Discussion Round 1: Teams & In Game Discussion

AFL Club
West Coast
Already had the Andrew variety of Braywhaw locked in; other variety will never stain my team again.

That said, anyone else have NFI what's going on with their team? Interesting 24 hours.
Yes, since the panic set it (Covid-19 panic) I was of the belief that the season certainly wouldn't be starting this week so stopped paying attention... it feels a little like I am completely underprepared now....

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Already had the Andrew variety of Braywhaw locked in; other variety will never stain my team again.

That said, anyone else have NFI what's going on with their team? Interesting 24 hours.
Yes to both. One Brayshaw is not making my team again after last year, but may still lock in another one. I'm probably crazy for even contemplating it.

Haven't touched my team since the weekend, normally I'd be changing it multiple times a day at this stage with every team announcement. Still think it odd the AFL will likely be going ahead, surely it's more than 100 people in the one area, but just have zero excitement level for the AFL right now, knowing it's a compromised season at best.

AFL Club
Essendon
Yes to both. One Brayshaw is not making my team again after last year, but may still lock in another one. I'm probably crazy for even contemplating it.

Haven't touched my team since the weekend, normally I'd be changing it multiple times a day at this stage with every team announcement. Still think it odd the AFL will likely be going ahead, surely it's more than 100 people in the one area, but just have zero excitement level for the AFL right now, knowing it's a compromised season at best.
Must say I agree. Was tinkering every day for weeks and in the last week have been stuck to the rolling news updates. Motivation dropped as didn't even know what the season would look like let alone when the first game of round 1 is - do we even know yet?

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes, since the panic set it (Covid-19 panic) I was of the belief that the season certainly wouldn't be starting this week so stopped paying attention... it feels a little like I am completely underprepared now....
Same here. Feels like I’m in high school again and left an assignment until the very last minute.

AFL Club
Richmond

I too was in the “other” Brayshaw boat last year, and am not going down that path again, but what’s the bet we’re cursing him again,but for the opposite reason this season. The SuperCoach gods work in mysterious ways.

Good season to just have some fun with I think guys. Take joy where you can over the coming months :cool:

On that note I’d like to welcome Connor Rozee to my side.
I think if he can push 88+ that would be a worthwhile selection with the likely difficulties in ‘upgrading’ this year. I think value picks that will outsource their price tag will be more important than previous years.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jack Steven being out has left my structure in shambles. Lynch gets locked in tomorrow night which makes it tricky to choose him.

Almost wouldn't mind the AFL to delay the season to put me out of my misery :ROFLMAO:
I’ll be very surprised if we get any games of footy in the near future. Big hole to fill on the weekends.

Good opportunity to get to know the missus, she seems nice from all reports.

AFL Club
Richmond
Me too, I've switched off but seems like they are playing now so I'll scramble the next 2 days trying to work out what to do again.

What are peoples' thoughts on some of these 'unsexy' selections? Lewis Jetta (def), Jed Anderson, Chris Mayne, Josh Daicos (mids), Jy Simpkin and Brett Bewley (fwds)...

Anyone got any others no one's really talking about...?

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Has anyone ever believed anything Chris Scott says in the past , is Steven out for sure , do any cats fans know anything here
I think he is just being the sacrificial lamb to get match fitness into Selwood and Duncan early because of the likely rotational aspect to this season.