Discussion Cricket Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I knew I recognized that number somewhere!

All my initial guesses were miles off ... which says a lot about him as a player, as it turns out.
The Who am I is not Kieron Pollard if that’s what you are assuming, but the answer is a player from the West Indies.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Who am I is not Kieron Pollard if that’s what you are assuming, but the answer is a player from the West Indies.
I ended up Googling highest ODI averages to scratch the itch, so I know who it is ... now that I do, it makes his record even more remarkable in my view.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I ended up Googling highest ODI averages to scratch the itch, so I know who it is ... now that I do, it makes his record even more remarkable in my view.
Players to have recorded 5000+ runs, 45+ avg and 90+ strike rate in One Day Internationals:
V Kohli
AB de Villiers
V Richards
D Warner
S Dhawan

V Richards is the only player in the above quintet not to have played ODI’s between 2005-2020.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
On the series of players, I’m pretty sure that it’s the list of those who have captained the most Tests, in reverse chronological order in terms of record holders (eg Smith broke Border’s record).

I’m much less clear on who fills the gap. It’s probably a batsman who made a large number of runs, probably for one of the more established Test playing sides of the day, so I’ll say Chappell in lieu of a better guess.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On the series of players, I’m pretty sure that it’s the list of those who have captained the most Tests, in reverse chronological order in terms of record holders (eg Smith broke Border’s record).

I’m much less clear on who fills the gap. It’s probably a batsman who made a large number of runs, probably for one of the more established Test playing sides of the day, so I’ll say Chappell in lieu of a better guess.
Based on @Darkie ’s clue I will say.

Stephen Fleming

Sorry spoiler not working for me at the moment.
Answer-

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ah, I didn’t think of that!

When I thought it was matches as captains/maybe wins as captain, I did think that Ricky was a very notable omission ... although it didn’t make a lot of sense to me that he’d be between Border and Lloyd, given I thought it was a sequence of those who had held the record. Probably no real reason why I should have assumed that, though, other than the wocketkeeping example having been structured that way!

That’s an extraordinary number of runs for Smith - and obviously as captain, and opener. he’s probably under-rated as well.