Strategy Round 13: Trades

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Logue is one I think many won’t be that aware of but who should hopefully be able to establish a position with Pearce out and have better JS than others and be decent cover on the run home.
Don’t think I could go early given his durability to date, though, plan to wait.
Hear, Hear.
Entertaining the idea of either Logue/Naish replacing Duursma for D7 in RD15.

Hawk

50 Games Club
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm still liking Duursma as a keeper. Looks like he's first choice in your side, Connoisseur. Pairs well with Answerth at M11 as well. Could be very handy cover if he has a good game, even D6 worthy. Having been burned in the past by trading out my decent rookies, I am trying to be a little safer so I don't have to field a 30-40 type (Answerth) score if a Williams type misses for a week or 2 in the latter end of the season.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue is one I think many won’t be that aware of but who should hopefully be able to establish a position with Pearce out and have better JS than others and be decent cover on the run home.
Don’t think I could go early given his durability to date, though, plan to wait.
No doubt

Logue plays out the year in the Freo 22 assuming he remains fit...like you say, that's the big question mark though

Steuby

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have currently played with the idea of:
Baker -> Boak/Daniel
Hore -> Ryan/Blakely
Clark (via Answerth DPP) -> Bont / Zerrett (has WCE and GWS coming up which is less than ideal)

AFL Club
North Melb.
Appreciate some advice:
Mapping ahead the trades I've got left for the year it's likely I'll only be able to 'upgrade' one of Jack Darling or Angus Brayshaw into a proper premium. So this year goes.

Anyway, given their upcoming bye, which would be more important for the rest of the year:
Darling -> Boak
Brayshaw -> Bont/Macrae
Darling -> Robbie Gray (riskier but saves a downgrade cash wise and thus a trade).

Appreciate some advice:
Mapping ahead the trades I've got left for the year it's likely I'll only be able to 'upgrade' one of Jack Darling or Angus Brayshaw into a proper premium. So this year goes.

Anyway, given their upcoming bye, which would be more important for the rest of the year:
Darling -> Boak
Brayshaw -> Bont/Macrae
Darling -> Robbie Gray (riskier but saves a downgrade cash wise and thus a trade).
I’d probably keep Darling.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Appreciate some advice:

Darling -> Boak
Brayshaw -> Bont/Macrae
Darling been pretty good of late. I’d look to upgrade Brayshaw for sure.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
I’d probably keep Darling.
Agree to keep darling also, ive started him and going to be doing the same. Have Hoff aswell so will play them at f6/f7 for the season.
West coast have a decent run home with a fair few optus stadium games where I can see him going 110+

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That will throw a bit of a spanner into the works with R13 upgrades - will have to go back to the drawing board on the MBR trade sequence now that Burgess, Walsh and ROB will make more cash (might be able to swing that final rookie upgrade in the mids).
Personally think if the plan was to trade Burgess, still go ahead and do it. He’ll probably have a score of 20-50 like he usually does and it will provide minimal or no additional points (if he’s the 19-22nd scorer). Along with that he’ll make maybe another 20k with a 46 which isn’t a lot of money anyway.

He’s done his job and more by giving a 72 in this bye round which I’m sure was actually very valuable. The chances he does that again are very minimal imo after seeing his scoring patterns all year and the role he is in.

Personally think if the plan was to trade Burgess, still go ahead and do it. He’ll probably have a score of 20-50 like he usually does and it will provide minimal or no additional points (if he’s the 19-22nd scorer). Along with that he’ll make maybe another 20k with a 46 which isn’t a lot of money anyway.

He’s done his job and more by giving a 72 in this bye round which I’m sure was actually very valuable. The chances he does that again are very minimal imo after seeing his scoring patterns all year and the role he is in.
The thing that is making me think twice is that I watched his full game yesterday and he looked good in defence - took a few contested intercept marks, clean with the ball under pressure and good defensively in most contests.

I'm not keeping about him in the longer term but I think he's gone from being first out to one of the last out in round 14 or 15 now.

I reckon he might have another good performance in him against St Kilda before their bye which will help and I think Baker and Answerth might be out the door first now.

AFL Club
North Melb.
The thing that is making me think twice is that I watched his full game yesterday and he looked good in defence - took a few contested intercept marks, clean with the ball under pressure and good defensively in most contests.

I'm not keeping about him in the longer term but I think he's gone from being first out to one of the last out in round 14 or 15 now.

I reckon he might have another good performance in him against St Kilda before their bye which will help and I think Baker and Answerth might be out the door first now.
I tend to agree. I thought he did a decent job on Brown so he may be able to score similarly against teams with big forwards.

AFL Club
Carlton

He's listed as injured, hurt his leg. No stats for the last quarter and tog only 77%. You might have to wait for Tuesday or Wednesday to see if it keeps him out for an extended period.

He's listed as injured, hurt his leg. No stats for the last quarter and tog only 77%. You might have to wait for Tuesday or Wednesday to see if it keeps him out for an extended period.
It was cramp later in in the third quarter - he started the last quarter on the ground and looked ok.

I thought he'd gained 10-odd points in the last quarter before scaling and an FA on brown and didn't seem overly impaired?

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
It was cramp later in in the third quarter - he started the last quarter on the ground and looked ok.

I thought he'd gained 10-odd points in the last quarter before scaling and an FA on brown and didn't seem overly impaired?
ok cool, wasn't sure, didn't see the game. Hope it works out then.