Discussion Darts Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Continuing the theme of seeded players losing early in the tournament, I would love to see Devon Petersen defeat Michael Van Gerwen tomorrow morning.

Vastly improved this year thanks to the tutelage from Wayne Mardle and hopefully can build on his recent maiden title win with a deep run in the Grand Prix.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You won't need to wait too long. Kept it simple and just went for the winners of a few matches rather than most 180's etc.

If you do have any tips for future days, I'll be happy to consider them, no pressure though.
Joe Cullen VS Johnny Clayton Over 4.5 Sets ($2.62)

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Simon wasn't as good in this match but solid and sometimes better than solid pegging out and more consistent scoring than King.
Can't see him getting past MVG but would love him to.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Simon wasn't as good in this match but solid and sometimes better than solid pegging out and more consistent scoring than King.
Same. Has too many periods where he doesn’t capitalise on his advantage in the leg or misses vital doubles at key stages.

Should feature lots of 100+ checkouts and hopefully they can go all the way.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton

Same. Has too many periods where he doesn’t capitalise on his advantage in the leg or misses vital doubles at key stages.

Should feature lots of 100+ checkouts and hopefully they can go all the way.
Thought your reply to my quote needed a rerun also.

As i said after his first round it was the best darts Simons played for years, dropped a little as posted against King but lifted again even further than round 1 against MVG who didn't play badly but just had no answer to Simons relentless doubling (both in and out).

Good luck for two more magic matches Mr Wizard.

This puts him back in the top 16 and as stated by Simon after the match he felt he was owed the late entrance after having to withdraw from a tournament some years ago after suffering a broken leg

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thought your reply to my quote needed a rerun also.

As i said after his first round it was the best darts Simons played for years, dropped a little as posted against King but lifted again even further than round 1 against MVG who didn't play badly but just had no answer to Simons relentless doubling (both in and out).

Good luck for two more magic matches Mr Wizard.

This puts him back in the top 16 and as stated by Simon after the match he felt he was owed the late entrance after having to withdraw from a tournament some years ago after suffering a broken leg
Hopefully we get a D Chisnall VS S Whitlock final and Whitlock can continue to hold his spot in the top 16 over the coming tournaments.