Discussion EPL Dream Team Discussion - Season 2020/21

AFL Club
Collingwood
128 for me with Bale 20 on the pine.
Saw Bale get a brace after his cameo and immediately thought of that lucky bastard who blew all their transfers 10 weeks too early.
I thought there'd be so many MIA's, you would have been forced to start him and hope for a 'Hail Mary'. :cry:

AFL Club
Melbourne
Saw Bale get a brace after his cameo and immediately thought of that lucky bastard who blew all their transfers 10 weeks too early.
I thought there'd be so many MIA's, you would have been forced to start him and hope for a 'Hail Mary'. :cry:
In hindsight i should have gambled on him instead of Dunk away to Arsenal.

To go 10 weeks and finish 54th from 88th with no trades is a miracle really especially
when Grealish was out for most of them and Tierney too for some plus the fact Bale was only
a sub a lot of the time.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 121
Rd Rank: 631
Overall Rank: 13 (from 10)

Unfortunately fielded Digne and Azpilicueta who recorded a combined -7 but luckily received the 26 from De Bruyne thanks to Fernandes missing, as I fell asleep before team sheets were announced. Thoroughly enjoyed my 2nd attempt at EPL and congratulations to all those who recorded career bests/high finishes, especially @PressurePoint , @vsberlina and @Goodie's Guns. Looking forward to going around again next season.

Rank History:
1621931603115.png
1621931620437.png

Trade History:
1621933218774.png
1621933197441.png
1621931645167.png

AFL Club
Collingwood
Traded

Fernandes - > Willock (too late in the season)
Mendy - > Alisson

Benched Digne , Pulisic & DCL

Ended up

Alisson
Azpi , Cresswell , Dias , TAA
Alli , JWP , Lingard , Willock (VC)
Kane , Salah (C)

ended up with 7.7 million in the Bank , pity I can't withdraw it or use it next season 😀

Congrats to all who played and those with high finishes

To @vsberlina , thanks for your advice , comments and insights during the season certainly added a lot of value to this thread

Cheers

EDIT just read that Azpilicueta got a red card in the 89th minute 😢
Cheers mate. Hope to see you and everyone else back here in a few months (which will feel like a few days really).

AFL Club
Collingwood
In hindsight i should have gambled on him instead of Dunk away to Arsenal.

To go 10 weeks and finish 54th from 88th with no trades is a miracle really especially
when Grealish was out for most of them and Tierney too for some plus the fact Bale was only
a sub a lot of the time.
Yeah, always start a benched attacker (if you're confident they'll see time) instead of a DEF from a mediocre team (you should never have owned Dunk in the first place) with a tough game. Given DEF lose 2 pts for every goal after the first one, they can score minus. At best, they might get a CS, but the attacker can come on for 5 minutes and get a goal (or two) or an assist, which are the same as a CS. This game is all about risk reward, but we sometimes forget and try the Steve Bradbury game plan.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, always start a benched attacker (if you're confident they'll see time) instead of a DEF from a mediocre team (you should never have owned Dunk in the first place) with a tough game. Given DEF lose 2 pts for every goal after the first one, they can score minus. At best, they might get a CS, but the attacker can come on for 5 minutes and get a goal (or two) or an assist, which are the same as a CS. This game is all about risk reward, but we sometimes forget and try the Steve Bradbury game plan.
Dunk was the 11th highest scoring defender.
15 x double figure scores {7 for me}

AFL Club
Collingwood
140 final week score thanks to generous contributions from Ederson and KDB.
Was tempted to capt KDB but felt he'd get subbed at HT.
Salah going for the Golden Boot along with Kane were the more obvious choices, with Salah the better fixture.

Finished 5th overall in the end. After being 1,579th after 4 GWs, I never thought I'd make the top 100, least the top 10.
I guess happy in the end, but I did get to 3rd by GW31 and was only 36pts from the top.
Maybe if City had been knocked out of the Champions League, things would have been different, but it's those side comps that make this game more interesting, as it creates rotation and differentials.

Congrats to Andrew (The New Originals) with a massive last GW score to easily clinch the title after being a whopping 38 pts behind going into the last week. I think I might have another go trying to convince him to join our league next season.

My beloved Starting 11 groups took out top 2 League spots again.
I think that run will definitely come to an end next season when the combined new S11 / SCS League sets a benchmark never before seen.

Gonna be tough next season, given we'll all have 5 Pool DEF at the start. :LOL:

AFL Club
Collingwood
Dunk was the 11th highest scoring defender.
15 x double figure scores {7 for me}
In this game though, given we have the option of a 3-5-2 formation, you need to look at averages for DEF, not totals.

The reality is, you wouldn't be starting him every week based on average, and picking their good week is too hit and miss.
Given we can have a strong bench, it's not a problem if a player goes MIA.
An Alonso / Chilwell combo would be better than a Dunk, if you were around for team news and could swap to the starter.
If one got injured, it wouldn't matter as the other would then become the sure starter, so no need to waste a transfer.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks like cut-off for the Super League is at 144 rank for this season.
Anyone just outside that and wishing to join will have to hope those above them decline their invitation.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe De Gea should have tried using his head too.
He looked 'bought'. He was either bribed, or wants out. They shoulda let him ago a few years back when he wanted to go back to Spain.
I think Real Madrid wanted him. They got Courtois so now that door is shut. This was revenge for that?