Discussion 2019: Super Early Player & SC Game Change Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Every week we lament how Ross Lyon ruins our supercoach score. Does Lachie Neale become an uber premium at Brisbane?
I still have some doubts regarding his ability to win the ball on the inside with a stronger body around him. Struggled a bit with Fyfe out this year.

Although it's a small concern and he's someone you gotta have a look at.

AFL Club
West Coast
I still have some doubts regarding his ability to win the ball on the inside with a stronger body around him. Struggled a bit with Fyfe out this year.

Actually he ave 111 with Fyfe out this year and only one sub 100 score. If my memory is right he usually did better with Fyfe out than in. But I agree he is certainly one to look at.

AFL Club
Collingwood

Hodgey & Mitch Robinson will look after him.

Do they tag Rich , Zorko or Neale ?

Ainsworth , Berry , McLuggage , Rayner all developing nicely.

Going to be a exciting team.

AFL Club
Essendon

He had 9, 18, 12, 19 and 22 contested possessions in the 5 games without Fyfe for an average of 16 and averaged 16 in 2016 when Fyfe didn't really play. You may be right in a sense because Viney seemed to give him a hard time up in Darwin but he's had plenty of attention on many occasions and held his own. He is small but he's very stocky, pretty quick and tough. He got tagged a couple of times at seasons end (scored a 120 against Hutchings and a 140 against Greenwood) and you do have to wonder if teams go to him or Zorko next year. I reckon they will both get tagged but Zorko will more often because he has shown he can be tagged successfully and Neale has shown through his career that he can break them. They should be the best short-statured midfield tandem of this millennium :). I'm bullish on him and Yeo as midfielders who will have a bit of pod factor next year.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Neale probably a good pick but doesn't seem a heap of value at 615k. In the mix but doubt he'll force his way into my team. Wingard the only one that stands out to me on that list. Depending on how many lock M/Fs we get he seems very appealing at 487k at the Hawks. Always the risk they spread it around too much (and I think JOM gets a big piece of the pie next season) but you'd think he gets a pretty good SC role with a bit of mid time and plenty of goals.

AFL Club
Sydney
Newman might be worth a watch pre-season if he's assigned the correct position.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Some info for the Dees supporters and maybe a good consideration for Supercoach next year (a Def playing Midfield).

Melbourne footy boss Josh Mahoney has explained what the Demons expect out of new recruit Kade Kolodjashnij.
The Dees acquired Kolodjashnij from the Gold Coast in the Steven May deal at yesterday’s deadline.
The 23-year-old played just eight games this season due to concussion issues, but Melbourne is confident he can overcome those problems and be a key contributor in 2019.
“We are confident his concussion issues are over and we have seen our own success with that with Angus Brayshaw and Neville Jetta who have had concussion issues over the last couple years,” Mahoney told SEN Breakfast.
“We are confident with that. Through our midfield, we think we need more run, we need someone who can play a legitimate role on the wing and halfback.
“Our recruiting team loved Kade when he got drafted five years ago and to be able to bring him in, we know he can play those positions.
“We think he is a really good addition for us in the midfield.”

AFL Club
Fremantle
Some info for the Dees supporters and maybe a good consideration for Supercoach next year (a Def playing Midfield).

Melbourne footy boss Josh Mahoney has explained what the Demons expect out of new recruit Kade Kolodjashnij.
The Dees acquired Kolodjashnij from the Gold Coast in the Steven May deal at yesterday’s deadline.
The 23-year-old played just eight games this season due to concussion issues, but Melbourne is confident he can overcome those problems and be a key contributor in 2019.
“We are confident his concussion issues are over and we have seen our own success with that with Angus Brayshaw and Neville Jetta who have had concussion issues over the last couple years,” Mahoney told SEN Breakfast.
“We are confident with that. Through our midfield, we think we need more run, we need someone who can play a legitimate role on the wing and halfback.
“Our recruiting team loved Kade when he got drafted five years ago and to be able to bring him in, we know he can play those positions.
The Melbourne players will all be wearing headgear if Viney starts training properly. :eek:

AFL Club
Essendon
If they didn't steal points from each other, Carlton could be a gold mine for some players... Cripps, Doch, Newman, Setterfield.. even Fasolo?

AFL Club
Collingwood
If they didn't steal points from each other, Carlton could be a gold mine for some players... Cripps, Doch, Newman, Setterfield.. even Fasolo?
I'm not a Fasolo fan, he doesn't seem to try hard enough. I reckon Carlton erred in trading him, but glad he is gone from the Pies.

AFL Club
Melbourne

KK was great during his rookie year, but seemed to drop off the map after that. I’m hoping he can recapture some of that early promise with the Dee’s. Not sure if he will be SC relevant, but I’ll be watching pre season with keen interest.

AFL Club
West Coast
Newman might be worth a watch pre-season if he's assigned the correct position.
Yes showed heaps in his first year but it went pear shaped this year. Was that a change of position? He played a lot of half back in 2017 but did not play that much this year in that role or in games. Injuries? Rise of Lloyd and return of McVeigh? I can remember reading somewhere leg speed was an issue but FF shows him playing wing this year. What is his position Jaca? Half back?

Status
Not open for further replies.