am sure. Have no doubt Creekers will bounce back next round.

SuperCoach Scores vs Calebs Kings
Prediction: Calebs Kings to keep SCS towards the lower reaches of the ladder and win by 124
Result: Coach Caleb continues his win loss streak going with a MASSIVE win over Coach Jay. Gawn was a shining light for Mr SCS, but the rest of his team made things tough for him while everything clicked for the Kings posting the highest round score for PL.

Beasts FC vs Courtesans
Prediction: Beasts FC to flex its muscles and win by 62
Result: The Beasts stop for a rest in their climb up the SuperCoach mountain, allowing others to move past on the PL ladder. Coach Keith sees the opportunity and grabs the win. Not what I predicted and certainly not what Coach Ben would have expected. Team Courtesans on the other hand are on a streak, beware whoever plays them next!

MADMUNZA vs Ricky Bobby
Prediction: Ricky Bobby to win in a super tight one by 5 points
Result: Well it was the tightest match of the round but the margin was a bit more than 5. Coach James planted the foot and took Coach Matt on the final corner to cross the finish line first. Team MADMUNZA are worryingly looking over their shoulder as the main group of PL teams are climbing the ladder fast.

FLYING HORSES vs IDIG
Prediction: FLYING HORSES to soar and win by 90

Result: I doubt much is being said in the Mod Forums about this match - I am sure Coach Thanh is fair too nice to mention the result and Coach Mike would be talking about anything and everything but the result (how great South Australia is, what the Bombers need to do next season, isn't Goldy an awesome player etc). Damn tough pulling a score like that IDIG, new round this week and all of PL is cheering you on. Did I mention the FLYING HORSES are top of the ladder?

Jaca's Attackers vs Blaze of Glory
Prediction: Blaze of Glory to coast in an easy one and win by 110
Result: Big round for Blaze of Glory, seemed to have every big score there was. The Attackers put up a very solid score as well but unfortunately it wasn't enough. At least Coach Jason has some extra trades in the next couple of rounds to reset the team a bit. Coach Tom is pedalling quietly in the PL peloton waiting for his moment to make a break.

Maso's Muppets vs Brownies Bandits
Prediction: Brownies Bandits to win by 78
Result: Seemed the Bandits celebrated a little too hard about footy coming back west, with Coach Iain rightly pissed off about the team's performance (not to mention Yeo's appointment with the tribunal). The Muppets followed up on their threat to shake the **** out of the ladder, in fact Coach Craig shook it so hard he managed to climb it a little?

Jibrangers vs Goodie's Guns
Prediction: GG to draw a line in the sand and win by 12

Result: GG drew that line and dodged the clothes hanger the Jibrangers threw at him it seems. Coach Sho put up a very respectable score in a tricky week but it wasn't enough to slow progress of Coach Tim towards that PL premiership!

Thanks for indulging me, I enjoyed the opportunity to do my first PL weekly write up. Happy to pick 6/9 results. Going to be an interesting month of footy ahead, best of luck all!

Last edited:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Thanks for indulging me, I enjoyed the opportunity to do my first PL weekly write up. Happy to pick 6/9 results. Going to be an interesting month of footy ahead, best of luck all!
Great work Jack, your sense of humour is something to behold.
Since you're doing much better than me on the prediction, are you sure you don't want another crack...?:love:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
LG credentials means burning the midnight oil...which is exactly what our 2016 PL champion @Bomber18 is doing.
I sincerely thank him for his offer on such a short turnaround as I know he's also busy plotting a game plan against Blaze of Glory.

A courtesy reminder: Don't forget to reset your VC/C and benches at the start of each round as we start the 1st of 33 games over the next 20 days. Keep an eye of the schedule of games to ensure that you don't 'miss' out on your intended trades.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks @THCLT . That midnight oil has indeed been burning.

I've gone ahead and copied the "template of success" of the previous write ups (with some better colour coordination compared to last round :p )

ROUND 9 PREVIEW

1595947301682.png

The SCS PL story so far:
  • 28 points - two teams - Flying Horses, Goodies Guns
  • 24 points - one team - Beasts FC
  • 20 points - one team - Madmunza
  • 16 points - NINE teams - TailsPower, Creekers, Jibrangers, Calebs Kings, Courtesans, PC, Blaze of Glory, Ricky Bobby, Ron's Badboys
  • 12 points - two teams - IDIG, Brownies Bandits
  • 8 points - two teams - SuperCoach Scores, Masos Muppets
  • 4 points - one team - Jaca's Attackers...

Match of the Round

MADMUNZA vs Courtesans

Only 4 points and 400 odd ranking places separates these two sides in what shapes up to be a blockbuster matchup. After a big upset win against the Beasts FC, Courtesans finds himself with an opportunity to jump to 20 points and push for top four contention. MADMUNZA on the other hand will be looking to bounce back from the disappointing loss last round to keep a distance from the increasingly congested middle rung of the ladder however, a Doedee of headaches for Coach Matt at the selection table might make the task a bit more difficult.

