Opinion Rate My Team

Thank goodness the wait is over - been trawling over this almost every other night for the past couple of weeks but I've finally settled on a lineup I'm happy enough with in my first foray into supercoach for a long time.

Went a little mid-price mad in spots, probably a little on the cookie cutter side but I've also kind of gone all-in to some degree on players returning from injury and 2nd / 3rd yr midfielders who look like getting more time in the middle this year so hopefully it pays off.

Too late to change anything now I guess - time to sit down and enjoy the footy!

Attachments

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm going to need some last minute advice from you guys as well. Between work, a kid starting school and study, I've had very little time to research SC this year. Here's what I've come up with:

Whitfield, Williams, B.Smith, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma, (Burgess, Hore)
Macrae, Cripps, Coniglio, MCrouch, Brayshaw, Walsh, Butters, Scott, (Constable, Atkins, Gibbons)
Gawn, Goldstein, (Bines)
Danger, D.Smith, Heeney, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew, (Petruccelle, Parker)

With over 200k left over, I'm wondering if I upgrade Goldy to Grundy, or Brayshaw to say an Oliver, Treloar, Fyfe etc.
Any other suggestions are welcome on how I might use this money?

Have I missed any obvious rookies, pending teams. Is Collins? worth the cash. Hately etc.

I'm still not sure I'll start either of the B or D Smith.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Looks good to me, if you started with this I think you'd be just fine. That said, a few ideas:

- I like Collins, but I like Moore more. I have both.
- D Smith had a bicep injury, maybe not a big issue but I think there's modest upside and more downside as a starting pick. Gray and Dunkley seem fairly safe and popular alternatives.
- No obvious rookies you've missed in my view other than the above.
- I don't love Petrucelle and gather he has questionable JS.
- Personally I'm increasingly happy starting a Goldy over Grundy. Grundy had a toe injury in pre season and I think is highly unlikely to outperform his price early. You have other C options.
- Fyfe has had a slight elbow issue but he could be appealing as a C option who is discounted.
- Cogs and Brayshaw look like increasingly popular picks, but Neale and Oliver seem like low risk alternatives. Oliver had shoulder surgeries but did well in JLT.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 7511
After a lot of fiddling, hair tugging and confusion, I've arrived at what I think is my final side. I've gone for the GnR approach, choosing instead to include a couple of PODs in order to hopefully get myself off to a flyer. I'm so excited for the footy tonight.

Let me know what you think!
Looks really good mate, very hard to fault. If I was to consider changes, they would be to Steele, Kelly and/or Darling, but with 14 premiums they're not all going to be everyone's first choice! You could do a lot worse than those three in any case, and there are clear arguments for each,

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
So here is the final, I haven't changed in 3 days now, so it's now open for comment.

View attachment 7525
PS.... Zac Williams was my 31st selected player ;-)
Could be the deepest starting midfield ever! I think this means you're essentially short the 4th/5th/maybe 6th best pure mid rookies vs a large number of other good sides, so I would consider whether that is a bet you are keen to make.

Chopping your least favourite of your midpriced mids would be something I would seriously consider. You look to be short one def and your forwards are a bit weak from Petrucelle on. Smith and Williqms could help balance out your structure if you decide you're not happy backing this one. I also wouldn't complain if you cut Lloyd to Andrews or similar to help fund a rebalance.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thank goodness the wait is over - been trawling over this almost every other night for the past couple of weeks but I've finally settled on a lineup I'm happy enough with in my first foray into supercoach for a long time.

Went a little mid-price mad in spots, probably a little on the cookie cutter side but I've also kind of gone all-in to some degree on players returning from injury and 2nd / 3rd yr midfielders who look like getting more time in the middle this year so hopefully it pays off.

Too late to change anything now I guess - time to sit down and enjoy the footy!
Looks pretty good. If you're still inclined to tinker (rolling lockout), Brayshaw from Freo and McGrath are very POD and I'm not sure they are the best mid priced options. Good luck.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Def: Whitfield, Williams, Smith, Collins, Clark, Scrimshaw (Burgess, Duursman)
Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Coniglio, Walsh, Smith, Butters, Hateley (Atkins, Constable, Scott)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
Fwd: Danger, Smith, Heeney, Mclean, Setterfield, Drew (Balta, Parker)

Got $134k in the bank. Worried about how thin my midfield is but don't think I can find the cash to upgrade Smith the Crouch without downgrading Gawn to Goldy...
Some initials on the Smiths please, plenty of them mid eligible....

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Could be the deepest starting midfield ever! I think this means you're essentially short the 4th/5th/maybe 6th best pure mid rookies vs a large number of other good sides, so I would consider whether that is a bet you are keen to make.

Chopping your least favourite of your midpriced mids would be something I would seriously consider. You look to be short one def and your forwards are a bit weak from Petrucelle on. Smith and Williqms could help balance out your structure if you decide you're not happy backing this one. I also wouldn't complain if you cut Lloyd to Andrews or similar to help fund a rebalance.
Could well be.. Butters and Hateley are two I'd like to start.... damn more changes. I was happy too.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bailey Smith in the mid and Devon in the forwards, but this team changed 20 times since I posted it last so Bailey didn't make the cut
Brodie was hanging around for good measure. And Issac could be a could pick this year, run as many as you can I say!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Could well be.. Butters and Hateley are two I'd like to start.... damn more changes. I was happy too.
For what it's worth I've got Butters and not Hately. Butters hs a modest record though, I think I might prefer Hatelt I feel he hadn't had tonsillitis and I felt I was confident that GWS were short on mids medium term.

No need to change it if you're confident, but i suspect your season couldn't swing on the performance of your mid pricers, and the performance of the mid rookies you don't take as a result.