Discussion 2024: AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion [SCS RDT Group code is 291973]

AFL Club
Fremantle
Need Brodie Smith to outscore Doedee by 157 points, so I am hoping he puts in a blinder :p

None of my POD premiums fired sadly, Jelly, Gaff, Zerrett then injuries to Simpkin and Williamson.

Ah well, will get em next year!

All the best to those still in with a shot, hope it falls your way

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
My RDT elim is going down to the wire:
Me: Doedee
Opponent: Brodie Smith + 15 pts

I’m no doubt under the pump in this matchup so can only hope Saints tag BSmith or he has a stinker. Matched up a tough opponent as I’m projected for 1700+
I see it but I don’t believe it!!!! Alive for another week!

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Strategy in this game will be interesting with less trades then SC, wondering if bench coverage might be just as important as a complete team if byes and best 18 come into play. Thinking about ditching dead wood and keeping the likes of King, Starc, Budarick until they're dropped, injured or out for whatever reason.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any value pick candidates in this format?

Struggling with the way to approach it ... can't see heaps of obvious value yet, and it seems to be the way to go.

Downgrades seem to be generating $250k if we're very lucky, and decent premos seem to be $600k+.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Did Lukosius to DES last night and thinking of Serong to either Higgins or Oliver...though am concerned about the ECurnow tag so likely to go Oliver in the end.

Have a tough matchup in the Eliminator as he has some big hitters as PODs (Macrae (vc), Lloyd, Neale & Walters).

My R8 team as follows:
D: Docherty, Laird, Hurley, Doedee, DES, SHill [Starcevich, Brander]
M: Danger, Titch, Cogs, Yeo, Viney, Whitfield, Serong, Bennell [Stephens, McInerney, Rivers]
R: Gawn, Grundy [Comben]
F: Petracca, Simpkin, Dusty, BSmith, DSmith, Rankin [Sturt, Budarick]

Any thoughts welcomed...

AFL Club
Adelaide
Any value pick candidates in this format?

Struggling with the way to approach it ... can't see heaps of obvious value yet, and it seems to be the way to go.

Downgrades seem to be generating $250k if we're very lucky, and decent premos seem to be $600k+.
Got my eye on Sloane when he comes back from injury, Tom Stewart will be cheap soon as he will be in SC. Generating cash for upgrades does look really hard though and there is still only 28 trades total

AFL Club
Adelaide
Did Lukosius to DES last night and thinking of Serong to either Higgins or Oliver...though am concerned about the ECurnow tag so likely to go Oliver in the end.

Have a tough matchup in the Eliminator as he has some big hitters as PODs (Macrae (vc), Lloyd, Neale & Walters).

My R8 team as follows:
D: Docherty, Laird, Hurley, Doedee, DES, SHill [Starcevich, Brander]
M: Danger, Titch, Cogs, Yeo, Viney, Whitfield, Serong, Bennell [Stephens, McInerney, Rivers]
R: Gawn, Grundy [Comben]
F: Petracca, Simpkin, Dusty, BSmith, DSmith, Rankin [Sturt, Budarick]

Any thoughts welcomed...
Oliver seems to be back in form I would say he is a way safer bet than Higgins. Oliver has had his bye too. I don't mind Andrew McGrath or Zerret as a pod in this format either

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Got my eye on Sloane when he comes back from injury, Tom Stewart will be cheap soon as he will be in SC. Generating cash for upgrades does look really hard though and there is still only 28 trades total
Thanks mate, that gives me some ideas to dig into.

Last night I concluded I would likely get Georgiades and either Simpson or Egg this week, and target Houston and/or Steven next week. Both look decent value where there potentially aren’t a lot of great options until some of the low TOG injury game players return.

Merrett used to be almost best in class in this format. I’m not sure he’ll get back to those heights this year, but he’s durable and has a game in hand, so he’s a premo I would like when I can afford it!

AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks mate, that gives me some ideas to dig into.

Last night I concluded I would likely get Georgiades and either Simpson or Egg this week, and target Houston and/or Steven next week. Both look decent value where there potentially aren’t a lot of great options until some of the low TOG injury game players return.

Merrett used to be almost best in class in this format. I’m not sure he’ll get back to those heights this year, but he’s durable and has a game in hand, so he’s a premo I would like when I can afford it!
I hope you stayed away from egg?

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I luckily avoided Egg here. I was gonna get him but found that I accidentally locked Simpkin on the fwd bench with Buda in the mids. The only wait to fix it was forgo Egg and get Georgiades instead (looking like a win so far!)

Up against it AGAIN in my eliminator, opponent had JKelly and Cogs for a fast start....

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I luckily avoided Egg here. I was gonna get him but found that I accidentally locked Simpkin on the fwd bench with Buda in the mids. The only wait to fix it was forgo Egg and get Georgiades instead (looking like a win so far!)

Up against it AGAIN in my eliminator, opponent had JKelly and Cogs for a fast start....
Same here, not looking good in the eliminator for me, only saving grace is he doesn't have Gawn so i'll probably take advantage of that and Captain him to hopefully pull a few points back.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I urgently need a DEF upgrade to avoid having to take both Egg (E) & Starcevich scores. Was set on getting Oliver but will put that on hold for the round. I currently have Doc, Laird, Hurley & Doedee (Eliminator has Llloyd, Houston & Dawson as PODs).

Have $915K to spend, but still looking for value as I still have 3 MID upgrades to go. Nothing is really screaming 'pick me' in DEF so I have tentatively landed on Crisp for now. Any other suggestion welcomed...