Discussion Cricket Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Roy an average shot there to a fairly innocuous delivery. If he fails 2nd dig I wonder if they’ll drop him.

He doesn’t seem to have the skill set to be successful in red ball cricket at the top. Would probably slide him down and put a proper opener in. That said, England’s dearth of opening bats probably means he plays the whole series there.
doesn't he bat 4 for Surrey ?

bit like Finch , trying to turn him into a Test opener.

don't think they can go back to Jennings or Stoneman , Vince (does he open) , Hameed seems to have dissappeared as quick as he arrived.

SOS to Cook ?

can they take the gloves off Bairstow and try him as a opener ?

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
doesn't he bat 4 for Surrey ?

bit like Finch , trying to turn him into a Test opener.

don't think they can go back to Jennings , Hameed seems to have dissapointed as quick as he arrived.

SOS to Cook ?

can they take the gloves off Bairstow and try him as a opener ?
The logic seems sound given Sehwag, Gayle and Warner have shown aggressive openers can be very effective, but Roy is very much a flat track bully without a plan B in his arsenal. If he’s selected the next couple tests, it’s where we’ll see him shine as the other test venues are traditionally a bit more batsmen friendly.

Edit: Universe Boss’ name has been censored. Haven’t done it myself.

AFL Club
Collingwood
The logic seems sound given Sehwag, ***le and Warner have shown aggressive openers can be very effective, but Roy is very much a flat track bully without a plan B in his arsenal. If he’s selected the next couple tests, it’s where we’ll see him shine as the other test venues are traditionally a bit more batsmen friendly.

Edit: Universe Boss’ name has been censored. Haven’t done it myself.
logic and ability are a lot different though.

Roy looks completely lost and out of his depth at this level , the other 3 can at least defend and bat.

Universal Boss may have played his last ODI v India yesterday , him & Lewis put on quite a show for the first 10 overs apparently

AFL Club
Collingwood
McCullum now appointed head coach of the KKR after being appointed coach of Trinbago Knight Riders for the CPL

AFL Club
Sydney
Could be a broken thumb for bairstow there. Hit the tip of the thumb as he tried to glove it. Have done that before without gloves and I can tell you the result wasn’t pretty. Be interesting to see how well the thumb guard works on his keeping gloves.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gee that was a poor decision. Was always pitching outside leg and reckon it was a fair chance to miss off as well.

Just imagine this seriies without DRS. It would have been a shambles...
I was thinking this as well. Pretty sure it was Gaffaney, so he is supposed to be the reinforcement!