Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Adelaide
It may depend on your bench and starting Sixers whether you end up with an extra DGW in R3 or not.

I currently have 4 Sixers and have 2 Strikers and 1 Scorcher on the bench. So I only need 4 out of my 6 trades over the next two rounds to be full DGW in R3.
That must be with a more value approach though?

In looking to start Carey as back up WK but that eats into the cap a bit

The teams going $42k on all bench spots will struggle to end up full DGW in round 3 if they sew loaded in R1 I assume

AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting - is there something about those sides (eg they mix up their XIs), or is it more just bad luck/bad experience with them?
With Sixers/Thunder in particular in most cases a DGW load seems to backfire on me. I can’t ever pick the right ones in a given DGW. They seem to be 2 teams you can safely back against in a DGW in terms of going all out chasing down every last option.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m currently running with 9 DG players, and trying to work it so that I can loop the other two players. I don’t think I will go with 11 because I can see both Sydney teams losing both their matches, and I am limiting myself to 4 Heat players.

Currently for the SG players I am looping S Marsh with Handscomb and Green with Gurney / Ahmad / Steyn - I am not as settled on a bowler yet. If Marsh and/or Green score well then Handscomb and/or the bowler I end up choosing will become Strikers. Handscomb can also serve a double purpose to switch if my DG keeper fails.
and here I was thinking you would be unveiling your 2 players per team side this season.

So if I understand this correctly if you are playing the bench loops you already have a Striker on your bat bench and bowl bench.

Just curious

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My current team only has 7 DG players, and I'm reasonably happy with everyone in it. Guessing this is not going to be enough?

I do understand the concept that you want to max the number of DG players out so you get two scores from each of those players, but I'm struggling to find enough players from these three teams that I'm confident will get two decent scores (or even 1 good, 1 bad score), let alone two good scores.

I'll probably end up making a few more changes and end up running with 9 DG players, but fully expecting to pick the wrong ones.
In the majority of my iterations I’ve had 8 DGW players. Typically I try to have at least 1 and a maximum of 3 from a team for a DGW to avoid excessively loading up and causing any future problems in upcoming weeks for trading,etc whilst attempting to capitalise on the majority’s tendency to avoid SGW players.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can anybody in the Twitterverse tweet the Sixers to confirm whether Curran and/or Vince will be available for the Sixers first game if their team makes the MSL T20 Final?

I am expecting them to both still be available as they play more than 36 hours after the MSL final concludes but wouldn’t hurt to confirm for team planning purposes..

AFL Club
Carlton
What I'm rolling with at the moment:

Khawaja, Vince, Banton, Hales, Hughes (Green, McGurk)
Philippe (Neilson)
Short, Curran, Abbott, Morris, Laughlin (Conway, Ellis)

Pretty generic, 10 DGW's. Have enough strikers/scorchers to fill out a team in Rd3. Opinions are welcome :)

AFL Club
Adelaide
In the majority of my iterations I’ve had 8 DGW players. Typically I try to have at least 1 and a maximum of 3 from a team for a DGW to avoid excessively loading up and causing any future problems in upcoming weeks for trading,etc whilst attempting to capitalise on the majority’s tendency to avoid SGW players.
This is what I am trying to take advantage of too, if possible. With 3 DGW teams the majority will only choose from those 3 teams. It so happens those 3 teams aren't 3 of the better teams in the comp. Guys like Curran and Morris and Lynn/Cutting yes fine you've got to get them. That 9th to 11th starting spot though I think warrant at least consideration of good SGW options.

There's nothing worse than having to carry a dud for 5 weeks because you got too DGW blinkered in R1.

The same thing applies to those of us playing NBL dream team. Yes doubles are important but you can get too obsessed about them.

AFL Club
Carlton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What I'm rolling with at the moment:

Khawaja, Vince, Banton, Hales, Hughes (Green, McGurk)
Philippe (Neilson)
Short, Curran, Abbott, Morris, Laughlin (Conway, Ellis)

Pretty generic, 10 DGW's. Have enough strikers/scorchers to fill out a team in Rd3. Opinions are welcome :)
Any way to change Hales into Qais? That would be my only suggestion, like it otherwise.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Can anybody in the Twitterverse tweet the Sixers to confirm whether Curran and/or Vince will be available for the Sixers first game if their team makes the MSL T20 Final?

I am expecting them to both still be available as they play more than 36 hours after the MSL final concludes but wouldn’t hurt to confirm for team planning purposes..
and the ECB to make sure they are not in the Test Squad

AFL Club
Collingwood
This is what I am trying to take advantage of too, if possible. With 3 DGW teams the majority will only choose from those 3 teams. It so happens those 3 teams aren't 3 of the better teams in the comp. Guys like Curran and Morris and Lynn/Cutting yes fine you've got to get them. That 9th to 11th starting spot though I think warrant at least consideration of good SGW options.

There's nothing worse than having to carry a dud for 5 weeks because you got too DGW blinkered in R1.

The same thing applies to those of us playing NBL dream team. Yes doubles are important but you can get too obsessed about them.
fair point

people may also be planning to just trade 6 Heat/Thunder players to Scorchers/Strikers in Week 2 & 3 so as to take advantage of their DWG's.

AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Club
Carlton
Interestingly that is the Squad for all 3 Tests , with Hohns stating they can add players if necessary.
Yeah, that was an interesting comment. Suggests they might pull players out of the BBL as concussion subs if necessary. Hopefully they'd pick someone like Pucovski who isn't playing it rather than, for argument's sake, Finch.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
That must be with a more value approach though?

In looking to start Carey as back up WK but that eats into the cap a bit

The teams going $42k on all bench spots will struggle to end up full DGW in round 3 if they sew loaded in R1 I assume
It’s with Carey on the bench and Sutherland and Green as the 42k rookies. One of Wes Agar/Paris also on the bench.

My 9-11 are Laughlin, Henriques and Steketee who I am really only getting because of the DGR. Had Hales over Steketee previously

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, that was an interesting comment. Suggests they might pull players out of the BBL as concussion subs if necessary. Hopefully they'd pick someone like Pucovski who isn't playing it rather than, for argument's sake, Finch.
This concussion sub is causing all sorts of concerns , looks like Neser is being released to play the Shield game this week which is the final round before the break which at least gives him a game in case he is needed.

Ponting was talking about getting Green involved in the Squad for the experience factor but that's not a bad idea of getting Pucovski involved again and using him as sub if necessary.

AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s with Carey on the bench and Sutherland and Green as the 42k rookies. One of Wes Agar/Paris also on the bench.

My 9-11 are Laughlin, Henriques and Steketee who I am really only getting because of the DGR. Had Hales over Steketee previously
Yes I think Carey is the key to that strategy. Green and Agar types may not be that valuable on a DGR or even play both games. Carey however is a good DGR starter.

That's why I think what's the difference between one less DGR in R1 (say Jordan) if it gets you one extra in R3. By "extra" I mean an actually quality DGR starter not a bench cheapie or mid-priced punt.

I'd have to think on that more.