Competitions F1 Fantasy

AFL Club
Collingwood
Happy that sainz managed to get back up to P4.

Not so happy that Zhou will start p20 - I had him in my team for the whole fortnight only to back out and take Schumacher on Friday night after P1. He'll clean up on overtaking points you'd think, good chance of being a trade in target next round

AFL Club
North Melb.
Hayes on field
Whitfield
Macrae (c)
Butters
BSmith traded in
Petracca traded in
Dow on field
Ricciardo traded in
Verstappen traded out
LeClerc (c)

What a crappy fantasy weekend.

AFL Club
Melbourne
632pts i make mine.
I dumped Max who was my C but i only lost 13pts altogether.
Perez and RB in made up for it and dumping Sainz too.

AFL Club
West Coast
Ferrari appear to have a car that has pace and is well suited to quick tracks such as Imola and Bahrain. They could be useless on turning tracks like Monaco. Will monitor this with interest.

AFL Club
Carlton
Don't think I've ever seen this little of the circle...
f1.PNG
Honestly given league matchups aren't a thing (which should mean I can drop out of the group with no penalty to everyone else) in this I'll probably drop this format. I didn't really want to do it at the start of the season and this post from last season keeps coming back to me and makes it hard to enjoy the races for what they are:
This is how I feel. Brought in Norris and Perez this round. With 5 laps to go I had the podium, now I feel empty lol. It feels like we can either wish for a good race or a good fantasy result, but never both at the same time!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't think I've ever seen this little of the circle...
View attachment 43333
Honestly given league matchups aren't a thing (which should mean I can drop out of the group with no penalty to everyone else) in this I'll probably drop this format. I didn't really want to do it at the start of the season and this post from last season keeps coming back to me and makes it hard to enjoy the races for what they are:
I'm really sorry I contributed to this!

If it helps at all - years of playing fantasy (and betting on races to a limited extent) have taught me that when you're watching a race and things aren't going your way, I find it useful to essentially try to forget the fantasy aspect and enjoy what is happening in front of you for what it is. Without going back to the post dates, I'm guessing that was Russia - and it was hard not to be entertained by the late rain!

574 for me. Sainz lost $1.4M though so I feel that will hurt me a lot in future rounds

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 534
Rd Rank: 898
Overall Rank: 726 (from 659)

Trades were:
Out: M Verstappen and K Magnussen
In: G Russell and S Perez

Current team (pre trades):
D3CC8105-FF2E-417D-91C4-D14DCCFEB552.jpeg

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've prepared some driver and teams break evens going into round 5. Lockout is at 6am on Sunday (Melbourne time).

Drivers: Bottas -17, Albon -15, Zhou 5, Stroll 6, Tsunoda 6, Latifi 12, Norris 17, Schumacher 19, Magnussen 20, Perez 25, Vettel 33, Dan Ric 40, Leclerc 43, Ocon 51, Gasly 52, Alonso 55, Russell 56, Sainz 139, Max 140, Hamilton 184

Teams: Williams -17, Alfa -8, Haas 13, Aston 17, Alpha 34, McLaren 47, Alpine 75, Red Bull 104, Ferrari 123, Mercedes 157

Could this be as cheap as Red Bull get?
Worryingly it could be. A perfect score last round and even with Max's DNF in Melbourne still in the system, they look like they are on the way up. It likely means loading up on cheap drivers/teams elsewhere, but can you afford not to have 1 or 2 Red Bull cars in your setup?

The Cheaper drivers/teams?
Bottas and Albon (who did exactly what coaches wanted him to do last race) will both make handy cash next round, whilst others around them lose value. Alfa Romeo and Williams provide similar opportunities whilst Haas aren't too far away again.

Trades
Won't know until after free practice. But will likely be one of the options below:
1. Ocon to Bottas and Haas to Alfa
2. Ocon to Zhou, Haas to Alfa, Ferrari to Red Bull