Discussion SC BBL|11: Diabolical wins $25k major prize...!!!

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Already posted in another thread but might as well add it to this one ...

1630327789120.png

1630329232852.png

From last years stats:

So lastly for the night and this will take some explaining
- Using BBL 10 this was my breakdown whilst exploring a possible draft comp ...

So I've highlighted in bright yellow three topics and filtered each of them down as I gradually narrow down what players I'm looking for with increased criteria

1st topic to me is an overall picture of the landscape
- What initially stands out to me is that our Domestic batsman are/were either below par, not getting enough top order opportunities etc or even maybe that just the best aren't available to play in this format of the game (unlike the IPL)
- So not many Bat/Wkp O/S players but the other lines are pretty even

2nd topic I've narrowed it down further by the number of games played
- Same issue observed Domestic batsman wise
- O/S players meeting the criteria has dropped considerably as you'd expect given short term contracts / Injury etc
- More O/S batsman than in other lines

3rd topic I've narrowed it down even further by requiring a 40+ SC average
- Not much to say here than it obviously favours the bowlers or bat/bowlers ...
- Not many O/S players make the cut overall aside from batsman ...

I'm sure some can pick this apart further but will sit on it until team lists are finalised and amend accordingly ...

1630311152020.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Vince re-signed by the Sixers , subject to availability
So the 6'ers already have 10 of their XI from the BBL10 final signed up again. Jackson Bird the only one missing. Tom Curran is effectively added to that squad as he wasn't here last season.

Curran, Christian, Braithwaite and Dwarshius likely means the 6'ers could replace Bird with an extra spinner in the XI, likely Manenti or Pope. I'm assuming Abbott misses a fair bit of the BBL season, but that is a terrific team already.

AFL Club
Collingwood
So the 6'ers already have 10 of their XI from the BBL10 final signed up again. Jackson Bird the only one missing. Tom Curran is effectively added to that squad as he wasn't here last season.

Curran, Christian, Braithwaite and Dwarshius likely means the 6'ers could replace Bird with an extra spinner in the XI, likely Manenti or Pope. I'm assuming Abbott misses a fair bit of the BBL season, but that is a terrific team already.
Abbott (and Neser & Pattinson) will be interesting to see if the push for Jhye to be in /around the Test Squad continues to see which one misses out.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think most people would agree. The last round that seems to work is round 14 (the Qualifier and Eliminator games). It's 4 teams of players to choose from, instead of 2. And it still rewards coaches that have built up cash across the season.
It could be worse, in BBL01 the semi finals and final were considered one round and you couldn't change your team after the semi cause the players were locked.
Had to guess well to have more than 6 playing in the final.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
"The Hurricanes are understood to have also agreed terms with an English batter, while Afghanistan spinner Qais Ahmed is rumoured to be heading to a Melbourne club."

Would be useful at either Melbourne club. Stars need another spinner if Zakir Khan doesn't return (no news on this so far) and the Renegades saw Hatz leave.