Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 2000-2049

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Less than 2000

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Essendon
I have seen comments on the BF crows board suggesting that ROB should play ahead of JJ even when Sauce is back.
I'd imagine ROB would be used in tandem with Sauce in the ruck when Sauce comes back in the short term at least. JJ is still & always will be a much better forward.

ROB looks a poor mans Bellchambers up forward.

AFL Club
Carlton
Forward donut highly likely this week if all the rumours are true.
Luckily they are rumours at this stage...
Yeah. if I had a forward out would really screw my trading plans this week. I was planning to hold Setterfield for now but he might need to be traded instead of Burgess if a forward I need playing is out.

AFL Club
Carlton
AFL Teams: See all the ins and outs for Round 5

Al Paton, Herald Sun

6 minutes ago

Subscriber only

Sydney star Isaac Heeney could miss the Swans’ huge clash against Richmond with a hip injury.

Heeney missed training on Tuesday after copping a knock late in the Swans’ loss to Melbourne last Thursday night.

AFL DAILY: FOLLOW ALL TODAY’S FOOTY NEWS LIVE

WHISPERS: INSIDE WORD ON STARS AND ROOKIES

EXPERT ADVICE: THE PHANTOM’S SUPERCOACH Q&A

The gun forward had 23 disposals against the Demons and has kicked five goals in the past two weeks.

“Isaac Heeney took a pretty heavy knock to his hip on Thursday night,” Swans footy boss Charlie Gardiner said last night.

“He was pretty ginger just after it but was able to run out the game, which was a good sign.

“He pulled up a little bit sore after the game, he’s been worked on by our medical team.

“He’ll likely train Thursday and hopefully come up to play for Saturday.”

Isaac Heeney is battling a hip injury.

Gardiner said former Geelong recruit Daniel Menzel was about a week away from a return to footy, most likely in the NEAFL.

If Heeney misses it will be a huge blow for Sydney and more than 70,000 SuperCoach players. But in better SuperCoach news, Ross Lyon has delivered the news Dockers fans were waiting to here: Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe will play against GWS.

“100 per cent yes (he will be playing),” Lyon said on Seven News in Perth last night. “He passed his cog-state yesterday, he trained fully today. Really vibrant, in a sense freshened, so we’re quite excited by his return.”

Fyfe missed the western derby with concussion after a sickening clash of heads with St Kilda’s Josh Battle.

But Fremantle’s injury cursed midfielder Harley Bennell has suffered yet another setback, complaining of calf soreness after a training session yesterday.

“(He) tightened up a little bit so we sent him for precautionary scans,” Lyon said.

“That came back with no abnormalities but we’ll see how it is tomorrow.

“The plan is for him, everything going smoothly from here, is to play not this week but the following week which is exciting for Harley because he’s been through a fair bit.”

ROUND 5 TEAMS

Thursday

Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Gabba 7.35pm

LIONS

TBC

MAGPIES

TBC

Friday

North Melbourne v Essendon, Marvel 4.20pm

KANGAROOS

TBC

BOMBERS

TBC

West Coast v Port Adelaide, Optus Stadium 8.10pm

EAGLES

TBC

POWER

TBC

Saturday

GWS Giants v Fremantle, Manuka Oval 1.45pm

GIANTS

TBC

DOCKERS

TBC

Melbourne v St Kilda, MCG 4.35pm

DEMONS

TBC

SAINTS

TBC

Richmond v Sydney, Marvel Stadium 7.25pm

TIGERS

TBC

SWANS

TBC

RELATED CONTENT

Star’s monster bedroom announcement

Star’s monster bedroom announcement

Raceday focus: Bendigo

Raceday focus: Bendigo

Sunday

Western Bulldogs v Carlton, Marvel Stadium 1.10pm

BULLDOGS

TBC

BLUES

TBC

Adelaide v Gold Coast, Adelaide Oval 4.40pm

CROWS

TBC

SUNS

TBC

Monday

Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG 3.20pm

HAWKS

TBC

CATS

TBC

AFL Club
St Kilda
Getting cynical in my old age but these Heeney stories scream absolute clickbait to me.

Knock to the hip but played out the game and woke up sore so he didn't train Tuesday? That does not sound like an out to me.

If he didn't have 70,000 Supercoach owners keen to click on that kind of story, would it be written?

AFL Club
Carlton
Getting cynical in my old age but these Heeney stories scream absolute clickbait to me.

Knock to the hip but played out the game and woke up sore so he didn't train Tuesday? That does not sound like an out to me.

If he didn't have 70,000 Supercoach owners keen to click on that kind of story, would it be written?
yeah, I fully expect him to play at moment. He played out game and sure was sore, but he played sore ok, and no reason he won't want to again and let it just get better in next week. They do not play until Saturday night and that news was from Tuesday. Far more likely to play imo, than not.

AFL Club
Essendon

Knock to the hip but played out the game and woke up sore so he didn't train Tuesday?

Sounds like my 180 odd game senior career at local level...and most others :cool:

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Agreed, nothing else AFL related today so let's create a full article about a nothing injury

AFL Club
Collingwood
MELBOURNE is set to add some steel to their defence, with Jordan Lewis and Neville Jetta cleared to play against St Kilda.

Small forward Jay Lockhart (back) is also available after he was a late withdrawal against Sydney.

Goodwin is keen to continue his experiment with two ruckmen but Braydon Preuss must shake off a sore shoulder suffered in his first AFL game for the club, to be able to team up with Max Gawn again. “He was a good inclusion for us, he performed really strongly,” the coach said of Preuss. “So he’s someone who’s got to get through training but we’re pretty confident he will.

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/afl-news/boost-demons-defence/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss