Discussion Cricket Discussion

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Get him into a BBL side!

I honestly think they should introduce a requirement that every team has one spot on their list reserved for someone from a developing cricket nation like this. I'm sure they could find someone who wouldn't be much lower standard than half the international players we get each year. Even if they aren't up to scratch, the experience they would get being around a professional setup would help these players out far more, even if they don't get a game, and that has to be good for the sport overall. Give each team an extra squad spot if necessary, if they want to keep the 3 international limit.
I quite like this idea.

Cricket does a consistently poor job of expanding its reach in my view. This would be a step in the right direction.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
I quite like this idea.

Cricket does a consistently poor job of expanding its reach in my view. This would be a step in the right direction.
And be clever with adding two more sides.

Add a developing nation list spot or two to established sides. Then introduce two more teams into areas which need encouragement and have a holiday crowd, and give them more leeway.

If you were to do a PNG/Cairns team, you would have to play the games during the day to avoid the likelihood of a late afternoon/evening shower in December and January.

What else is outside the current box?

AFL Club
West Coast
Tim Paine’s brother-in-law, former Tasmanian Shield cricketer Shannon Tubb, was reportedly forced out of Cricket Tasmania amid a sexting probe involving the same woman that Paine was involved with, reports the Herald Sun.

It’s alleged Tubb left his coaching position after investigations into X-rated messages sent to the woman, a junior staffer, who former Australian Test captain Paine sent an unsolicited photo of his genitalia to.

Tubb is married to Paine’s sister.

Unbelievable ….

AFL Club
West Coast

:oops:

There has been a positive update to the condition of Jeremy Solozano after he was rushed to hospital following an ugly head knock during the West Indies’ test against Sri Lanka.

Solozano was fielding close in at short-leg when Dimuth Karunaratne attempted a full-blooded pull shot off the bowling of Roston Chase and the ball crashed into the fielder’s helmet grill.

Medical staff attended to him on the ground before he was taken on a stretcher to a waiting ambulance which took him to hospital.

It came after a delay of several minutes where Solozano lay still on the ground as teammates and officials gathered around him on the opening day of the First Test at the Galle Stadium.

Later he was transferred to Colombo where he underwent scans.

Doctors initially suspected he had suffered internal bleeding as a result of the force of the strike.

However, the West Indies have now announced the scans have shown there was no structural damage and no internal bleeding.

He remains in hospital and is continuing to be monitored for concussion symptoms.

AFL Club
West Coast
Richo has 20 wickets so far in the Sheffield Shield season at an average of 12.6 from his four games :cool:

If Starc wasn't a left armer, he would not be in the conversation for the first test.

As far as I am concerned, Richo could not not of done more to press his claims for the first test - he is a far superior bowler to Starc.