Prediction: The Courtesans to win by 80 points to make it three in a row!

Other Matches

Creekers vs SuperCoach Scores

Coach Pete clashes heads with OG Jay (aka Mr SCS, aka Impromptu and lastly aka winner of SC 2011!) in a battle for the ages. Coach Jay can't seem to forget about the nostalgia of that 2011 SC victory, with one Gary Ablett still warming the benches for old times sake. The sentiment is not lost but unfortunately, it will be little help in his matchup against the Creekers, who will be looking to bounce back from a tough loss against a Hawthorn supporter (aka PC).

Prediction: Creekers to win by 120 points

Beasts FC vs PC

Beasts FC will be looking to bounce back after a round to forget but you know what they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. However, it won't be easy though as he faces PC, who will be looking to continue to put together some more consistent performances after being a bit up and down of late. At the selection table, both coaches own Doedee so will be sweating on that selection with the irregular team releases, being forced to potentially test their benches or cash him in.

Prediction: The class of Beasts FC to shine through to win by 88 pts.

TailsPower vs Caleb's Kings

Coach Adrian faces a massive task up against the Kings, who put in a monstrous performance last round to jump up the ranks in a scorching win last round. The task will no doubt be made tricky by selections in defence for Adrian but one of the newest members of the LG will no doubt be crunching the spreadsheets throughout the night to plot his way to an unlikely victory (also armed with three trades this round!).

Prediction: TailsPower to win by 5 pts - the underdog to find a way!

FLYING HORSES vs Ron's Badboys

Sitting at the top of the Premier League, the Flying Horses are absolutely staying true to its name and are FLYING this season. Coach Thanh thrives when it comes to the BBL style format (being a former BBL overall prize winner), with the non-stop action, rolling teams, endless planning and executing last minute but decisive plans when carnage strikes. Ron's Badboys will certainly have their work cut out and will need to throw everything at the Horses to continue pushing for the top 8.

Prediction: Hard to see the Flying Horses lose this one - the Horses to make it 6 on the trot and win by 95 pts.

Jaca's Attackers vs Ricky Bobby

The Attackers are unfortunately in the lonely company of being the only team on 4 pts and will be looking to rectify that as soon as possible. With the inclusion of the Beard last round the Attacker's gave it their all last round, but unfortunately came up short against a red hot blaze. Coach Jason will be hoping his ultra pod "the Big O" can fire this round in a likely sole ruck role. Team Ricky Bobby on the other hand has been chipping away all year but has had a tough draw, with the second highest points scored against to sit 13th despite a strong ranking.

Prediction: Ricky Bobby’s unfortunate fixturing to continue, another upset win is predicted with Jaca to notch up their second win by 35 pts courtesy of the one and only "Big O".

Maso's Muppets vs IDIG

The perennial SCS PL bridesmaid will want to forget the disappointment of last round as soon as possible. Unwilling to fork out for the Beard and learn from the dark memories (which I also share for the record) of not having Goldy as VC when he scored 221, IDIG will hope the "protege" English can follow in the footsteps of the "master" Grundy sooner rather than later. The Muppets on the other hand will be looking to kickstart its PL season after a red hot victory last round. There is a lot that needs to go right for the Muppets to make a dash for the 8, but with the crazy part of the season about to start, anything is possible.

Prediction: The Muppets to keep the dream alive and win by 121 pts.

Jibrangers vs Blaze of Glory

Last round truly was a Blaze of Glory for Coach Tom, racking up an outrageous score considering he had a donut. The Blaze of Glory and the Jibrangers both find themselves in the logjam of coaches trying to push away from the "losers" and hang out with the cool kids at the top of the PL ladder. Considering the Blaze's form, Coach Sho will find it tough to break away from the "losers". Early whispers suggest that the Jibrangers will join the Lloyd train and the Blaze of Glory will get creative to patch up its defence and bolster its midfield.

Prediction: The Blaze of Glory to continue burning strong and win by 70 pts.

Goodies Guns v Brownie's Bandits

Although they find themselves sitting quite far apart on the SCS PL ladder, don't be fooled, only 2600 odd ranking places and 134 overall SC pts separates these coaches. The Bandits can count themselves somewhat unlucky in the fixturing draw to be sitting just under the logjam of coaches with the 3rd highest points against this season. Meanwhile, GG indeed drew the line in the sand last round and jumped to second place with a performance making everyone else a bit Jelly. Will the Guns continue their run?

Prediction: GG to take another step towards that inaugural SCS PL premiership with a solid 60 pt win.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Solid write up @Bomber18, let’s hope you’re prediction is as accurate as @PC !!
Well done @Bomber18 - luv your work (y) I was going to rage against your prediction for my game, but the team is coming fresh off a loss to Jaca in the Shake'N'Bake league last week so really I have nothing :cautious: Just need to hope and prey that the Big O becomes the Big Zero :p