Strategy BBL|09: SuperCoach BBL Trades Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hence the asterisk. If he doesn’t play, I’ll probably combine both trade plans and chase pts this week with Abbott.
be nice if the Stars were honest with the Steyn situation , pity they don't play next until the 27th

be interesting if Pat Brown still plays

or maybe the PCB will just re-call Rauf back and solve everyone's dilemna

AFL Club
Sydney
Given the way things are shaping up for later rounds, I’m actually trading out 2 of my double game players. Huge risk, but I’m not happy with a couple of these players outputs and I want some of the other players in my team for the next two rounds.

Chris Green > C Morris
T Curran > C Jordan
Henriques > D Christian

Personally think that Christian will bowl more from here on and will be a must come his DGR, so am getting in early.

Morris wasn’t that great and still scored 60, big score around the corner.

Jordan has been a shining light in the scorchers so that was a no brainer.

No Rashid this round, but will bring him in for Abbott next round at hopefully an even cheaper price.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
be nice if the Stars were honest with the Steyn situation , pity they don't play next until the 27th

be interesting if Pat Brown still plays

or maybe the PCB will just re-call Rauf back and solve everyone's dilemna
It’s an interesting one. Can’t see how they can leave out the current leading wicket taker but seems a real possibility. Binga reckons keep playing Rauf and drop Lami instead, which would suck for me as a Lami owner.

The late fixture doesn’t affect me as I’m trading out heat/thunder players anyway. It may even work out as a positive if others are scared off by the unknown and need to make their trades earlier in the round...and Rauf takes another 5fa!

AFL Club
Sydney
It’s an interesting one. Can’t see how they can leave out the current leading wicket taker but seems a real possibility. Binga reckons keep playing Rauf and drop Lami instead, which would suck for me as a Lami owner.

The late fixture doesn’t affect me as I’m trading out heat/thunder players anyway. It may even work out as a positive if others are scared off by the unknown and need to make their trades earlier in the round...and Rauf takes another 5fa!
Can they do that if Rauf was only cover for Steyn though? Didn’t think he could be part of the squad once Steyn is included.

AFL Club
Collingwood

That's the part I don't understand and haven't seen it asked or clarified..........................as he is the replacement for Steyn, are they actually allowed to leave out Lami ? and play Steyn & Rauf:unsure:

In the IPL all Squads have 8 players and they are allowed to pick a mximum of 4 each game, lot better rules.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Can they do that if Rauf was only cover for Steyn though? Didn’t think he could be part of the squad once Steyn is included.
snap

they have not clarified that at all whether they can play 2 of Lami, Rauf & Steyn like what happens in the IPL ?

maybe Pat Brown "injures" himself ?

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure to be honest. This is what the article said:

“You can’t drop a guy who has got seven wickets, got the golden cap,” pace great Brett Lee said.

The Stars can only select two of their international trio and also have Nepalese leg-spinner Sandeep Lamichhane in their squad.

Lee said he would unleash Steyn and Rauf, leaving Lamichhane on the sidelines.

Rauf had four wickets in three games for Tasmanian club Glenorchy when he was rushed into the Stars’ squad to replace Steyn, who he lists as his idol.

Edit: can’t link it but it’s from this tweet

AFL Club
Collingwood

“You can’t drop a guy who has got seven wickets, got the golden cap,” pace great Brett Lee said.

The Stars can only select two of their international trio and also have Nepalese leg-spinner Sandeep Lamichhane in their squad.

Rauf had four wickets in three games for Tasmanian club Glenorchy when he was rushed into the Stars’ squad to replace Steyn, who he lists as his idol.

I don't have Twitter to ask this Tom Mitchell character so have just emailed the Melbourne Stars direct to see if they will reply and clarify things, doubt they will reply to be honest

AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't have Twitter to ask this Tom Mitchell character so have just emailed the Melbourne Stars direct to see if they will reply and clarify things, doubt they will reply to be honest
Melbourne Stars
11:37 AM (7 minutes ago)

to me

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

If your enquiry is about one of the following matters, please forward your email to the below address to ensure a quick response:

· Stars Clubs Program & Benefits – starsclub@melbournestars.com.au
· Membership enquiries and membership changes – members@melbournestars.com.au
· Work Experience – recruitment@cricketvictoria.com.au
· Donations – please complete this form - http://www.melbournestars.com.au/community/donations

For all other enquiries, we will endeavour to respond to your email within 72 hours.

If your query is urgent, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 MELB STARS.

Thanks and GO STARS!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Just tell them you won’t renew your membership unless they give you an answer on the Rauf/Steyn situation @Herbie66! That might prompt an answer. :ROFLMAO:
still waiting for the Sixers & Thunder to reply to me about Smudge & Warner, SACA told me the Strikers were having a intra club match and not a real practice match, so my record is not good with Big Bash clubs

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
If you are scraping the barrel chasing a double in part just for the sake of it I’d consider any player in that price range who is going up in price.

These tier 3 players are often DGW traps.

Is there anybody else in that range to look at forgetting about the DGW?
Rauf would be ideal but it’s unclear if he’ll continue to play.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Wildermuth was that guy in any case, may do better on more bowler friendly pitches to come and get more of a bat as well. Otherwise, Dunk is also under consideration if I keep Nair and trade Banton instead. Dunk has two sets of DGWs to come

AFL Club
Collingwood
Given the way things are shaping up for later rounds, I’m actually trading out 2 of my double game players. Huge risk, but I’m not happy with a couple of these players outputs and I want some of the other players in my team for the next two rounds.

Chris Green > C Morris
T Curran > C Jordan
Henriques > D Christian

Personally think that Christian will bowl more from here on and will be a must come his DGR, so am getting in early.

Morris wasn’t that great and still scored 60, big score around the corner.

Jordan has been a shining light in the scorchers so that was a no brainer.

No Rashid this round, but will bring him in for Abbott next round at hopefully an even cheaper price.
like your approach, like your thinking

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Playing around with potential trades and would appreciate thoughts on the preferred move:
A.
Out: U Khawaja, T Banton, C Jewell/S Milenko
In: A Carey, C Jordan, H Kerr/T Cooper

or B.
Out: B Dwarshuis, U Khawaja, B Laughlin
In: C Jordan, A Carey, C Morris/H Rauf
1577064657902.png

B allows me to keep T Banton rather than potentially bringing him back next week as well as grabbing Rauf if he manages a 3rd game (Morris in case he doesn't), assures I can keep C Green, A Carey and B Stanlake over their bye, more options for upcoming trades but means I lose Dwarshius's double (which I'm not overly bothered about).

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys, sorry to bother you all but just looking to get another perspective on my team, have 16,700$ in the bank.

Khawaja, Lynn, Finch, c. Green, Carey (Hales, Wright)

Philippe (Nielsen)

Curran, R.Khan, Jordan, Dwarshius, Nair (Sutherland, Ellis)

Current plan is to go Nair -> Stanlake, Khawaja -> Weatherald/Salt and Hales -> Scorchers batsman but wondering if I am better setup by running with 9 DGR and setting up better by both preparing for Stars Renegades DGR and getting rid of Sutherland/Ellis, any thoughts appreciated.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

Scary article for me as I’m planning to bring in Lamichanne - I will sit on my trades for Stars final teams and will get Rauf if he plays

AFL Club
Essendon
Hey guys, sorry to bother you all but just looking to get another perspective on my team, have 16,700$ in the bank.

Khawaja, Lynn, Finch, c. Green, Carey (Hales, Wright)

Philippe (Nielsen)

Curran, R.Khan, Jordan, Dwarshius, Nair (Sutherland, Ellis)

Current plan is to go Nair -> Stanlake, Khawaja -> Weatherald/Salt and Hales -> Scorchers batsman but wondering if I am better setup by running with 9 DGR and setting up better by both preparing for Stars Renegades DGR and getting rid of Sutherland/Ellis, any thoughts appreciated.
Might be worth cleaning up the bench, but if memory serves correctly you've started well so I'd want to be continuing that. Having said that, 9 DGW players will have you at least keep par with those around you. I like the trades - I'd be going with Salt myself but that's a coin flip

AFL Club
West Coast
Hi All,

I stumbled across your forum after searching for bbl info and after reading a few pages, what a great group and site. Im looking for some advice please.

I have a head to head bet with a mate for most points scored over he year. Not overly worried about my ranking just need to beat him. I have already given him a 328 point head start over the first 2 rounds which isn't great but hoping i can peg it back. Im thinking I need to load up on double gamers but don't want to shoot myself in the foot over the next 3 weeks and cop a 0.

So far I have done Laughlin to Jordan which i think is a no brainer. If i put Green on the field over Ferguson then that gives me 11 DGW but still have 2 trades up my sleeve. Do i trade out the likes of Ferguson and Nair for Stars/Renegades players looking at future rounds or do i use the 2 trades this week to upgrade the likes of Curran/M Short/ A Agar, Henriques

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments